Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:19 PM
gp100

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crius
Been watching this thread, thought I'd throw my hat in the ring (yeah, yeah, cool Eddie Rickenbacker reference)

Hmm.. Honestly, I can't give you a good opinion on a good starter tank.. I can. I posted the video above. Get the $100 tank, maybe even the $80 Pershing, and see if it blows your wig back. If you look at it and think, I bet I could improve this, or paint that, or weather this, and she needs an antenna, and I bet I could make that part work better, and those lights are kinda cheesy, I bet I could do better ... you're a natural born RC Tanker and this will NOT be your last tank. Then you can look at something of better quality. If you look at it and play with it for three or four days and it goes on the shelf, you're not out hundreds of smackers. It varies.. I found that this hobby is not a one size fits all kinda thing.. In my first foray into the hobby, I went with a full metal Tiger 1 with upgrades.. Then wound up having to put $300 into it to get what it should have been to start with.. Now, it's perfect.. I started with a $109 Jagdpanther, put $600 into it, now it's perfect, so I feel ya.

OUCH! Yeah, I guess you do feel the burn I did..

I do know that Tamiya is considered the gold standard in many ways.. And many years ago, I had Tamiya race cars that were superb.. Ran like a Swiss watch.. In today's market when it comes to tanks, we have many "Johnny come lately's" with offerings that are nicely detailed in their own right.. And of course, they all have their own pro's and cons.. I've heard the Tamiya's come with great electronics, This is debatable. When first introduced they were state of the art but now are a bit dated. Their battle system is still the global club standard. yet can come with less than stellar details on a few things.. Such as a piece of rope for a tow chain.. But have no first hand knowledge of this myself.. I have no Tamiya tanks.. So I'll leave that to more experienced folks on here than myself..

Wow, I guess Tamiya has fallen a bit on the electronics.. They used to be the top of the line.. Surprised to hear they haven't kept up with newer technology.. That said however, thank you for letting me know this, as I had no idea they had not improved the design by now..

Heng Long is a cheaper version of tank that can be upgraded in many respects to be a very nice tank from what I've seen.. And there are those here that have done one hell of a job with them on the detail and electronics.. Truly magnificent work.. Then you have Taigen.. Who is billed as being "all metal" This is not accurate. No where at the Taigen website does it say "All Metal" but the tanks are divided into "Plastic Edition" and "Metal Edition". Only Mato claims "All Metal" and they are, except for the tires on the roadwheels. "Metal Edition" means it has many metal upgrades. Kind of a jargon thing, I guess, but this is a hobby with a steep learning curve, and you're hearing that from one that's let the magic smoke out more than once. but is not the truth.. Yes, there is a lot of metal in it.. But by no means is it "All" metal.. And from a certain standpoint, I can understand this from an engineering standpoint..

Actually Crius, when I bought mine, it was on Amazon.com. And I had no info about tanks, but it was billed on Amazon as "All Metal Edition" with upgrades such as Version II All Metal Gearboxes with 390 motors installed with all metal tracks and road wheels.. So a newbie "could" take this as the tank was "ALL" metal. with no plastic.. Those of you in the know, would automatically know the truth about this.. But a newbie such as myself would look at that, and think otherwise since we have no experience to go with other than an advertisement.. And in my defense, I didn't buy it from Taigen directly.. I bought it from a company called "The phoenix Model Company", who I later found out was another name Taigen went under.. So yeah, in a way I did buy it from them, but didn't know it.. I paid $539 + Shipping of around $30 So yeah, I felt the burn when I stuck another $300 into it.. You could say I had heart burn..

Taigen is a very nicely detailed tank in it's own right.. The fit and finish in my opinion is top rated.. From a cosmetic standpoint, it is truly an amazing piece of work.. I do love the high detail and quality of those details on my Taigen Tiger 1.. It has great road wheels and a good set of tracks to it.. The issue I had with it, was the electronics package that I felt could use some serious work.. It's long been known in the hobby that the "stock electronics" aren't the greatest, and nobody uses them for serious battling. Again, a learning curve thing. They definitely could use work, and they're slowly getting there. A big problem is making everything compatible for the Great Unwashed, the main source of income. The main reason Taigen is considered superior is the chassis. Even the $200 plastic edition Tiger One has the good chassis with the metal tub and torsion bar suspension. That's something you can work with. Like building a house, start with a good foundation. The P3, P4, T-34 and Sherman metal chassis are also top quality. I found numerous issues I won't go into here.. But, after replacing all the guts with aftermarket electronics, the tank is top notch.. Honestly, the tank I bought, should come with this electronics package installed already.. However, I'm sure due to money, is the reason they don't..

