Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

You guys ain't gonna beieve this ......

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

You guys ain't gonna beieve this ......

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default You guys ain't gonna beieve this ......

Heck, I can't believe this myself ----- I was doing a Google search for some reference material (mostly photos) on a hobby project I am thinking about building. I ran across a photo on a website that showed of a model of an Italian WW II artillery tractor. It was on a hobby site in Italy. I was amazed to see that some guy in Italy built one just like the one I built 4 years ago.

Then I realized they were photos of MY MODEL !!!!

Check it out ----- I'm famous (in Italy).

http://carrirc.attivoforum.com/t586-modellista-d-oltreoceano

Check out the RCUniverse website listed under the photos, it has the original text and additional photos that I posted on this forum 4 years ago.

Has this happened to anyone else? I think I remember seeing a model of a Firefly (or other Sherman version) that Fynsdad made some time ago.

I will try to remain humble about this and thank the Italian tankers for their kind remarks. GRAZIE A TUTTI IN ITALIA PER I COMMENTI bella di MIO MODELLO

rex
Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Cool

Photo stealing and taking credit for someones work is nothing new to "other countries" and they get by with it too.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2015, 01:53 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't speak Italian, but I don't think the guy is stealing credit, he linked it your original thread as mentioned.

I'd take it as a compliment. You've got fans in Italy Rex. Now if it showed up in a print magazine, I'd be looking for compensation...

If I do a google search of a particular tank or plane, I'll get real ones and models. If the model is exactly what I'm shooting for, I'll grab those photos reference. Who wouldn't? If I couldn't figure out howw he did something or just wanted to show how cool of a build, sure I'll post it, again, why not?

How many times do you think the photos of that guy's 1/6 Dora have been posted across forums?
Old 07-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't speak Italian either so I thought Rex was implying that he was taking/stealing credit for it... especially when it's laid out like that.

So much for the art of assumption, huh. LOL (my bad)

Jeff
Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I translated part of it and it looks like he's telling one of his buddies about you, Rex. He says "This is his last self-construction , a tractor Fiat SPA TM - 40 RC armored car with trailer and also RC ". Or at least that's what google translate tells me it says. I'll try to translate more.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Rex Ross

Originally Posted by Max-U52
I translated part of it and it looks like he's telling one of his buddies about you, Rex. He says "This is his last self-construction , a tractor Fiat SPA TM - 40 RC armored car with trailer and also RC ". Or at least that's what google translate tells me it says. I'll try to translate more.
~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I use Google translate too. I regard the posting of my build on another forum as a big compliment, and that posting in Italy did a serious inflation job on my ego. I was very flattered. I admit I like to show off my projects and hope that maybe it will encourage others to join all of us "tankers" in this wonderful hobby. I have had fun building airplanes, trains and ships in the past, but tanks have taken the trophy as far as I'm concerned. Nothing could be better.

As far as reposting my stuff somewhere is concerned ------ go for it, have fun. Nothing I post is copyrighted and I hope that someday someone at Hl, WSN, Tamiya or whoever, will hire me as a production advisor/consultant for a million dollars a year. But I'll consider negotiating that if I can work at home.
rex
Old 07-08-2015, 06:45 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are world Famous Rex. You should be chuffed.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Rex Ross

Dan ----

Since I don't speak Canadian, I had to look up the definition of "chuffed". You had me worried there for a minute!
rex
Old 07-08-2015, 08:33 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Rex
Actually 'chuffed' isn't Canadian, it's Commonwealth-ese.

Mal
Old 07-09-2015, 05:32 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex Ross
Dan ----

Since I don't speak Canadian, I had to look up the definition of "chuffed". You had me worried there for a minute!
rex
sorry I should have gone with proud
Old 07-09-2015, 05:45 AM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wuvzwrong wit uzz guyz. Speak Merican for petesgoodness sake!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:50 AM
Rex Ross

Originally Posted by YHR
sorry I should have gone with proud
~~~~~~~~~

No problem, I did a Google search on Canadian slang and sayings. It was fun getting an education about that.
rex