Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New tank on the way

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 AM
strippersteel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New tank on the way

I'm excited cause I just ordered my next tank. I went with the Taigen KV-2 with German markings from Immortal Hobbies. They are adding a tk22 clark board and a 4 channel radio. Should have it in a week or two so i'll let you guys know how it performs.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Gun Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the KV-2 also and also fitted a Clark (later), I still haven't tried programming it yet, but that chassis is great. You will enjoy it. I have already started brutalizing mine by starting to convert it to an SU-152. Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Mark
Old 11-26-2014, 08:04 AM
strippersteel

Thanks Marc and yes I've heard great things about the Taigen KV-2. I already have a Taigen Tiger and love it so I figured i'd try another Taigen. Converting it to an SU-152 sounds awesome so defiantly make sure you post some pictures of it when done.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Gun Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far all I have done is to remove the sections of decking to allow the casemate to sit in place. I need to learn what will be the best ways of bonding them together and closing up the seams. Then I can see if there is anywhere that will need reinforcement so the fenders are solid. I am waiting for my buddy to come over for some lessons on model building since my skills are a few decades out of date. I also plan to turn a metal barrel to replace the resin one that came with the kit. I will try to keep a photo record as I progress.

Mark
Old 11-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats on the KV-2! It is a pretty solid chassis. I think it is probably my second favorite chassis behind the Stug 3/P3 chassis.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:25 AM
strippersteel

Thank you Erik! I follow you on here and facebook and have been very impressed by your alls products and service. Can't wait to get the tank.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:07 PM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stripped out and rebuild started today. personally I like the KV series, soviet armor is a great break from all the german stuff
Old 11-27-2014, 07:11 PM
strippersteel

Hey your the man Curtis! You've been a true pleasure dealing with and I can't wait!