Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New transmission from ETO Armor

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New transmission from ETO Armor

Old 11-09-2014, 08:13 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Finally we are up and running with production of the new transmissions. I have enough parts to make 20 and by weeks end I'll have enough for another 30.
First up is King Tiger, KV 1 & KV2, Sherman and Tiger 1. All give correct on road speed and in a short time I will have a no cost option at time of purchase for either on road or off road speeds.

Instructions will be done in the next two days but basically all are the same except Sherman, which is a very simple bolt in. For the other 3, you will make two stock Tamiya hull transmission bolt holes larger. Two other holes will have to be drilled in the hull floor. I will have exact measurements for the placement of the holes for each tank included in the instructions for each tank. The other way, quick and dirty, is install the transmission and bolt it in the hull, mark the two standoffs that require holes, remove the transmission and drill the holes. For all but Sherman you must remove the left outdrive shaft from the transmission, install the transmission, bolt it down, then reinstall the outdrive shaft in to the transmission. Before installation remove your existing motor wires, solder them on to the new motors on the transmission assembly and test them for correct direction of rotation.

The only fly in the ointment is the shipping time. At this time it will be about 3 weeks give or take a couple days. I am working on cutting that down to two weeks or so. After The Commander gets back from Danville he and I will talk about stocking levels at the ETO warehouse in NJ.

I will have the transmissions on the ETO sight officially in the next two days. Sight was hacked and my sight guru is still working on some odds and ends, although the sight works well now. Now that these 4 are up and running I'll start working on a set for JS 2, Leo 1/Gepard and P4. Panther special parts should be ready by the end of this week. Machine shop has been overwhelmed lately and it's taken them a while to get to my goodies.

Price is the same for all 4 current transmissions, $245 plus shipping.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	012 aaa.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	2046016   Click image for larger version

Name:	014aaa.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	2046017   Click image for larger version

Name:	007aaa.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	2046018   Click image for larger version

Name:	010aaa.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	2046019   Click image for larger version

Name:	016aaa.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	2046020   Click image for larger version

Name:	018aaa.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	2046021   Click image for larger version

Name:	020aaa.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	2046022   Click image for larger version

Name:	005aaa.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	2046023  

Click image for larger version

Name:	006aaa.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	2046024  
Old 11-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I safely assume the shipping will be much less for us here in the States when you have them stocked in NJ?
Old 11-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Should fit into a Flat Rate Shipping Box at like 5 bucks from the USPS.

Or smaller.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2014, 08:58 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

How did the 'child' test go ? :-) Any video of one of them installed and driven ?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sollie
How did the 'child' test go ? :-) Any video of one of them installed and driven ?

I think there are You Tube videos posted.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2014, 12:36 PM
sollie

Sevo talked about bringen some tanks fitted With the gearboxes to a show and let kids have a go at them , would be cool see hear how that went :-)
Old 11-11-2014, 12:46 PM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Will this be able to have the capability to mount MATO or Heng Long drive sprockets? i ask because guys that convert the Tam Sherman to VVSS you need to use their drive sprockets.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:53 PM
sevoblast

Yes, shipping will be less for sure, and much faster. Russia Post is good but the idea of haste is not in their 'need to know' files.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:03 AM
sevoblast

The child test went very well. They managed to break a link in an aging set of Kenny Kong tracks but did not manage to hurt the transmissions at all. In the past, with stock transmissions, track links did not break when a pebble was ingested by the track system, the transmission broke. I do not know if vids were made of the event, we were too busy making sure the children didn't manage to run one off the edge of the cliffs down to the water among other duties. A tear down after the even revealed no wear or damage at all to the transmissions.

As for fitting in the Sherm with the Mato suspension, can someone tell me if the Mato drive sprocket is the same as the HL P3? If so, I can make that happen with a little time. I also need the exact dimensions of the final drive shafts, the distance end to end installed in the tank. A photo of the sprockets and transmissions with the final drive installed would be grand also.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:12 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Servo, any idea how much shipping to the uk will be? Might get a set for my panther.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:39 AM
sevoblast

I'll have to check on that, Tom, but I think about $25 or so. If it's less of course you'll pay less. For the Panther I'm waiting on machine shop to make the 3 special parts for Panther. They should be ready either Friday or early next week. I'll post here the moment I have them in my hand.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Cruiser133

Originally Posted by sevoblast
The child test went very well. They managed to break a link in an aging set of Kenny Kong tracks but did not manage to hurt the transmissions at all. In the past, with stock transmissions, track links did not break when a pebble was ingested by the track system, the transmission broke. I do not know if vids were made of the event, we were too busy making sure the children didn't manage to run one off the edge of the cliffs down to the water among other duties. A tear down after the even revealed no wear or damage at all to the transmissions.

As for fitting in the Sherm with the Mato suspension, can someone tell me if the Mato drive sprocket is the same as the HL P3? If so, I can make that happen with a little time. I also need the exact dimensions of the final drive shafts, the distance end to end installed in the tank. A photo of the sprockets and transmissions with the final drive installed would be grand also.

