Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

ACE/AAF Danville R/C tank event. Sept. 18-20 2015!!

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ACE/AAF Danville R/C tank event. Sept. 18-20 2015!!

Old 09-17-2015, 08:09 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One day to go tankers! Get those tank and TX batteries charged. I'm hitting the road this evening and will be at the museum fri morning.
See everyone then.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be pulling in around 3.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

November sounds like a good time for me.....
Old 09-17-2015, 01:54 PM
mcm308

I think I should have the HEL ready for battle by November. If theres another battle day ofcourse! Lol
Old 09-17-2015, 07:48 PM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Marty and I will be arriving around 1030 on Friday, see you then!
Old 09-18-2015, 01:25 PM
M1A2 Commander

Hope you guys have fun for the next three days.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:13 AM
TheBennyB

Thanks to the AAF for helping us host another great event. Also want to thank all the tankers that attended wether you had to drive 10min or 9 hrs we appreciated you coming out and supporting the museum and our event. Not sure on pictures this time around as all our usual paparazzi were either not in attendance or too busy battling to get a photo op.
We'll have to see if someone took some pics while walking around the workbench's. On Friday we proofed some new scenario's for RT which included cache's and weight (class) limited bridge crossings. Saturday we rolled out the full campaign battles and they went great. Lots of good team work and out of the box thinking on being aggressive or laying back and taking defensive positions. Thanks again to all that attended.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:32 AM
Rustytrax

Had a great time thanks for the event.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:01 AM
DaveBcool

Me too.
I really do like Rolling Thunder, even if I appear to totally stress out.
It would help if someone else would step up as CO.
(are you reading this Will?)
Missed Willy's trucks, but still worked OK.

PS. Troy, fix your flash.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 AM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by DaveBcool
Me too.
I really do like Rolling Thunder, even if I appear to totally stress out.
It would help if someone else would step up as CO.
(are you reading this Will?)
Missed Willy's trucks, but still worked OK.

PS. Troy, fix your flash.
With ya on the volunteering Dave. Thinking we may throw in CO, PL's, PM's in the morning "team deathmatch" battles without the other RT variables to get more people
experienced in battling with a chain of command and not so intimidated to command 12 other operators as CO or a couple operators as PL's.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Rustytrax

I think a time based incentive would push Rt to the next level.

Max time 20 mins holding the cache 1 victory point
Destroy enemy in 10 mins 2 victory points
Win in 10 mins with 2 lost tanks 3 victory points
Kill a CO in tank combat 1 victory point only available if defeated or the battle ends 20 mins

You need to work fast and not suicide. Also it allows for a comeback win for the day.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:47 PM
thecommander

I had a great time (Seems I always do....Hmmm?). Must be the great event hosts (thank you ACE), the fine venue (thank you to the Gassers family and the AAF Tank Museum), the great battlefield (thank you to the guys who prepped the field last weekend) and most of all thank you to my fellow RC tankers at the Danville events who always go "above and beyond the call of duty" to make all the new RC Tankers feel welcome and like a special guest. I have been inviting Craig and my buddy Ted for long time down Danville (7 hour trip for Craig and 8+ for Ted) and they both made it to the ACE event finally. I know they both had a fantastic time and will be returning. Ted is already looking for a tank and researching how he wants it painted. He got hooked on my #1 Panther real fast. I had to pry the transmitter out of his hands to get him into the JP on Sunday...he loved that one too but it is not the best tank for a new IR tank combatant. Thank you all for making the two recruits feel so welcome.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:44 AM
Imex-Erik

Confirmed guys. Bossman and I will be there for the November event It will be a 10.5hr trip for us! Any one there using FPV? If so what frequency/channels? I might bring now a few toys to play with....
Old 09-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Green Amphibian

The only guys using FPV are James and Mark that I know of. No idea of what band they are using. It will be great to see you guys at Danville. I will be looking forward to it.

Herman
Old 09-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Green Amphibian
The only guys using FPV are James and Mark that I know of. No idea of what band they are using. It will be great to see you guys at Danville. I will be looking forward to it.

Herman
Well I'm still not sure of what I'm bringing yet for FPV... I run 5.8GHz and 32ch VTx/VRx so I should be good if we have any interference. Please let me know if there is anything you guys want to see, I'll try and bring it up. It will be nice to finally meet you guys! I just hope it doesn't turn out like last time and we get clipped by an 18 wheeler!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 PM
thecommander

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Confirmed guys. Bossman and I will be there for the November event It will be a 10.5hr trip for us! Any one there using FPV? If so what frequency/channels? I might bring now a few toys to play with....
I'm glad you finally going to make it Erik. I am glad you and Bill will be attending the Fall Battle weekend hosted by the NEAD RC Tank Club. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourself at "RC Tank College" in Danville. We had a great time at the WRAM show together last winter and I guarantee that the AAF Tank Mus. will be 100 times better than that show. I will reserve a Tamiya IR tank from my motor-pool for each of you to use. I will also have a few Tamigen tanks (Taigen tanks converted to Tamiya IR) for you to test. I don't want to take away from Brett's thread but I will be making a post for my event this weekend. Thanks again to Brett and the ACE guys who hosted last weekend.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 PM
thecommander

Originally Posted by M1A2 Commander
Hope you guys have fun for the next three days.
Come on up in November (6th thru 8th) Gene. I came down to battle with you guys in Monaville, Texas....Tag, you're it pal.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:49 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by thecommander
I'm glad you finally going to make it Erik. I am glad you and Bill will be attending the Fall Battle weekend hosted by the NEAD RC Tank Club. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourself at "RC Tank College" in Danville. We had a great time at the WRAM show together last winter and I guarantee that the AAF Tank Mus. will be 100 times better than that show. I will reserve a Tamiya IR tank from my motor-pool for each of you to use. I will also have a few Tamigen tanks (Taigen tanks converted to Tamiya IR) for you to test. I don't want to take away from Brett's thread but I will be making a post for my event this weekend. Thanks again to Brett and the ACE guys who hosted last weekend.
Yes I'm glad we can make it too, the trip has well be overdue. I'll take you up on the offer for the IR tanks, I'll make sure to bring a bunch of extra batteries and some chargers to play with.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:43 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Thanks for the hospitality Bret, Bob, Herman,Troy, and everyone else my nephew Josh and I had the pleasure to meet and spend some time with in Danville this past weekend. We both had a great time talking, watching, and taking pictures at the event along with all the cool tanks, weapons, and other things in the museum!

I didn't get any actual battling still photos Saturday though, sorry, because I was testing my new wide-angle SJCAM 4000 video camera while the battles were happening. Not sure any of that video will be worth posting until I look it over. I haven't posted any photos yet either because we're still in Myrtle Beach for the rest of this week, but when I get back home and can process them, I'll post some of the tank / battlefield / museum pictures I had taken.

I hope some of you will also make the extra effort to find a pair of those cheap red/cyan cardboard 3D glasses, so you can also view and enjoy all the 3D anaglyph versions I'll hopefully be posting too. Or, if you have Google cardboard, or a Nintendo 3DS, you might be able to view the 3D parallel stereo pair images I also create, on those devices instead. . . 2D images are OK, but seeing all the tanks in 3D is sooo much better!

~ Craig ~
Old 09-23-2015, 01:14 PM
TheBennyB

Holy crap that will be cool Craig!! Was a pleasure meeting you and your nephew and hope to see you soon either at my place or at another event.