Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Centurion Tank 1:16

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 03:36 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

It's SO detailed it's looking less and less like an RC tank but more and more like the real thing.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 AM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is crazy hours of hand crafting.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:39 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Glad you guys like it - "It's SO detailed it's looking less and less like an RC tank but more and more like the real thing." Isn't that the whole point?
Wish I was quicker, but the arthritis is a bit of a drag.

Mal
Old 11-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Panzerjaeger66

Received 106 Likes on 48 Posts

Mal, it´s still amazing about the details you made

Here´s a little video made at the fair beginning of October:

Maybe the one or another of you will be getting interested in this beautiful kit

Freddy
Old 11-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Panzerjaeger66
Maybe the one or another of you will be getting interested in this beautiful kit

Freddy

Oh, certainly no lack of interest on MY part, just so late in the game for it to become reality and not having the time or enthusiasm now is what is keeping me from getting one. The Centurion has always been a favorite of mine since I first started modeling.

Your kit is a thing of beauty for sure.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Ad Lav

Mine will be joining your ranks soon
Old 11-22-2017, 01:26 PM
afv aficionado

Hi Freddy
I try... & sometimes stuff works... nice video by the way. Your Cent is a bit too clean, looks factory fresh, but that can be fixed
Haven't kept up the posting thread due to the software update being a real pain - my post at Havoc Hobby is more current - Christian Ludwig Centurion Mk III - 1/16th - the down side being you have to be a member to see the pics

Hi Ad Lav
Awaiting pics

Mal
Old 02-07-2019, 01:21 PM
afv aficionado

Hmm, it's been a while since I posted here, the build hasn't stopped, just slowly progressing - Christian Ludwig Centurion Mk III - 1/16th -

Mal
Old 01-18-2020, 05:45 PM
JosephRyman

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Longsheep
Some of those Hong Kong Centurions - Korean war Vets - came here to New Zealand. Most of them were disposed of to Australia as replacements for those lost (destroyed/damaged beyond repair) in Vietnam in 1967 ish.
We had a total of 12 - Mk 3's & 5's & a Mk1 ARV, 4 gun tanks remain in country, one at the Waiouru National Army Museum, one at the School of Armour, Waiouru, and 2 as hard targets on the ranges at Waiouru.
Plus there are a least 2 ex Aussie Cents in the South Island in private hands.
Mal
Hi afv aficionado, you seem to have a good knowledge on the Centurions and their past/whereabouts. I have been for the past few years trying to find out what happened to my Grandfather’s Centurion registration 02ZR72. He was in the 17th/21st Royal Lancers, part of C Squadron stationed in West Berlin in the mid-late 1950’s. It’s a long shot in the dark but it’s worth asking! Any light shedded or if you may know anyone else with anymore info that would be so greatly appreciated!
Old 01-19-2020, 01:47 AM
afv aficionado

Hi Joseph
That's a big ask. Unfortunately, I only have Regn number data for NZ Centurions, although surprisingly one is close to that Regn No. - 02ZR67, aka NZ 30990, which ended up on one of the Waiouru gun ranges as a hard target.
You might be better off contacting Bovington Tank Museum and asking what records they have. There is also Centurion group on Facebook, though it's an invitation only group - no, I'm not a member.

Mal
The following users liked this post:
JosephRyman (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 03:38 AM
JosephRyman

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Joseph
That's a big ask. Unfortunately, I only have Regn number data for NZ Centurions, although surprisingly one is close to that Regn No. - 02ZR67, aka NZ 30990, which ended up on one of the Waiouru gun ranges as a hard target.
You might be better off contacting Bovington Tank Museum and asking what records they have. There is also Centurion group on Facebook, though it's an invitation only group - no, I'm not a member.

Mal
Thank you so much for your avid response! I am now a part of the Centurion group you mentioned and I am getting plenty of feedback! Very helpful chaps on there!! Thank you also for telling me all that you know, I think I actually messaged one of the Cent owners which are in private hands and yet to have a response. Kind regards, Joseph
Old 01-27-2020, 04:35 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

You already know this, Joseph, but I can also tell you that you are in good hands with Mal. He's very experienced, and he knows what he's doing. Some of these guys on here you don't want to listen to, but Mal is not in that group. If he gives you advice, you know it will be good.
The following users liked this post:
JosephRyman (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:38 PM
Andrewjohn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther G
All though the engine in the Chieftain was horribly under powered, it was and is still one of the best sounding tank engines I have ever heard.
I would love to have a model of the Mk V. another great sounding engine is the Russian diesel in the T64 tanks. These engines just sing to me much like a Detroit does. Just something about the sound of a big diesel engine screaming it's lungs out gets me all warm and tingly inside.
They’re both opposed piston 2 stroke engines, that’s why they sound the way they do. The Leyland L60 is a six cylinder, 12 piston , flat opposed, the Russian job is five cylinder. Fascinating Engine design , the L60 . No Engine head, each cylinder has a piston at each end.Turbo charged AND super charged.

Last edited by Andrewjohn; 01-27-2020 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Made a mistake, 12 piston, not 10
Old 01-28-2020, 01:35 PM
afv aficionado

Hi Joseph
I'm just glad my advice was useful.

Hi Crius
You're laying it on a bit thick, almost snow shovel territory, not that we need such things in this part of NZ, but appreciate the sentiment.

Hi Andrew
Just posted Chieftain sounds vid on the Chieftain thread.

Mal