Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Amazing re-creation of full sized Tiger tank, and its for sale!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Amazing re-creation of full sized Tiger tank, and its for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM
purgatory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing re-creation of full sized Tiger tank, and its for sale!

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/mil...age-heavy.html

I know its not r/c tank related, but with so many Tiger fans here, thought it was worth sharing. I think its an amazing re-creation, watch the video at the end, after almost 4 pages of build pictures, and it can be bought!
Old 11-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for posting it! Those guys are doing a LOT of heavy work with STEEL to try to fabricate a decent copy of a Tiger 1. That's a BIG UNDERTAKING to take on (let alone the cost)! We know to bend steel to shape (turret) and fabricate the swingarms takes commitment. Along with the sheet steel for the hull.

But the shipping costs would be HUGE! Very interesting! Thanks again for posting!

Mike in Kentucky

Last edited by Old MSgt; 11-06-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:15 PM
purgatory

thanks, mike. all kinds of tanks are sold and shipped. expensive? of course, but those that can afford real tanks can afford shipping. but there lots for sale right here in the US. what made this interesting, is how accurate a re-creation these Russian builders did on this Tiger.

was surprised you are the only person who commented on this post, I thought in a r/c tank community, this would be of interest to others. perhaps I shouldn't have posted something not directly r/c related, I don't know, still new here
Old 11-07-2015, 12:53 AM
Onondaga

Purgatory, this was posted a few years ago around the time White Tiger movie was made. We are very interested, but its old news to many of us, Peace!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:54 AM
CHIEFSONN

Whats s"(/$ was the tank so nicely recreated wasent used in the movie looking like a tiger that preformed on the battle fields..I was disappointed in how it was used did not look good.!
Old 11-07-2015, 06:30 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a bit of an odd mash up of features, has a mid cupola and head light but still has smoke launchers and the step on the front of a very early model!