Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

3D printed parts for your tank - links

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

3D printed parts for your tank - links

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:31 AM
Derpzki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D printed parts for your tank - links

For those of you who have a 3D Printer, printing extra parts and accessories can be quite fun

Here are some links for some accessories:

http://rctanksaustralia.com/store/in...products_id=32

A 1942 German Jerrycan - great for your German tanks!

Made by the people at RCTA

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2485741
The Stowage Project by Tigerace1945 - these parts are in 1:100 scale - just scale them to 1:16
Includes jerrycans, machine guns, all types of stowage bags, tools, and more!

Please add to this thread - it would be nice to have a thread full of 3d printable parts for our tanks
Old 02-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Kevin put that jerry can up a couple weeks ago, but you missed the tank trap.

Thingiverse is great for a bunch of stuff, check this thread and you'll see the PAK 40 that Wayne scaled up to 1/16. I give that file away to anyone that wants it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...d-printer.html
Old 02-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Springman65

What we need is first someone to be this forum's Moderator....then that person needs to make a 3D Printing sticky or even two - one for part/creation resources and another for general 3D Printing in general......

(I really do think 3D Printing is going to be a driving force in the future of this and other hobbies)

Springman
Old 02-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Derpzki

Originally Posted by Springman65
What we need is first someone to be this forum's Moderator....then that person needs to make a 3D Printing sticky or even two - one for part/creation resources and another for general 3D Printing in general......

(I really do think 3D Printing is going to be a driving force in the future of this and other hobbies)

Springman
Yeah, it would be quite useful to have a main 3D printing thread for resources, as well as in general.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:07 AM
Springman65

I just saw something sort of interesting on MatterHackers.com A material called "NyLonX" THis filament is a composition of nylon and Carbonfiber. Its EXPENSIVE! But, touted to be super strong. I wonder how it would be for use in gearboxes, gear rings, and such? Maybe even some suspension arms - with pressed axles???? Or, roadwheels with outewr detail inserts and bearings?

Springman
(Just thinking about the possibilities)
Old 02-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Springman65
I just saw something sort of interesting on MatterHackers.com A material called "NyLonX" THis filament is a composition of nylon and Carbonfiber. Its EXPENSIVE! But, touted to be super strong. I wonder how it would be for use in gearboxes, gear rings, and such? Maybe even some suspension arms - with pressed axles???? Or, roadwheels with outewr detail inserts and bearings?

Springman
(Just thinking about the possibilities)
The PLA/CF is much cheaper
Old 02-28-2018, 10:54 AM
Springman65

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
The PLA/CF is much cheaper
But, would the NyLonX be better? I just have to wonder, especially for large scale RC like 1/6th........ Or, even how it would holdup wearing against metal tracks?

But, I do see applications for PLA/CE too.....

Springman
Old 02-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Carbon fibre reinforced Nylon is a PitA to work with - you'll need a hardened extruder nozzle due to the abrasive nature of the material, and some means of keeping the moisture out of Nylon while you are printing with it.