Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL Tiger 1 track problens

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Tiger 1 track problens

Old 07-26-2015, 07:45 AM
Nikolai1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Tiger 1 track problens

Hi all, sort of new to rc tanks. I recently finished upgrading my HL 1/16 tiger 1 and after a few times using it the tracks started to slip of the main drive wheel sprockets. How it happens is that I think when I turn to the left or the right the tracks somehow come out of the teeth of the sprocket and then jams the sprockets from turning probably. Sorry if I made it confusing but I'd really like to fix after spending a lot if money on my tiger.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Max-U52

Hi, Nikolai, and welcome. With the HL tiger you don't have a lot of options. You can install a track tensioner and that will take care of it, or you might get lucky and get away with simply removing one link from each track. Can you show some photos so we can see how tight the tracks are now? What kind of upgrades have you done? Gearboxes? Metal tracks? And where are you located? At least the country, as that helps us figure out who is closest if you need parts.

One great thing about the HL Tiger is that you can usually fix just about any problem, it's just that some problems take more fixin' than others. But I hear we now have a guy on the forum that can fix it even if it isn't broken!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Nikolai1

Hi, I forgot to say about the tracks but I had tried to remove one link but was too tight. I haven't really done much to it as in gearbox's or metal tracks but all I've done is paint it and add a metal turret and some other small bits to it. I live in Sussex in the uk. The website where I got most of my stuff from was tank zone if you've heard of it?
Old 07-26-2015, 08:54 AM
sturmgescheutz

Hello Nikolai,

perhaps try to install a track tensioning system,but this is for sure not the single problem with the HL-Tiger I

http://www.henntec.de/produkte/kette...aigen-modelle/

If you have the plastic-version,the Number 011 could be a solution,have a look in my shop

regards,Guido

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	2111197  
Old 07-26-2015, 12:43 PM
jarndice

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Nickolai Hi, Where do I begin?
First off Tankzone owes me 470 and has done for quite some time, I avoid having any dealings with them,
Next, The Tracks are I assume Metal? If they are, as they come back from the Sprocket they should first touch down on the third wheelset from the sprocket if they touchdown earlier then the tracks need tightening and if they touchdown later they need easing,
A chain tensioner is a very good idea but before you buy one first check that you don't already have one fitted,
Look inside the Hull at the back on the floor you should see a brass rod with a hole for a hex key on each end running from side to side, turn until the tension is right, if you don't have a tensioner "HENNTECH's are some of the best available and worth fitting,
If you are using metal tracks do you have metal wheels idlers and sprockets? Mixing plastic and metal will cause problems, and there is a lot of rubbish spoken about plastic tracks, they are generally more than capable of providing decent traction on most surfaces and if you intend to fight your Tiger then I would advise against metal tracks.shaun
Old 07-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Nikolai1

That's really good advice Shaun thanks, no I've only plastic sprockets tracks and idler wheels. They do touch on the third setset. But I'll have a look at buying a tensioner. Do you know any website that sell bits for heng long tigers inin the uk?
Old 07-26-2015, 01:06 PM
jarndice

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Hi,Nickolai,
www.welshdragonmodels.com
Primarily deals in matters Taigen which will in most cases be interchangeable with HENG LONG.
If you go to E-BAY "FORGEBEAR" is another reputable dealer in all things 1/16 r/c armour he can also be found at
[email protected] both of these dealers can be trusted and will answer any questions you might have. shaun