Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

JC Scale Armor - ever heard of it?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

JC Scale Armor - ever heard of it?

Old 06-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Max-U52

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default JC Scale Armor - ever heard of it?

This might be Jerry, but they're selling the IBU2.

http://www.jcsastore.com/model-electronics

Two problems -

First, the last IBU I got from Ian was about $175 including shipping (it should be less today as the dollar is stronger now against the pound than when I bought), and this one is $180 with shipping not mentioned

Second, the site doesn't seem to work. I tried to add one to the cart and go to checkout to get shipping costs, but when you get to check out it says there's nothing in the cart, even though it was just added and I immediately clicked on proceed to check out.

It's always good to see new vendors, but I have an excellent working relationship with Ian Judge and I can't see throwing that away just to save a few days on shipping time. Not to mention that it still costs me less to get the IBU2 from Ian. We'll see how this works out and if they expand to carry more items we tankers need and like.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:11 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, you are one tough customer.

Prices vary everywhere on every item, you can't hammer someone, especially if they're just starting out, then expect them to increase their product line.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes, JCSA is me. The website isn't quite ready yet. Patience all.

My hope is to have the site fully functional as quickly as possible. Some twists in the road
occurred after I made the decision to do this and the follow up to those twists has been an adjustment.
But not a sob story. I hope to keep the prices competitive and my little fledgling operation as transparent as possible.
I try to keep my aspirations for any growth in check an want to focus on giving modelers what the want and deserve
with regards to service and product availability. This is basically a mom 'n pop op with just the pop part....

Truth be told I'm awaiting my first shipment of IBU products and shipping supplies; not sure how long the IBUs will take
in Customs.

Jerry

Last edited by Tanque; 06-15-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Max-U52

Originally Posted by ausf
Man, you are one tough customer.

Prices vary everywhere on every item, you can't hammer someone, especially if they're just starting out, then expect them to increase their product line.
Not trying to hammer anyone, just pointing out the realities. I know what I've paid in the past and how I've been treated by the vendors I've used, and that counts for a lot with me. I do believe in customer loyalty, so to make a switch I need a pretty good reason, other than just price. I intend to watch this new site and pay close attention to what the guys say about their experiences. Like I said, it's always good to see new vendors, and now that we know this is Jerry I think that will score some points by being forum-member-owned. I definitely wish Jerry al the best and I hope things go well for him.

So, Jerry, please don't think I was trying to hammer you. Of course, Jeff is right, I AM a tough customer, so if a place keeps my business they must be really good. I've also noticed that you're working on the site and now the problem I had with the checkout and the cart has been fixed. I really do hope this works out for you and you make tons of cash.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Max-U52
Not trying to hammer anyone, just pointing out the realities. I know what I've paid in the past and how I've been treated by the vendors I've used, and that counts for a lot with me. I do believe in customer loyalty, so to make a switch I need a pretty good reason, other than just price. I intend to watch this new site and pay close attention to what the guys say about their experiences. Like I said, it's always good to see new vendors, and now that we know this is Jerry I think that will score some points by being forum-member-owned. I definitely wish Jerry al the best and I hope things go well for him.

So, Jerry, please don't think I was trying to hammer you. Of course, Jeff is right, I AM a tough customer, so if a place keeps my business they must be really good. I've also noticed that you're working on the site and now the problem I had with the checkout and the cart has been fixed. I really do hope this works out for you and you make tons of cash.
Nope, no offense here. The hard truth is vendors are competing for customers' 'discretionary income'; it's very easy to spend it somewhere else where you get the customer experience you want. I hope to do the best just keeping folks getting their projects complete. I started this idea with the hope that it will pay it's own way but expecting to have to earn that marketplace respect.

I don't want to wear out the welcome mat but I'll post here when the wrinkles are all ironed out.

Jerry
Old 06-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Max-U52

Just one more thing, and that is that I have a great deal of respect for anyone that tries to make it in this market. I keep remembering Dan saying that if you want to start a hobby business and end up with a million dollars you need to start with two million dollars. It really is a tough market, and jerks like me don't make it any easier.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:55 AM
wright 971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tanque Hope you have success with your new venture , your selling a good product ,so all you need to do is back it up with great service, just like Ian has.

regards pete
Old 06-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Tanque

Thanks gents, I'll do my best. I'm always open to suggestions. I'm trying to enlist the help of a friend to polish up the website. Irony is I'm a developer myself but more server side than presentation.

Tanker first, developer second....

Jerry
Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well chaps if you want a straight fellow to deal with who won’t sell you an item that doesn’t work and that is reasonably priced then I can think of none better than Jerry.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Tanque

I just received my first shipment of IBU devices! Time to unpack. I'm still awaiting the boxes I ordered and for my PayPal account to be straightened out.
Stay tuned. I may switch business site providers as I'm not sure I like the tools available with the present provider but I wanted ( and hoped) that this present one would be the fastest we to get going.

Stay tuned.

Jerry
Old 06-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Max-U52

I would say for the IBU2 the small flat rate boxes from the post office will work perfectly. Just enough room to wrap the board in bubble wrap, and $6 shipping to anywhere in the US or it's territories.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Tanque

Yep, my thinking is similar, just got the boxes in yesterday afternoon.

Jerry
Old 06-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Max-U52

Just out of curiosity, Jerry, it sounds like you had the post office deliver a lot of boxes. Do they charge you for that? I get them free at the post office, but just two or three at a time. I'm curious about how the post office treats business customers. Or maybe you're using a different shipper? That would be really interesting, to hear how places like fedex or ups treat business people and if they compete for your business or what. How are you finding the shipping end of it so far? Easier than you thought it would be or a big pain in the neck? Have you ever done anything like this before? One of the things I love about this hobby is the education I've gotten, on everything from photography to gear ratios. I'll bet an endeavor such as yours means having to educate yourself on a ton of stuff. I don't know why I like stuff like this so much, but it really does pique my curiosity.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Tanque

I purchased my own boxes. My site isn't quite ready and there's a few other things to iron out. Most ducks
are in a row. As most will surmise I'm doing this as an extension to the hobby to see
what I can establish before I wind down my lifelong career. While I want to do the best I can, do right by
my customers and be a vendor I myself would deal with I don't want to kill myself either.

I had a wake up cardiac 'event' a few weeks ago so I want to go easy. I should be ok but health and well being comes first.

So my stock is in, shipping materials are ready( mostly) hope to get the PayPal situation ready shortly. I'm not pleased with the website
but I'm hoping I can spruce it enough to be passable but I'm almost certain I'll look for a better solution unless this one surprises in an
unexpected positive way.

Jerry
Old 06-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Tanque

I believe everything is in place on the site, at least to begin with. If you folks go out and have problems let me know immediately please.
I hope to be polishing it up for a while. I'm not certain if it's coming across but I'm trying to let it be known that prices include include
postage for the continental US for the first month or so.

I'd prefer direct contact is there's something amiss, at least a PM...

Jerry