Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RCtank.de shipping times to US?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RCtank.de shipping times to US?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Despotes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCtank.de shipping times to US?

I'm curious how long it took for any of you to receive a tank from RCtank.de to the US? I placed an order April 2nd and the latest update is from April 4th showing it as being in Rodgau, Germany and saying, "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center."
No further updates.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:33 PM
armornut

I ordered a barrel for the Puma from them. If memory serves, that is all I got for an update and it showed up usps a little more than a week later or so. I live in CA.

I would assume a little more time for a whole tank to make it through customs, but who knows.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

From personal experience, allow a full month for EU to US.

Don't panic, RCTank.de are good people and they won't let you down - US postal service maybe not so much...
Old 04-15-2017, 01:51 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

My experience of the German Postal Service and other carriers within Germany is that their reputation for reliability is grossly overrated,
RCTANK.DE (Dom) is brilliant and you will receive your order but even in the UK it takes forever to get orders that use any internal German postal carrier.
Hang in there, its coming.
Shaun.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Despotes

Thanks guys. It's really too bad Germany's postal service is so slow because next time I need something I'll likely shop elsewhere.
I got my IBU3 and Tarr MK3 Pro from the UK Friday. The tank was ordered the same time.

Last edited by Despotes; 04-15-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I've always waited three to four weeks for stuff from Germany, but the main hold up is US customs. If you're lucky it will go through New York. I'm not so lucky and mine usually goes through Chicago, where I've had items sit for three or four weeks for no apparent reason. But it's not rctanks.de that causes the problem. As stated above, they're a great vendor so you will eventually get your order, just as soon as the customs guys decide it's not a small nuclear device.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Patience is key in getting items from Europe. I've had regular deliveries take from 2 to 8 weeks.
Jerry
Old 04-16-2017, 03:44 AM
Cruiser133

Dom is good people, do not fret. I have ordered many things from him and it usually takes about a month or so.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:13 AM
Tanker 10

Originally Posted by Despotes
I'm curious how long it took for any of you to receive a tank from RCtank.de to the US? I placed an order April 2nd and the latest update is from April 4th showing it as being in Rodgau, Germany and saying, "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center."
No further updates.
My first tank from him took almost eight weeks, the second and last was just over six.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Dominique and crew are golden as both of my parts orders took under 2 weeks. But I'm sure a tank is different.

2 of my first Tamiya tanks came from Stella Models and that took about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, but that was back in 2006. Todays shipping I would expect a month to 6 weeks but I would contact them and ask them how long to be exact.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:40 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally know that DHL is an outstanding postal service postage within Germany is overnight however when postage is sent to another country this is where things go out of German control as others have said it will be stuck in US customs who do take their time I have ordered parts from Field of Armour and have seen orders sat in US customs for 2-3 weeks before it even leaves the US then there is British customs who will take another 2 weeks this is only on declared items postage that is not declared I have found to be much faster.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:19 PM
jarndice

I hear what you say but personal experience ensures that I reduce my purchases from German Vendors purely because of the awful state of affairs within the German Postal service and the various carriers used by German dealers,
It is not just Dom , Axels and An-Bri-Rc also suffer from these shortcomings,
DHL once mislaid a parcel from An-Bri-Rc for two weeks and it was only because of phone calls further up the food chain in their management that resolved the problem.
I have spent time in correspondence, Phone calls, and E-Mail with these dealers and they are most certainly not responsible for the delays.

If I was the only person complaining there might be a reason to point the finger elsewhere but it is not just me..
Shaun.

Last edited by jarndice; 04-16-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:42 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have to echo rivet counters experience, shipping from Germany to the uk has previously been super fast, I've had stuff arrive quicker than uk stuff ordered at the same time. GHL is partnered to parcel force so if it goes like that usually super slick. Stuff to the states is a different ball game, I sent an elefant to a chap on here and some tamiya electrics to mr Cruiser and the tank took under a week and the electrics nearly a full month if memory serves!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:22 PM
sgtparker01

Has anybody had problems with Mitosal? I ordered a beacon light from them on the 28th of march. Its been showing the same message on the tracking for 17 days now, Dispatched to overseas (Country code: US)
Old 04-17-2017, 02:37 PM
jarndice

Whenever I need some Wing/Butterfly nuts I get them from Mitosal in packs of 100 but I always allow plenty of time for them to arrive,
The original "Slow boat from China" (Singapore) But they do always finally arrive.
Shaun.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:21 PM
sgtparker01

Originally Posted by jarndice
Whenever I need some Wing/Butterfly nuts I get them from Mitosal in packs of 100 but I always allow plenty of time for them to arrive,
The original "Slow boat from China" (Singapore) But they do always finally arrive.
Shaun.
Thats good to hear, that beacon light is all I need to finish my leo.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:05 PM
tpallas

Mine took a week at the most, pretty good from Germany.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Big N00b

All my items from Germany seemed to have taken about 30 days to get to CA, but funny thing is, items from Poland took about two weeks
Old 04-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Despotes

I checked the order status today and it says, "The shipment has been successfully delivered" It's still in Germany!
Is DHL retarded!?
https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-pub...e=534726119233

Last edited by Despotes; 04-25-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 PM
rivetcounter

Have you taken this up with RC tank.de or have you just posted on here as I can guarantee no one on this site can do nothing for you, didn’t alarm bells start ringing when the parcel though arrived at international shipment import centre was still in Germany, do you live in Germany? You do realise that you have put your tracking number on line for the world to see which is never a clever thing to do.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Despotes

Of course I took this up with RCtank. I'm still waiting for a response. Alarm bells?! Of course there were and are alarm bells. See my post.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you use PayPal?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 AM
Despotes

Originally Posted by tomhugill
Did you use PayPal?
CC
RCTank said DHL refuses to ship the battery to the US even with the special documents for it. I simply requested a refund after waiting this long already.
So nobody misunderstands me again, I'm not blaming RCTank.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:26 AM
rivetcounter

Originally Posted by Despotes
I checked the order status today and it says, "The shipment has been successfully delivered" It's still in Germany!
Is DHL retarded!?
https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-pub...e=534726119233
I read your post at no point did you say you had contacted RC Tank.de if you had been checking the status of your delivery you would have noticed that the parcel never left Germany this is when you should have contacted RC Tank.de not wait until delivery in Germany.

I think you will find all carriers and airlines not just DHL refuse to ship batteries you are obviously not aware of global terrorism all you had to say was “no problem just leave the batteries out and don’t ship them” but that has nothing to do with why the parcel has gone astray, the response you are waiting on will no doubt have something to do with the time delay and Germans don’t see the need to constantly monitor their computer for emails, let us know when the problem has been successfully sorted out.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:46 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh... there was a battery sent with the tank? Shipped Internationally, and over-seas?

That changes the story and never a good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.