Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Introducing the all new IBU2 Ultimate (IBU2U)

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Introducing the all new IBU2 Ultimate (IBU2U)

Old 05-12-2017, 04:15 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Ian what is your web site?
Old 05-12-2017, 10:21 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Ian what is your web site?
RC Tank Electronics - Home

MAUS as you see I have answered your question EXCEPT what I typed in is not what is printed on the screen,
What I typed in lower case is

"WWW DOT RCTANKELECTRONICS DOT COM"

This new format is getting evermore annoying..

Shaun.

Last edited by jarndice; 05-12-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:21 AM
Tankbear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Maus

sorry i didnt respond like Shaun said he already did.

im also on Facebook under RC Tank electronics

Ian
Old 05-15-2017, 05:15 AM
Springman65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do want to add a bit to this thread. I think that the IBU2U manual is sort of lite and that for a first-time user of IBU equipment. like I am, it would be a good idea to download and read the normal or old IBU2 manual and have it and the new IBU2U manual on hand. ALso, I encourage you to ask Ian lots of questions....I did and it helped me greatly; Ian was/is great at helping me understand the IBUs. While I am still technically still awaiting delivery - should be here this week I think - I really feel I understand the system and I am comfortable with what I need to accomplish in its install.

And, one more note with regards to the 16 Gb micro SDcard. In WIndows 7 you should NOT try to "Quick" format anything in a FAT format, so uncheck that option and let it take the time to do a normal, full format.

Springman
Old 05-16-2017, 02:58 AM
Geoff C.

Hi Guys, I,m a nooby here so here goes. I want my tank to have engine sound, gun and machine gun sound also, but is made from ply and driven by heng long steel gearboxes, It is also 1/12 scale. It runs off an SLA 6v 4amp battery thru an Mtronics 15amp ESC to the motors. How do I make it work please, very kind regards, Geoff C
Old 05-16-2017, 03:47 AM
Geoff C.

Sorry, I tried to post an image but can,t do it, its my years I think. Regards, Geoff C.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:30 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks Shaun and Ian
Old 05-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Tankbear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geoff C.
Hi Guys, I,m a nooby here so here goes. I want my tank to have engine sound, gun and machine gun sound also, but is made from ply and driven by heng long steel gearboxes, It is also 1/12 scale. It runs off an SLA 6v 4amp battery thru an Mtronics 15amp ESC to the motors. How do I make it work please, very kind regards, Geoff C
hi Geoff,

using a 6v battery you probably struggle with the IBU2U, basically it be triggering the low voltage protection early. If you changed to a high capacity 7.4v lipo battery this would power the heavy tank and the IBU2u without issue. That way getting all the sounds and drive the gearboxes.

Ian.
The following users liked this post:
herrmill (06-30-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 10:01 AM
Bigmo7

Cool IBU2U,barrel smoke and flash

Hello all,
It’s been a bit since I’ve been here (at least with a question) and after reading several threads regarding the IBU2U. Where does one plug the barrel smoke and flash connections? I have a M1A1 that I had built with the IBU2 FO has smoke and flash and electrons and me have a pact I won’t fry anymore boards and you (electrons) will not tell how the build small turbine engines and so far electrons has kept up with its end as for me?! Not so much.

thanks in advance,

Bigmo7

Old 06-30-2022, 05:58 AM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

The instructions show where to plug in the LED for barrel flash. I am not aware that any of the IBU boards support barrel smoke.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:36 AM
Bigmo7

Hi Ian,
I’m bigmo7 and a “nooby” Newby, cherry etc to the RC world. I’ve have a IBU2 and attempting to install gun barrel flash and smoke utilizing Heng Long/Taigen accessories on a king tiger and I cannot figure out where they connect to the board and synchronize smoke and flash. I’ve had this board for a month now and seeking assistance on this issue.

thanks,

Bigmo7
Old 07-08-2022, 08:05 AM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

The ibu does not support barrel smoke.
if you want it to do that you are going to have to experiment to get it to work.
try plugging your smoke unit into the same plug as the barrel LED in parallel so they both trigger at the same time.

you may need to have the heating element powered all the time so it’s hot at the moment you fire, then the flash and smoke motor fan will fire at the same time.