I will agree 100% that Taigen is, from an engineering standpoint, one great chassis.. And it is rock solid.. You are of course correct.. If your foundation is faulty, the house will collapse.. But with the Taigen foundation as a start, you'll have a great tank to build..

Also, it highly depends on the budget your working with Sir.. Hear, Hear. Well said. If you have the money, anything can be done for the right price..

Taigen is a good tank, so long as you know what your getting into right up front.. If you go with a metal version of the tiger 1, you'll be okay.. So long as you replace the electronics with something a bit better.. You have Clark, El-Mod, and of course the IBU setup.. Any of these are far superior in quality than "most" factory systems..

Again, you must remember that the factory set up is designed to get you going only in most cases.. I have found that most companies ask for good components, but a factory may run out of something, and substitute a slightly "off spec" part to compensate.. This happens more than most people realize.. And of course, the company doesn't realize this in most cases.. So you can't really blame them for it..

I found the IBU system to be a great system with first rate electronics.. With a great distributor named Ian Judge.No cheap stuff on the board.. There were places they could have gone cheap, but didn't.. So there's that.. And I think it would be an excellent addition to damn near any tank you buy.. You also have the Clark T60, which again, is a nice offering in it's own right..

I actually thought about naming Ian in the post, But I figured his reputation speaks for itself. And many others would mention him already. And there isn't anything I can say, that hasn't been said about this man already by many people here.. his reputation is impeccable.. And I'm sure a little investigative work on the part of the OP would have lead him straight to Ian's doorstep.. lol.. After all, how can it lead anywhere else? Ian IS the man..

If it was my money, I would go with a nice Tiger 1 from Taigen or Tamiya.. Stick an IBU-2 Pro in it with a good Flysky i6 radio in it, and you should be good to go.. I'd do this second, once I was sure I was in for keeps.

Well, Okay.. I suppose you do have a very valid point here.. Sure would have saved me a crap load of money if I had done this.. So yes. Agreed..

Taigen is a good tank from an engineering standpoint.. It's just the electronics I have an issue with.. However, please understand I'm a perfectionist in the extreme.. Remember, you're buying a toy. If you want a hobby grade tank, it takes work. That's why they call it "Hobby" Grade, it's a hobby, and hobbies involve that labor of love.

OUCH.. I guess I have a problem calling a $539 tank, a "toy",, To me, $50 is toy grade.. $500 should be considered Hobby grade already.. But damn brother.. You really know how to hurt a guy.. (kidding)

I'm coming from 3 degrees in the computer sciences and electronics from MIT.. I worked as a Hollywood actor and stunt man for 25 years to work my way through college.. So I take my education very seriously.. I'm honest about my criticism, but also on my praises.. I'm a guy who gets off on talking "string theory" and Quantum Physics" with others in my field.. So tanks are not my native language.. But I'm learning fast.. :P

Now that I've expounded on my opinion more than you needed.. And probably bored you to tears, I'll let you get some opinion's from others here that have been in the hobby far longer than I..

Whatever you decide, research before you dive in.. You'll find various opinions all over the boards.. Take what you learn, and apply it to your purchase, and you'll be a happier person for it in the end with whatever you decide.. I agree on the research part, and still recommend the cheap tank to start. If you become an avid RC Tanker, you'll never be sorry you bought it and you'll make it better, and if you decide RC Tanks aren't for you you'll never be sorry you didn't spend hundreds of dollars for your first tank. But when you're seriously hooked and REALLY want to spend some money, then we'll talk about 1/6 scale ...

Again, this is a very valid point.. However, no thanks to the 1/6 scale for me.. I can't see myself even thinking about the nightmares associated with money for that..

But above all else, enjoy the hobby.. That's what it's all about ultimately..

We now return you to your regularly scheduled commercial break.

