Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Taigen V2 2.4GHz Electronics Now Available!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Taigen V2 2.4GHz Electronics Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I have a V2 on the way and I'll do a video once it gets here. I'm looking forward to seeing how well it does when paired with the FlySky i6.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Der alte Fritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finished installing the new Taigen V2 electronics package into my Tiger I and I am very happy with the operation except...
My TARR smoker no longer works. I have the model that also connected to the motors to give proportional smoke and it worked fine with the original Taigen electronics. It looks like the V2 smoker output is only about 3V at idle but the TARR wants to see around 7V. The fan in the TARR didn't even turn until I disconnected to board that takes power from the 2 motors and soldered the 2 leads together. That at least made the fan spin but there is not enough power to generate smoke at idle. Did anybody else run into this problem and found a solution?
I tested it with the original Taigen smoke unit and it works, although with more noise and less smoke than the TARR unit.
Reinhard
Old 12-21-2017, 09:21 PM
winonagr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoker for Version 2 radio

This what I have so far with trying a new smoker for a Taigen Panzer 4 tank.
This is a fan driven smoker that will run on the new Taigen Version 2 radio system. I am getting about 20 to 25 mins of smoke with 1 fill up of the smoke oil. In some cases twice the run time of the tank itself.
Runs almost silent. More throttle gives you more smoke, with lite smoke at idle.
I am currently testing a mounting permanent mounting system that can be universal for all radio control tanks
I can't post a link to it but search You Tube for "Taigen Panzer IV new smoker"