Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Pinion Gears *sigh*

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:15 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Best investment yet made! :P

I adjusted it to fit the normal length of our tank motors and then trimmed the protruding bits of bolts off as they wouldn't allow the can to pass through.

So far so good, these pinions are on TIGHT and let go with a satisfying *SNAP* once you get them going.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

OK, pinion puller arrived today and I have all Strato's pinions off and ready to see if I can get them in an envelope with a few stamps on it and get it up to the Great White North.

Pretty good little unit. Half a dozen pinions can make the old fingers pretty sore, so I found that wrapping a bit of rag around it when you turn the crank is a good idea. I might devise a little cheater pipe for the handle. It might also work easier if I put it in a vise with soft jaws. Of course, that would only be necessary for a large amount of pinions. For two to four sets it's just fine as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08JskNowpN0