Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The Truth About USPS Tracking?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Truth About USPS Tracking?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by willbody1 View Post
I have lost my third package that USPS claims they put in the mail box in the past 2 months, seems odd that since they changed who the carrier is in the past couple months working this route that so many packages is missing
I now tip my USPS and UPS delivery guys when I have a big package coming. Most of the time I ship to my work but on the rare occasion I need to ship to the house the guys know to take it to the back porch where there is a few bucks sitting in an envelope for their time to walk around the back (and dealing with Zeus). I've made friends with them over the last year or two and although it cost a few extra bucks my packages are now in the shade on my back porch waiting for me when I get home.
Originally Posted by sevoblast View Post
It wouldn't help in my case, the parcel never made it out of NJ for Daryl in MD.
I cant say 100% but I will say having the signature verification does help a LOT in loss prevention on the last leg of the journey. Unfortunately this might not be true for transit, but at least for the final leg this seems to help a LOT for us.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:05 PM
willbody1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is another problem it was signature required but the postal carrier says she put in the mail box instead of getting a signature, of course they say its there fault but it's me having to contact the sender to try that they file a claim.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by willbody1 View Post
That is another problem it was signature required but the postal carrier says she put in the mail box instead of getting a signature, of course they say its there fault but it's me having to contact the sender to try that they file a claim.
Yea it might be time to get a PO box or ship to a business with a business account with that shipper. Then if something goes wrong they are more likely to get to the bottom of it asap if you pay for the service if you know what I mean.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Crius

Received 167 Likes on 146 Posts

Just another case of "Money Talks" and the rest of us get kicked to the curb!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:27 AM
Tanque

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts

I believe it is a local carrier who is dirty; someone recognizes the sending company name and decides to help themselves.
Not sure how insurance or signature required will help avoid 'lost' packages; only making the carriers responsible and accountable might
affect that. Making carriers responsible for the packages they are to deliver with penalties for lost items would make a difference. Otherwise
there's no ownership of the issue.

The other possibility is the tracking system is not secure and unscrupulous employees how have access, even worse direct access to the database could
do direct simple queries looking for sending companies of interest. Unless audit measures are in place to track and limit access the data could be a goldmine.
to those with criminal intent. That knowledge in the wrong hands could cause many 'lost' packages.

Jerry
Old 06-28-2017, 09:27 AM
Tanque

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts

I believe it is a local carrier who is dirty; someone recognizes the sending company name and decides to help themselves.
Not sure how insurance or signature required will help avoid 'lost' packages; only making the carriers responsible and accountable might
affect that. Making carriers responsible for the packages they are to deliver with penalties for lost items would make a difference. Otherwise
there's no ownership of the issue.

The other possibility is the tracking system is not secure and unscrupulous employees how have access, even worse direct access to the database could
do direct simple queries looking for sending companies of interest. Unless audit measures are in place to track and limit access the data could be a goldmine.
to those with criminal intent. That knowledge in the wrong hands could cause many 'lost' packages.

Jerry
Old 06-28-2017, 12:24 PM
tomhugill

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear about the theft, if it's lost in NJ I guess it's probably would up with my KV-1 mfu and myriad Tamiya kits
Old 06-29-2017, 06:50 PM
bowlman

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a package last year come to me from China ill make this short it made it here to USA on the west coast then to Chicago then to Detroit then back to Chicago then back to west coast then back to China it past my city twice I live in Jackson between Chicago and Detroit it went down and back I94 twice past me what was wrong was the poundage for the package was listed as 2 pounds they payed for what the package weight was really for witch was 1/2 a pound but someone went by the scan that said it was 2 pounds so they did not think the shipping payment was correct so it went back if the shipping payment was not correct how did it make it all the way to Detroit Michigan from the west coast .

Jimmy
Old 06-30-2017, 03:57 AM
Cruiser133

New Jersey, the armpit of America. LOL, I kid!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Crius

You may be kidding, but that doesn't make it any less true.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:23 AM
sevoblast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, it's only been a month and already Daryl has the 'emergency' order. A second parcel left couple days ago and will be to Daryl by end of next week, baring another theft in New Jersey. Second parcel is to replace about 25% of the original order. DHL and US Post are still arguing who was at fault. Perhaps I'll have all the parts eventually.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:35 AM
ketciblue

Indeed there are products that in different countries can not be delivered.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:38 AM
ketciblue

Sometimes the problem is in the delivery companies
Old 12-06-2021, 12:39 AM
ketciblue

You can try another delivery company
Old 12-06-2021, 12:39 AM
ketciblue

Or you can leave by yourself after the order
Old 12-06-2021, 12:40 AM
ketciblue

There are some companies that do delivery all over the world
Old 12-06-2021, 02:51 AM
Crius

Welcome aboard. Just a word to the wise, be careful about running up the post count like that, it can tend to make the moderators a little bit suspicious of you, and you definitely want to fly under the radar when it comes to those guys.

Always good to see new members, I'm looking forward to the time when you can post photos and show us your favorite tanks.