If this is the case, then I will probably wait until you get them stocked in the States and order one for my Jumbo project. Thanks Manchu for asking the question as that was a concern of mine as well...
Old 11-12-2014, 08:32 AM
sollie

25$ to UK , should not be much more to Norway then. I'm getting one set after X-mas for my JP for sure .
Old 11-12-2014, 09:32 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A link to a video of them in action would be nice as well. I am hoping these are whisper quiet?

I would like a set of these as well. I have a Russian tank destroyer that will need these. Let us know when they are Stateside please.

Last edited by YHR; 11-12-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:13 AM
sevoblast

As I said earlier, we didn't have time to vid anything. However, news was there and my charming bride will check and see what footage they have. The transmissions themselves are quite smooth and quiet and get even more quiet with use.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Gun Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert,
Do you foresee producing these in a version for the T-34 (Imex)? I didn't notice it mentioned, so if it was, I apologize. I'm already plotting to get a set for a KT.
Thanks

Mark
Old 11-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Darkearth74

Hey servo ,those transmissions look as though they will make the chassis a lot more rigid,would say that's an accurate gestamation?
Old 11-21-2014, 12:37 AM
sevoblast

Guntech, transmission sets for the Imex T 34 may come in the future. I will check soon about interior dimensions of the Imex piece and how we can squeeze a set in.

Darkearth, yes, they significantly stiffen the chassis. With the entire system being one rigid assembly with 4 support bolt areas, the hull floor becomes quite stiff. For the Sherman it's even better. With no suspension on the inside of the Sherm hull the entire system bolts flat to the hull floor and makes it like granite.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 AM
sevoblast

Gentlemen, I just received some excellent news from Bob Held. On 02 September, after checking with our local Post, I sent a parcel to Bob with a Sherman and King Tiger transmission. We had hoped that the parcel would arrive to him before the Danville meet. On 09 09 the parcel was sent to USA after wending it's way from way down here to Moscow. On 24 09 it was returned to Moscow as 'unacceptable origin'. That same day it was sent right back to USA. Since then neither I nor Bob has heard a word of this parcel and I figured it was gone. Miracle of all miracles, the parcel arrived to Bob yesterday. While this has to be the most heavily traveled parcel ever, from Sevastopol to Moscow, Moscow to NY, NY back to Moscow, Moscow right back to NY and thence to Bob in NJ, at least it finally arrived. Another parcel will be leaving for Bob next week with more transmissions. I can assure you this one will not take almost 3 months to arrive.

Bob will install the KT set in his JT this weekend and give it a test. Hal Husker also has a set of KT transmissions now and he is having them tested as we speak. I await both reports.

We will be doing another tank run at Battery Museum in early December and this time we will have a dedicated photographer who will video the event. I will post that vid the moment it is available. Work will commence on the battlefield and the biathlon course the first week of December at Battery. Biathlon course will be built first, it will be behind the main Museum building. Hard stands are being built there to display various vehicles and ordinance and the biathlon course will be built between them and the main building. The battlefield is planned at the moment for an area on the east side of Battery grounds at the base of a slope from the actual battery location. That will be a good location as it is accessible from a small road coming from the main road in front of Museum, ergo we won't have to schlep all the tanks and goodies all the way across Museum facility and then down to the battlefield. The area is secure, being inside Museum fence and the plan is for, at the moment, an open air battlefield with covered work areas for the tankers. I will keep you up to speed on the construction as time allows.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4997fg.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2049034   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0398a.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	2049035   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0401a.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	2049036  
Old 11-21-2014, 09:07 AM
sollie

Looking fw to all the reports :-)
Old 11-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I am not bothering you too much by asking this, how far down the line would the T-55 gearboxes be?
Old 11-22-2014, 03:15 AM
sevoblast

Let me take a look at the T 55. I've got one here and since the Hooben transmissions are almost copies of Tamiya perhaps it will be easy.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:56 AM
thecommander

I just got two KT TUs from Bob. One is for my for my 20+ pound JT. I will try and break them very soon.... but they look very beefy. Very nice machining.

The Hooben TUs are not very durable. The gear shafts are very weak. The groove they cut for the E clip is way too deep .....which weakens the shaft substantially.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:38 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sevoblast

Hal Husker also has a set of KT transmissions now and he is having them tested as we speak. I await both reports.
Hi, guys,
5 cents from me...

Have received KT gear set.
At the moment they are in Moscow Auto Mechanical Institute to pass quite severe tests.
Past Friday it was tested that KT gears could uplift 8 kgs of load this means that 10-12 kilo rctank can be easily moved. Motors have not being got hot, not even warm.
On Monday there will be more tests passed through.

Brief overlook of testing team - better construction and very deep modernization.

Detailed report will be published.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Martellus

That is amazing!

These things look awesome..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.