And that's my 2 cents, hope all or part was helpful.
Ahh, but you cheat yourself.. It's worth at least a nickel's worth.. Inflation you know..

Last edited by gp100; 03-13-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I started out last year with 2 Heng Long tanks. The Abrams and the T90. The Abrams sprocket exploded on it's first run. After fixing that, and adding Impact tracks, I was hooked, and dove in. Now, just a few months later, I have tanks fom Heng Long, Taigen, Torro, Mato, and Tamiya. I also have 3 builds underway right now. I'm not looking forward to the electronics side, but even there, I'm looking forward to learning.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:00 PM
gp100

Originally Posted by Maccrage
I started out last year with 2 Heng Long tanks. The Abrams and the T90. The Abrams sprocket exploded on it's first run. After fixing that, and adding Impact tracks, I was hooked, and dove in. Now, just a few months later, I have tanks fom Heng Long, Taigen, Torro, Mato, and Tamiya. I also have 3 builds underway right now. I'm not looking forward to the electronics side, but even there, I'm looking forward to learning.
So what do you think of the Torro? I've seen them.. And they have a nice wooden box.. But other than that, is there a big difference in them versus a Taigen? Or is it the same tank for the most part? I'm curious about them..
Old 03-13-2018, 11:14 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gp100
So what do you think of the Torro? I've seen them.. And they have a nice wooden box.. But other than that, is there a big difference in them versus a Taigen? Or is it the same tank for the most part? I'm curious about them..
It's seems about the same as Taigen. Nice crate for it. I'm going to varnish mine.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:13 AM
gp100

Originally Posted by Maccrage
It's seems about the same as Taigen. Nice crate for it. I'm going to varnish mine.
Yeah, I've been looking for a good carry case for my Tiger 1.. But have heard that the Torro wood crate isn't very strong.. Dunno.. I wanted a metal case to carry it in, but wasn't sure what to look at.. Was looking at some cases for a 450 class helicopter, but again, not entirely sure if the tank would fit.. But that seems to be all I can find right now..

But open to suggestions..
Old 03-14-2018, 04:49 AM
nukl_h34d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Mato is the only all metal tank. Good taigens have metal chasiss and turret with a plastic hull, i reslly wish they had plastic turrets as you can mold better detail with a platic turret and get rid of wasted weight up high on the tank. The all plastic taigens are the old ones that are more or less copies of henglongs. The mato metal tanks imho are just too much weight. But its all abotu what your like.
The radios systems that come in henglongs and taigens are toy radios. They are not professional grade by any standard. They are fine if you just want to shoot bbs in the back yard and drive around. Just dont keep dropping them and fill them with sand like my toddler did with his lol. If you want an infra red battle tank, you need to build it yourself with a good system and radio.
Thanks for your input.!
Old 03-14-2018, 05:07 AM
nukl_h34d

Originally Posted by gp100
Hi Nukl,

Hmm.. Honestly, I can't give you a good opinion on a good starter tank.. It varies.. I found that this hobby is not a one size fits all kinda thing.. In my first foray into the hobby, I went with a full metal Tiger 1 with upgrades.. Then wound up having to put $300 into it to get what it should have been to start with.. Now, it's perfect.. But not everybody starts out like that.. Some people love the Sherman tank offerings, while some of us like the Tiger 1.. I guess I like the tiger 1 because everybody and anybody makes that version of tank that I have seen.. Seems highly popular to get aftermarket parts for just about anything you would like to do with it.. It's kinda hard to go wrong with a Tiger 1.. In my case, I went with something "ready to run" that was already painted.. Only because of a disability which precludes my ability to actually build a model and paint it.. I have only one arm and hand.. So for me, it would have been a non-starter.. For someone like you, the skies the limit.. You could build and detail the tank the way you want it.. A true custom build to suit your desires..

I do know that Tamiya is considered the gold standard in many ways.. And many years ago, I had Tamiya race cars that were superb.. Ran like a Swiss watch.. In today's market when it comes to tanks, we have many "Johnny come lately's" with offerings that are nicely detailed in their own right.. And of course, they all have their own pro's and cons.. I've heard the Tamiya's come with great electronics, yet can come with less than stellar details on a few things.. Such as a piece of rope for a tow chain.. But have no first hand knowledge of this myself.. I have no Tamiya tanks.. So I'll leave that to more experienced folks on here than myself..

