Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Tiger project, got a box of parts and a few ?'s

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tiger project, got a box of parts and a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Tiger project, got a box of parts and a few ?'s

Hello, well I picked this up from a local guy for a fair price and I now have myself a full blown project tank
It's a Toro all metal hull with brass gears metal road wheels and both plastic and metal tracks.
The top hull is Asiatam and the turret Heng Long.
Metal barel with upgraded recoil. Metal hatches etc/ a plug for charging battery, ir apple? Unknown make.
it's been primed rather roughly. The electronics are a mix and this is where I am a complete newbie so any advice / tips etc are appreciated on its guts.
Came with many metal upgrades,turret tracks, etc and lots of old heng long bits , suspension etc.
I am going to post the photos now and if you could take a look and tell me what I have and what I will need to get it up ad running I would be very appreciative
The metal details may goto my taigen tiger and this will be a battle tank as I want to join the local tank club
Thanks in advance here are the photos ! cheers Mark

Old 05-09-2014, 06:31 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got a project all right.

One bright thing is you have a DBC2 sitting there with your RX-18 (HLs board), so you are Tamiya battle compatible as far as the setup. I don't know about the apple, etc, but you're well on you way to battle with a club.

You can use that setup with a hobby grade Tx/Rx, so it you have one sitting around, it's good to go. I don't know if there's a RX or sound card under the blue shrink wrap.

My best advice would be to go to Darkith's site for the DBC and look through his info on it so you can familiarize yourself with what it does. Dan (YHR) of Battle Armor can get you a chip to plug into your DBC2 to make it a 3 and use one of the best sound systems available (as well as other cool stuff).

Good luck with it. Hopefully you'll get more answers, I've never had a HL Tiger so I can't really help much on that front.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Ausf. I really appreciate your reply. I know these are redundant newbie ?'s but this is my first attempt ever to build anything RC and I have ALOT to learn. Thanks so much for the info on the electronics. This is my platform to learn, so I will hook it up as is and see what I have and take it from there. Cheers Mark
Old 05-10-2014, 09:50 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll find this is a good group, there's no bad or redundant questions.

The hobby is constantly changing, so using the search feature may not be too helpful.

Like I said, this HL Tiger isn't my area, but you'll have a lot of help as they are popular. Just ask specific questions when you jump into the pile, you'll get plenty of help whether it's electronics, cosmetics or historical accuracy.