Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Launching A New RC Tanks Website !!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Launching A New RC Tanks Website !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 07:41 AM
rctanknet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launching A New RC Tanks Website !!

Hi everyone, I have just launched a new website and blog ( RCTanks.net ) about RC tanks we are not buying or selling anything, and I know this hobby is not that popular like RC planes or cars, but i think there is a respectable number of hobbyist around the world including myself and almost zero content.

So A team was assembled and we started our new website heading for the beginners guides, case studies, DIY Tips, Database collecting and infographics, Of course we going to need your support in the process to make a valuable online resource. As we have also included a Classified RC Tanks Marketplace only for RC tanks.

Check the RC Tanks Website and i am sure suggestions or questions will be helpful.

Regards,
Bassam ahmed
Old 02-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Point made, post withdrawn

Last edited by Crius; 02-08-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:58 AM
rctanknet

i am sorry for you but all of the photos included were sourced from google as ( free to use ) photos, i am sorry again for this mistake the photo will be replaced immediately.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Cruiser133

I have book marked your site, I hope it works out. We can always use another source of information and a bigger community.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Green Amphibian

You are quite welcome to use any pictures/videos that I have posted as Green Amphibian from any source.

Herman
Old 02-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

And if you need any or have a particular photo in mind, let me know. I'd be happy to help out!

I'd be flattered if images of my tanks were used.

Jeff
Old 02-09-2017, 08:10 AM
pedzola

My entrance into RC tanking a couple years ago was mostly frustration and disappointment.

I would encourage you to use your website to explore the practical and logistical challenges for new tankers.

If I were to advise a new tanker in the US I would say: Just buy a tank directly from Erik at Imex. And most importantly, the tank must have "4:1" gearboxes.

If I had one wish for the hobby it would be to have a store like RCTank.de in the US. Where you can order pretty much whatever you need in one place without having to worry about currency exchange, vat, import laws, and weeks of waiting....
Old 02-09-2017, 09:28 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

After looking over the sight thoroughly, I'm not interested. The list of tank suppliers and 'average price of Tamiya' did it.

Last edited by sevoblast; 02-09-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Additional info found.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:29 AM
rctanknet

Thank you
Cruiser133
and i hope you can contribute with us, As for
Green Amphibian andPanther F
am very pleased with your offer and i am sure it will be very helpful for me to use your pictures, We have also started a contribution
page
which you can use to contribute with us with photos, articles, researches or anything could be helpful to the tankers community and of course the you will take the credit for your works, Or you can contact me directly using my personal email [ bassam.ahmedka@gmail.com]

pedzola
we actually are planning to make more of a community website or recourse, and we gonna depend less on the low quality and outdated resources about RC tanks on the web right now and will depend more on the community using forums or facebook groups to source info from the real tanker pros.

sevoblast actually our research main purpose is to make a comparison between RC tanks in the market to find a pattern or comparison data, So firstly it was based on finding the least price in the online market.
As we engaged deep we found that market of RC tanks is very small and lacks of a lot of products or tanks and we can't find a single online store or website to have it all so we could make a reasonable comparison. finally we decided to use the prices listed on original product pages for it + amazon listings to complete our pattern.

The research was used in the infographic in thehere and was used later for other article i suppose it was not a very wise decision. As for now we decided to remove the included prices.

Thank you for your support
Bassam Ahmed
RCTanks.net

Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 PM
sevoblast

http://shop.aaftankmuseum.com/search...s.asp?cat=1838
Average price of the 14 Tamiya kits listed, all complete with DMD/TO as usual, is $760. You do know what DMD and TO are, don't you? Kits are totally complete except adhesive and paint. You will have to buy a battery and radio of the kit is purchased in US or EU. AAF Museum is well known for excellent service and has spare parts for Tamiya.

Hobby Ease. In China? You've got to be kidding. Parts and service? Showing the infamous 'Pantiger' on their sight.
Tank Zone, UK. Known for serious problems with orders and service.
HobbyTron? Never heard of them but that actually means nothing, I'm a few miles off the east coast. However, if you leave a message on their answering system they'll get back to you within 3 working days. Showing the infamous Pantiger also.
Imex. Excellent.
RC Tank.de. Excellent.
Mark I tanks. Excellent.
Amazon and ebay? Hang on to your wallet and good luck.

The standard for IR battles is the Tamiya protocol. Period.

RC Tanks Australia. 4 threads active this year on the entire forum, all in January.

Who is 'we'?

Do you know the difference between styrene plastic and ABS and whose tanks have which and if so how much of each? Do you know which adhesive to use for either?

Ever heard of Schumo? Ever heard of Forgebear? Ever heard of Ludwig? Ever heard of RC Tanks of Oklahoma City? Impact? DKLM? Aber? Imperial? Archer? Peddinghaus? HennTec? Atak? Tower Hobbies? Turnigy? Clark? AFV? etc etc.

Sorry if I'm being a little short and abrupt, it's been a long day and pushing midnight. I've been tanking since the early '90's and I've seen suppliers, forums and web sites come and go. On this forum there is a goodly number of serious tankers and to a man they are good people. If you want to help them please do your research first and get a thorough and deep knowledge of our hobby. From the looks of your sight you have a great deal to learn and research. If you are doing some kind of market research just tell us and well help you. If your site is simply a good thought, then best of luck. I'll watch for a while.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:42 PM
sgtparker01

RC Tank.de. Excellent. Thats a joke, I placed an order on there a couple of days ago and its still not showing up in my account that I even have an order. As for ebay, 3 out of the 4 tanks I have. Ive gotten on ebay at good prices. You just have to find the right deals and take your time shopping.

Last edited by sgtparker01; 02-09-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:48 PM
sevoblast

All I can go by is my experience and that of others I know both in Germany and this AO. If anyone else has or had a problem with them I'll change the 'excellent' to 'provisional'.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:34 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with Dominique at rctanks.de I've ordered quite a bit from them. I usually open a line of communication first then let them know I placed an order. Usually at my place in PA in a week or so. Even replaced a full order that never made it to me and was "lost" in U.S. customs.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM
sgtparker01

well, Ill hold any more judgement till I get an answer back from the email that I sent them.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:41 PM
rctanknet

sevoblast
i don't know why is the agressive language i am sure our website have mistakes but that's i opened this thread in the first place, As i mentioned above the website does not target advanced tankers at all and is meant for beginners as a i am, the mean reason i started it because i could not find " as a beginner " a resource to count on, "we" a team of me and two others handling the website.

Please you can try to be more constructive as many others mailed me for mistakes which happily i fixed.
Thanks anyway