Heng Long is a cheaper version of tank that can be upgraded in many respects to be a very nice tank from what I've seen.. And there are those here that have done one hell of a job with them on the detail and electronics.. Truly magnificent work.. Then you have Taigen.. Who is billed as being "all metal" but is not the truth.. Yes, there is a lot of metal in it.. But by no means is it "All" metal.. And from a certain standpoint, I can understand this from an engineering standpoint..

Taigen is a very nicely detailed tank in it's own right.. The fit and finish in my opinion is top rated.. From a cosmetic standpoint, it is truly an amazing piece of work.. I do love the high detail and quality of those details on my Taigen Tiger 1.. It has great road wheels and a good set of tracks to it.. The issue I had with it, was the electronics package that I felt could use some serious work.. I found numerous issues I won't go into here.. But, after replacing all the guts with aftermarket electronics, the tank is top notch.. Honestly, the tank I bought, should come with this electronics package installed already.. However, I'm sure due to money, is the reason they don't..

Also, it highly depends on the budget your working with Sir.. If you have the money, anything can be done for the right price..

Taigen is a good tank, so long as you know what your getting into right up front.. If you go with a metal version of the tiger 1, you'll be okay.. So long as you replace the electronics with something a bit better.. You have Clark, El-Mod, and of course the IBU setup.. Any of these are far superior in quality than "most" factory systems..

Again, you must remember that the factory set up is designed to get you going only in most cases.. I have found that most companies ask for good components, but a factory may run out of something, and substitute a slightly "off spec" part to compensate.. This happens more than most people realize.. And of course, the company doesn't realize this in most cases.. So you can't really blame them for it..

I found the IBU system to be a great system with first rate electronics.. No cheap stuff on the board.. There were places they could have gone cheap, but didn't.. So there's that.. And I think it would be an excellent addition to damn near any tank you buy.. You also have the Clark T60, which again, is a nice offering in it's own right..

If it was my money, I would go with a nice Tiger 1 from Taigen or Tamiya.. Stick an IBU-2 Pro in it with a good Flysky i6 radio in it, and you should be good to go..

Taigen is a good tank from an engineering standpoint.. It's just the electronics I have an issue with.. However, please understand I'm a perfectionist in the extreme..

I'm coming from 3 degrees in the computer sciences and electronics from MIT.. I worked as a Hollywood actor and stunt man for 25 years to work my way through college.. So I take my education very seriously.. I'm honest about my criticism, but also on my praises.. I'm a guy who gets off on talking "string theory" and Quantum Physics" with others in my field.. So tanks are not my native language.. But I'm learning fast.. :P

Now that I've expounded on my opinion more than you needed.. And probably bored you to tears, I'll let you get some opinion's from others here that have been in the hobby far longer than I..

Whatever you decide, research before you dive in.. You'll find various opinions all over the boards.. Take what you learn, and apply it to your purchase, and you'll be a happier person for it in the end with whatever you decide..

But above all else, enjoy the hobby.. That's what it's all about ultimately..

We now return you to your regularly scheduled commercial break.
Good stuff Crius. I have had my finger on the "buy!!!!" button for a few days before this post. Imex is advertising mid-Tiger metal upgrade tank with upgrade electronics. But in their kit section they're offering a stripped down version less gears, electronics, etc. I wouldn't get the out of the box thrill of playing tanks, but could over time create exactly what I'm want.
Again, thanks for your input.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:55 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

The Phoenix Model company is not just Taigen, that's Imex on Amazon. I'm going to look into this and give them a call, because I'm sure if it says all metal that's something Erik will want to change. Erik has an excellent reputation here for his honesty and integrity so I'm sure that's something he'll want to correct.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:03 AM
Crius

okay, I checked out Amazon and while it does say metal upgrade version I couldn't find any place that said "all metal". That might sound like splitting hairs but I think it's important. As you said, an all metal tank should be all metal and if they're actually claiming all metal then it would need to be corrected. However, I didn't see anything on any of the Amazon sites that said all metal, just upgraded metal version.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:19 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

