Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

ZTZ-99A just back from Russian Tank Biathlon

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ZTZ-99A just back from Russian Tank Biathlon

Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ZTZ-99A just back from Russian Tank Biathlon

Hi Guys,

Well, I finally got around to weathering up my ZTZ. As everyone knows pictures and information on the ZTZ is pretty tightly controlled by China. You rarely see a pic of a dirty ZTZ. Most of the official shots show the tanks as if they just went through the carwash! I, as always, like to be different. So I chose to make mine look like it would apeear after 2 weeks of hard banging and put away wet. Note, there is no rust just lots of dirty...

This is a very special ZTZ. It has my patented resin filled lower hull with magnet hold downs, steel gearboxes, 480 motors, metal tracks, sprockets, idlers, Clark board, servo recoil, TARR smoker with MegaSteam of course, A laser pointer for painting targets, coaxil LED machinegun that actually elevates with the main gun, and last but not least an FPV camera beside the IR emitter for my 7" LCD radio mounted viewer. The camera runs off it's own battery and I use a lipo to run everything else since there is a lot of draw with everything else running!

Taking it to our TET battleday and will do some action pics and video and show more detail on the FPV system. After this battleday she goes up for sale. More projects to finance in the works!

Not the greatest camera or photographer but here are some pics.
ZTZ99A 1.JPG (42.3 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 2.JPG (34.85 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 3.JPG (41.48 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 5.JPG (46.52 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 6.JPG (45.27 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 7.JPG (28.28 KiB) Not viewed yet
Old 01-14-2016, 04:45 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best one I've seen thus far! Gotta get rid of that pill bottle apple though...he he.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:18 AM
philipat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome! I like the dirty, but not rusty look.

BTW...what is your source for small laser pointers? I tried to get some awhile back but they were too big to be useful in tight spaces like a turret, or the optics on the turret.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:28 AM
dgsselkirk

Originally Posted by TheBennyB View Post
Best one I've seen thus far! Gotta get rid of that pill bottle apple though...he he.
I know, I know... LOL!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:29 AM
dgsselkirk

Originally Posted by philipat View Post
Looks awesome! I like the dirty, but not rusty look.

BTW...what is your source for small laser pointers? I tried to get some awhile back but they were too big to be useful in tight spaces like a turret, or the optics on the turret.
You won't believe how cheap these are! Make sure you get the 5V not the 3V if you fgo shopping but this link is a pretty good deal... :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-650nm-...item3ccc2cf074
Old 01-14-2016, 09:47 AM
philipat

Cool. Thanks for the link. What circuit did you hook this into? I ask because different circuits (MG LEDs, head/tail lights, smoker, etc) seem to have different operating voltages. Or, did you pick the 5V for a different reason?
Old 01-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Panther G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. i like mine too. i added the ERA package that was available for a time and then converted it entirely to Tamiya electronics with the KV-1 set up. That combo works very well for a diesel tank application.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:09 AM
dgsselkirk

I used the Leo Clark board since the Chinese licensed that engine from Germany the engine sound is correct. Gun will be closer too but the Tamiya KV-1 sounds would be interesting! :-)
Old 01-15-2016, 08:12 AM
dgsselkirk

Originally Posted by philipat View Post
Cool. Thanks for the link. What circuit did you hook this into? I ask because different circuits (MG LEDs, head/tail lights, smoker, etc) seem to have different operating voltages. Or, did you pick the 5V for a different reason?
5V was brighter was the main reason. To be honest I had a buddy of mine wire it up for me. It was my idea but he is our club resident expert on things electric so I let him do it but I will check this weekend for you. It's all boxed up for TET tank show...
Old 01-15-2016, 04:04 PM
philipat

cool...thanks