Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Sherman idler

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:29 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther F
You are in the best of hands with Daryl (probably the nicest guy you'll ever deal with, or meet) as we have had him make parts for us too. I'm sure there are many of us on here that could do something as far as bearings for you, but it wouldn't be any cheaper, or faster... or better than dealing with Daryl as this is his craft.

Please let us know what you decided to do for your Sherman!
Good. I've contacted him and lets see what happens. If he is very busy or for some reason he can do it then I contact you, Panther F of anyone wanting to do it.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:19 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might try MK-Modellbau. Here's an alternative if you need it. Looks like they've got what you are looking for maybe. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Jeff489; 04-29-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff489
You might try MK-Modellbau. Here's an alternative if you need it. Looks like they've got what you are looking for maybe. Hope it helps.
Hi Jeff, your link does not work but I think you reffer to this: MK Modellbau .. Ihr Wunsch ist unsere Mission .. :

Well, I think its time to speak about it. That pair of wheels that you see on the photo are actually my wheels, M K Modellbau did it under my request. I bought the pieces at a shop in Germany and sent straight to him. He worked on them and he shipped me back them.

But it did not go very well. The wheels were misaligned. I mean, it you take one pair of wheels, the wheels are not paralel, there is a little bit more than a milimeter of misalignement that does not let the track run propperly, so basically I think I wasted my hard earned dough.

I dont know if I should send him an email or not, I think Im just too tired of having problems here and there and I might preffer to lose the money there and try to forget as soon as possible instead of having to send a lot of emails back and forth.

Now is the famous Daryl Turner the one who is going to work on my wheels, and hope he does it as he should, otherwise I will set fire to my sherman and I will look shelter in another hobby like looking for stones in the lentils or so.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daryl Turner is the man, I run his Sherman wheels on my Tammy 105 build and they work flawlessly. Expensive, but worth it especially if you wish to battle it.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:27 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Jeff, your link does not work but I think you reffer to this: MK Modellbau .. Ihr Wunsch ist unsere Mission .. :
Yes, that is the website. Funny to know its such a small world. DT is your best bet. Based on personal experience, all the good reviews are accurate. He's a good man and he loves this hobby.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:37 PM
tonyray955

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I needed new road wheels for my M4 Sherman and couldn't find them any where. Then I found Tamiya Super Sherman # 56032 and looking at it I notice the Super Sherman and M4 Sherman are almost the same tank. Anyhow I ordered the C part tree and they are the same part only it's tan instead of green. I looked on Tamiya and it looks like the part you need are in stock for the Super Sherman it's part number 5415077 for $6.25. I hope this is a help for you.