We are still selling parts on Amazon but no tanks directly go through us on Amazon anymore. It will be third party and double shipped to them first, then you. Unfortunately due to Amazon's treatment to sellers a lot of people are pulling off Amazon, especially electronics sellers. We have pulled all our tanks for now and some other items as well until it is sorted. I personally don't see a return to that platform anytime soon, but hopefully I'm wrong and an exception is made for the toy category. Amazon is a great platform for buyers, but treats its sellers like poo
If you want you can message the seller on Amazon to give you their info so you can verify it with me if you wish, just tell that store you want to verify they are a legit dealer and they will provide some info for me to check for you. However just remember we have yet to make an all metal tank, sometimes they do not copy the descriptions right or get a bit too creative when writing them. You can either refer to our page for the latest info or you can message me too, I'm finally caught up on stuff and back to the less than 24hr response I like to keep up.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:28 AM
TheBennyB

Originally Posted by nukl_h34d
Yeah, I'm hearing you qp100. So far I've received some helpful info that corroborates what I've learned on my own. I understand that 'all metal' doesn't mean 100% all metal. And yes, electronics are not all created equal...... As with anything you purchase you have to do your homework.
Thanks for your input, as well as BennyB & servoblast.
I would like to hear your opinion on a good starter tank.
If your planning on IR battling I'd go with a Tamiya Sherman or Tiger. If your planning on not battling and running in the yard or park I'd go Taigen. Mainly this is due to electronics. Tamiya's are pretty bullet proof and easy to set up. Yes, lots of people have had great success with the aftermarket boards but for a new person they could be intimidating to set up and trouble shoot if need be. Just my opinion.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Shorty54

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
If your planning on IR battling I'd go with a Tamiya Sherman or Tiger. If your planning on not battling and running in the yard or park I'd go Taigen. Mainly this is due to electronics. Tamiya's are pretty bullet proof and easy to set up. Yes, lots of people have had great success with the aftermarket boards but for a new person they could be intimidating to set up and trouble shoot if need be. Just my opinion.
I was not going to comment on this thread, until this last post. I agree with Brett, Tamiya Sherman or Tiger.
I started the other way, HL and Taigen, they are gone now and replaced with Tamiya. 2 were bought second hand and am now building a new one, first time.
Yes the electronics may be basic, in todays standards, but they work the first time. I know they can fail and do, flash issues seem more common now for some reason.
The wiring is nicer too. You can always put the new electronics in a tamiya and sell off the stock, if you want. You will get money for them. Try selling off a Taigen or HL or
even Clark. You may as well just throw them in the recycling bin. No one wants them. Really all the new electronics have now is more sound options, lighting, smoker control,
and a few more bells an whistles that make you buy a high tech radio with lots of switches. They are cool, I am not saying they are not, but for a new guy, I would say, keep it simple yet solid. The next tank or 2 or 5 you buy, once you get the fever you can add all the bells and whistles. But you can always go back to that one good solid built dependable tank when you get frustrated with the new builds. You could build the Taigen Tiger kit tank, I would get a plastic turret for it, the better gear boxes 4:1, and the better road wheels, then a Clark elevation recoil unit (only for IR) and then your choice of a hobby grade electronics package. I am still new to this tank stuff and this is just what I learned. I should have listen to a few guys in the beginning. I still have less in my 3 Tamiyas than I did in my 3 Taigens, that were hit n miss anytime I used them. Just my opinion.

If you are going Airsoft, then all this probably doesn't concern you.

Again, do what 'YOU" want, its your hobby, and have fun with it.

Shad
Old 03-14-2018, 02:46 PM
gp100

okay, I checked out Amazon and while it does say metal upgrade version I couldn't find any place that said "all metal". That might sound like splitting hairs but I think it's important. As you said, an all metal tank should be all metal and if they're actually claiming all metal then it would need to be corrected. However, I didn't see anything on any of the Amazon sites that said all metal, just upgraded metal version.
Yep,

I just looked again last night.. And it has been changed on a few of them.. I honestly don't think it was Imex/Taigen that posted that though.. Might have been Amazon or another seller that did the listing initially? I have seen many misprints for a lot of stuff on Amazon at times.. Like a watch that is a wind up, with a battery included? Wind up watches need no battery....... So, I highly suspect it might have been a different seller or Amazon who proofed the listing..

