Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hobby Raw metal metal gearbox

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hobby Raw metal metal gearbox

Old 09-05-2016, 10:40 PM
jmm6293-123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Raw metal metal gearbox

Hi Guys
Finally got all my gear for HL leopard for my FPV tank project ,metal wheels ,arms,tracks ect and even a Clark board,but browsing this evening i came upon Hobby Raw who offers an entire metal chassis including a gearbox with 550 motors included so i was just curious to know if anyone had tried to fit that gearbox onto the standard HL plastic leopard chassis
Old 09-06-2016, 03:30 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I will think that the mounting point differs from the metal to plastck chassie .

Was it something like this :
http://www.dklmrc.com/product/leo2_metal_chassis
Old 09-06-2016, 05:48 AM
ChuckATruck

I was wondering if anybody has tried them? How do they hold up? How is the performance with the big motors? 55 turn motors from a rock crawler should be able to move a house if you can keep the gears from exploding
Old 09-06-2016, 08:52 AM
jmm6293-123

yes it seems to be the same gearbox and chassis even,the gearbox seems to have a mounting tab at the bottom,i guess i could always drill new holes in the plastic chassis if the dimensions are the same.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:07 AM
Gfrey

I have this chassis and gear box and its very good and super strong. It has the same mounting pattern as Heng long I would caution using this in a plastic tub it might not hold up on very long due to the power of the motors also the mounting holes come form the bottom like a Tamiya tank .
Old 09-06-2016, 07:31 PM
jmm6293-123

well i will have to find a way to make it work with the plastic chassis for now,too many projects going on at once including helis, planks,jets ect,and the boss keeps an eye on my toy(???) budget,so i will go ahead and order the metal gearbox and finally get that leopard rolling,thank you all for your input
Old 09-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm6293-123
well i will have to find a way to make it work with the plastic chassis for now,too many projects going on at once including helis, planks,jets ect,and the boss keeps an eye on my toy(???) budget,so i will go ahead and order the metal gearbox and finally get that leopard rolling,thank you all for your input
Planks? Is that a flying tank? LOL Could call it the M1A10