Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Nick Mead finds gold in his latest project.

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Nick Mead finds gold in his latest project.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nick Mead finds gold in his latest project.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saddam-hu...145038504.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5k60PR1dU
Old 04-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Crius

Received 148 Likes on 130 Posts

Very interesting, but that sort of thing always makes me just a bit mad because you know the government will step in and try to keep the gold. As far as I'm concerned, he bought the tank "as is" and anything in it now legally belongs to him, unless it can be proven beyond doubt that it was stolen, in which case it should be returned to the original owner. But to try and prove who owns it will be difficult. As far as I know, the bars don't have serial numbers so how would you be able to prove who owned it before it got stuck in that gas tank? It should be returned to Nick Mead, unless there is definitive proof that it was stolen, and who it was stolen from. Just my opinion, and that and five bucks just might get ya a cuppa joe.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
Very interesting, but that sort of thing always makes me just a bit mad because you know the government will step in and try to keep the gold. As far as I'm concerned, he bought the tank "as is" and anything in it now legally belongs to him, unless it can be proven beyond doubt that it was stolen, in which case it should be returned to the original owner. But to try and prove who owns it will be difficult. As far as I know, the bars don't have serial numbers so how would you be able to prove who owned it before it got stuck in that gas tank? It should be returned to Nick Mead, unless there is definitive proof that it was stolen, and who it was stolen from. Just my opinion, and that and five bucks just might get ya a cuppa joe.
Whoa, 5 bucks and free advice. I might be able to get 99 cent bakery item with it.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by Rustytrax View Post
Whoa, 5 bucks and free advice. I might be able to get 99 cent bakery item with it.
Has coffee really got that expensive?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Rustytrax

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
Has coffee really got that expensive?
It can be. Just depnds on where ya are and what you order.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Crius

That's kinda sad if you can't get a cup of coffee and a doughnut for five bucks these days. What's the world comin' to?
Old 04-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Martellus

If they get the gold back... That kind of safety net in $$$ + working on tanks? Sounds like a dream come true to me
Old 04-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Crius

Originally Posted by Martellus View Post
If they get the gold back... That kind of safety net in $$$ + working on tanks? Sounds like a dream come true to me
A while back a woman bought a used car and found the gas tank stuffed with cash. The government stepped in and said, "No, No, No, it must be drug money, we'll take that thank you very much". Never did hear if she got any of it back, but her lawyer kept saying she bought the car "as is" so had first claim. I hope she got the money.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:08 AM
Rustytrax

They have metal working skill. They could make a coin mold and mint none monetary commorative coins. Sell those off in a fund raiser for tank nuts like us and make more than the actual gold is worth.

A dishonest person(s) would have found a way to sell that gold off. I dunno make 5,000 wedding rings and pawn them. Something stupid like that.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:23 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Knock it off please.

If your posts have disappeared consider yourself warned. I also deleted some replies to deleted posts.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:46 AM
maillemaker

Guys should have melted it down. Would have been untraceable then.

Steve
Old 04-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Crius

Now I'll be interested to see if we ever hear a result in this. The woman who found the 82 K in her gas tank found it in 99 and I've looked very hard and can't find out if she ever got the money back or just what exactly happened to it. I wonder if this will be another case where we just never know.

I still think they should hold it for a short period of time and then give it back to Nick Mead, unless, of course, they can somehow solve the mystery of where it came from. And I imagine Nick will still have to pay a large chunk of tax on it.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 AM
RichJohnson

Received 129 Likes on 88 Posts

Dude should have kept his mouth shut and put them in a deposit box. Then cash one in in a few years. If asked you just claim inheritance.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:20 AM
TheBennyB

In some of the other photos I thought I saw some numbers on the bars? Who knows what will happen to these things, if it's tracked back to Saddam guess they're could be a war crimes issue as well.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:30 AM
RichJohnson

Received 129 Likes on 88 Posts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=09VOcMul_jo