Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

TK 22 and a Panther (A Love Story)

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

TK 22 and a Panther (A Love Story)

Old 11-08-2015, 10:06 AM
torpedochief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TK 22 and a Panther (A Love Story)

In my time. I have installed RX 14 10 or so. RX-18 20 or so. EL Mod about 5. SLU 6 and a couple Tamy systems.

Clark seems like a good board, however I need some assistance.

I have no elevation and no recoil. This is a Tiegen or however you spell it.

I am using the AR400 Receiver and the DX5e Radio.

Oh and on another topic. I have a 3d printer and laser machine. First project will be a much cheaper conversion kit for the JadgPanzer IV L/70 V Then A nice Brit Mk V Male. Goal is to make kits that do not cost so much.

That and I am now an Executive Producer with AVENTINE HILL FILMS so I am looking at doing a documentary about the research that goes into building scale RC armor for the History Channel.

Just a heads up, all the reality TV on History and like stations is going away. Now they are getting into both scripted shows and interesting documentary broadcasts.

I might tap a few of you for both tech and to show your tanks for the show.

Take a look at AVENTINE HILL FILMS and see what all we got going on. After you help get this Panther puring that is.

Don
Old 11-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Crius

Received 166 Likes on 145 Posts

With the clark you have to rewire for elevation and it has to be programmed for either IR or airsoft. Since you mention recoil I assume you have IR, so I'd check programming and then make sure you're wired for the proper recoil. Check this manual. it's long and you have to search through it, but it has pretty much all the answers you'll ever need. I even printed it out and found it's 73 pages long!

Here's the link, just scroll down till you get to recoil.

http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx20/
Old 11-09-2015, 05:45 AM
CaptainB

Yep Crius is right - if it's airsoft, you will have to cut one of the wires and add another wire to create a more direct route for the turret rotation as the HL version uses the same wire for both functions. - It's in the manual. I have just been converting my HL Jagdpanther to a TK22 and it is easy when you know how. the board does make a big difference as the firing and reload sounds are very loud, and clear even with the cheap HL speaker etc. One more thing, make sure your airsoft unit has the 2-way recoil plug and microswitch on the back of it. the older airsoft guns don't have this and you will have to change it out for one that does or fit your own (not an easy option).

Cheers

CaptB
Old 11-29-2015, 04:04 PM
torpedochief

Hey Brothers!!

Got the Panther all figured out!. Turns out the three pin connector has to be switched around. Now the Clark Board is a hummin!
Old 11-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Green Amphibian

Glad you have it going. I like them myself and use them in my Hetzers.

Herman
Old 11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 11-29-2015, 11:31 PM
tomhugill

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by torpedochief View Post
Hey Brothers!!

Got the Panther all figured out!. Turns out the three pin connector has to be switched around. Now the Clark Board is a hummin!

Good work Don, I'm glad you got her sorted in the end