Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

TC Stooges

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:30 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TC Stooges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P390Qy5tiw
Old 04-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

If you can get them to slap each other around then you'll REALLY have some stooges!

They look just great, Jeff, and I'm just waiting for them to go into production so I can order a German TC.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:27 AM
armornut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The German skeleton is what I've been waiting for. That's cool as hell. Let me know when you put that particular one in production, cause I'll get one for my puma for sure
Old 04-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Those are great Jeff! Nice presentation.

Made me laugh on a day that I really needed it.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:56 AM
ausf

Thanks guys.

I'm doing the final touchups and gates tonight, hopefully they'll be in production by the weekend.

I've simplified both assemble and molding, so I'll be able to offer them unpainted at a price close to a static. Plus all of these will also be available as static as well (those molds are already made).
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Crius

Will the servo be included? Or maybe a recommended servo that fits?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:36 PM
ausf

I'll offer it as an add-on.

They are all designed to take one specific, widely available servo, the Hextronix HXT500. You can find them on eBay for about $5. Hobby King sells them for $3.45 ea in the US, but charge hefty shipping. HK global has them for $2.45 but they're not in stock. I have a good supply on hand from the US warehouse that'll I'll sell at cost with the figure. When the Global HK gets them in, I'll order a lot more. I've been using these for years now and love them, not just for the price, but reliability. I use them in subs and boats as well as tanks, where there's a significant strain and failure would mean a pain to retrieve. There's zero strain on them in this application.

There's a socket in the figure for the servo that fits the housing and the gear, the bases are designed to sit on the appropriate tank. The US figure was designed with the Tamiya plastic figure cradle, but will work on any cast US hatch since the contact points are the hands and elbow. The Tiger TCs (will work with IIIs and IVs too) sit on the elbows on the ledge, servo beneath and doesn't hang low so there's no interference with recoil or elevation.

They'll be fully assembled, you just plug the servo into the socket and either hook it up to a spare channel or piggyback rotation. I like using a Turnigy chip and having them on an aux switch, the chip allows you to control the speed in both directions, so you could have him slowly pan without having to input.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Buggman60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ausf, they look great!! I love the skeleton heads I bought from you though I've only mounted one so far. I put a cigar in his mouth and two red light bulbs in his eyes and then I mounted him in my king tiger. He looks great. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by Buggman60
Ausf, they look great!! I love the skeleton heads I bought from you though I've only mounted one so far. I put a cigar in his mouth and two red light bulbs in his eyes and then I mounted him in my king tiger. He looks great. Thanks again.
That sounds cool as all get out. I would love to see video of that. (hint, hint)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:16 PM
cpt nj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nuck nuck nuck hey moe. Edit with the three stooges mix and you'll go viral.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:09 PM
ausf

Originally Posted by cpt nj
Nuck nuck nuck hey moe. Edit with the three stooges mix and you'll go viral.
When I pull them from the mold, I'll be painting a set and hooking them up to an Arduino so I can control them consistently, not just messing around with sticks. Then I'll do some editing including the theme music.

The skeleton was on the elevator channel with the other German on the Aileron. Without practice, it gets confusing quick.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I just have get some of these! My models have been without crew for far too long...