So, yes, I agree with you..

Like Erik just posted, they do NOT make a 100% all metal tank.. And it should not be described as such..

As Erik just stated, and I quote,
sometimes they do not copy the descriptions right or get a bit too creative when writing them.
I agree fully with Erik.. I'm sure this was NOT done by Imex/Taigen.. But by another seller or Amazon probably?

There were 4 sellers of that tank on that day when I bought mine.. I went through the list of sellers and chose the cheapest one.. That was "The Phoenix Model Company." There was another seller on there selling the same exact tank for $699... So I went with the cheaper seller.. So I have no doubt that things get fudged for creative selling..

Last edited by gp100; 03-14-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:02 PM
gp100

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
If you want you can message the seller on Amazon to give you their info so you can verify it with me if you wish, just tell that store you want to verify they are a legit dealer and they will provide some info for me to check for you. However just remember we have yet to make an all metal tank, sometimes they do not copy the descriptions right or get a bit too creative when writing them. You can either refer to our page for the latest info or you can message me too, I'm finally caught up on stuff and back to the less than 24hr response I like to keep up.
VERY good advice here. Yes, there are sellers that are not legit.. And I found a few on Amazon while dealing with buying a tank.. And they have no warranty or anything.. You are on your own here if anything goes wrong.. I now have decided to buy ONLY from the Taigen website when I buy parts.. And have done so several times recently.. Gearboxes, motors, extra parts, things like that..

I no longer purchase through "3rd party sellers".. Just not a good idea at all.. I suggest buying the tank "directly" through Taigen.. At least you know you are getting the real deal..

Last edited by gp100; 03-14-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:16 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

In the UK there are authorised Taigen Dealers who are straight shooters such as Dave at
www.forgebeartanks.com
And Steve at
www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk
I have bought single upgrades and complete Tanks and Halftracks from these two dealers and I have never felt overcharged or in anyway duped while using there services
Shaun.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:28 PM
gp100

Originally Posted by nukl_h34d
Good stuff Crius. I have had my finger on the "buy!!!!" button for a few days before this post. Imex is advertising mid-Tiger metal upgrade tank with upgrade electronics. But in their kit section they're offering a stripped down version less gears, electronics, etc. I wouldn't get the out of the box thrill of playing tanks, but could over time create exactly what I'm want.
Again, thanks for your input.
Actually it was me that posted that.. And you are very welcome.. I do apologize for the long winded response though.. But I like to be fairly thorough in my replies..

By the way.. The kit version "might" not come painted I think.. Hence why I didn't buy it at the time.. I couldn't do it with my disability..

At least, that was what I was told by a seller on Amazon at the time.. That they were unpainted.. However, Erik could tell you for sure..

I would have loved to buy the whole tank, minus the electronics.. Fully painted and assembled with gearboxes ready to go, just no motherboard in it.. I'll admit, if I could buy the Sherman like that, I might consider it.. Then I would put an IBU2-Pro in it and be set to go..

Have a great day Sir..

Last edited by gp100; 03-14-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:19 AM
Bulldogger
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe I am the only one but so far I have not found the Taigen electronics to be that bad. I am not running IR just airsoft, and they seem pretty good. My tank has the older V1 system and no issues so far. For the guys that had issues what were they?? I know one person had the smoker keep running, but what other issues have people come across?
Old 03-15-2018, 04:37 AM
Crius

I agree that the stock electronics are fine for most Airsoft Tanks, especially since they came out with the new V2 system, and I have a couple of Airsoft Tanks that are still on stock Electronics. What most guys complained about with the V1, myself included, was that they all had the same soundtrack and they didn't have proportional turret rotation. Personally, I've always thought that the motor controllers in the stock Taigen electronics are better than what's on the Clark board.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:10 AM
Shorty54

I agree that the stock electronics are fine for most Airsoft Tanks, especially since they came out with the new V2 system, and I have a couple of Airsoft Tanks that are still on stock Electronics. What most guys complained about with the V1, myself included, was that they all had the same soundtrack and they didn't have proportional turret rotation. Personally, I've always thought that the motor controllers in the stock Taigen electronics are better than what's on the Clark board.

I agree Gary, I think the motor controllers even in the RX18 were better than the TK22s.

Shad