Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Abrams drive axle support.

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Abrams drive axle support.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Fsttanks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Heng Long Abrams drive axle support.

While servicing on my T-90 last week and finally having a chance to install a set of factory Heng Long T-90 drive axle support bearing I ordered, I notice something. Their diameter looked similar to the hull opening on my Heng Long Abrams. So being intrigued I pulled out my stripped HL Abrams hull and to my surprise the T-90 drive axel support fit like a glove!

I installed an extra set in one of my Abrams and it has been working GREAT! Fit is super clean and blends in like it belongs there. Considering these are less than $16U.S. delivered for a set it is a cheap and highly effective improvement part.

Here is a photo of the Heng Long T-90 drive axel support bearing set and what it looks like install in an HL Abrams hull. Your constructive comments, input and question are welcome.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 04-30-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:12 PM
RichJohnson

Received 129 Likes on 88 Posts

Cool, I was thinking it needed something there. Where did you get them?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Fsttanks

Originally Posted by RichJohnson View Post
Cool, I was thinking it needed something there. Where did you get them?
I ordered them through Aliexpress.com. It is kind of like Chinese version of Amazon.

Search: Heng Long T-90 parts or Heng Long T-90 tank parts.

I have ordered a lot of accessory parts through their site and have never had an issue. It does take two weeks or so to get the parts delivered but one can just about find every part for HL tanks. The small parts are cheap, itís the shipping that can add up so I usually buy a fair number of parts when I order to make it worth the cost and time.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Desertrat99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, went looking for them and did not find them on that site?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Fsttanks

Originally Posted by Desertrat99 View Post
Ok, went looking for them and did not find them on that site?
I just check they are there here is the listing.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:59 AM
RichJohnson

Well a google search brought up ebay with much more complicated and expensive ones than yours but nothing simple on the net.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:00 AM
RichJohnson

Does the sprocket still fit on all the way with those?
Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Fsttanks

Well a google search brought up ebay with much more complicated and expensive ones than yours but nothing simple on the net.
See post above it is right from Aliexpress.com as of 9:56 am PST 05/01/18

Last edited by Fsttanks; 05-01-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Fsttanks

Does the sprocket still fit on all the way with those?
Yes.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Fsttanks

Here is a photo of the support installed and what it looks like under the sprocket. Followed by a sprocket without the support. Keep in mind these do still need to be glued/epoxied in place. HL recommend CA glue but my past experience has taught me to use epoxy.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 05-01-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Fsttanks

Here is another showing the support has more than enough room inside the sprocket.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:48 PM
DeEmEn1234

Originally Posted by Fsttanks View Post

Here is another showing the support has more than enough room inside the sprocket.

Can I ask what did you do to pop the old one out? Did you drill it to the size or what tool do you use? =]
Old 07-01-2021, 09:51 AM
DeEmEn1234

Figured it out. You technically have to destroy your old one to get this new one in. I could've just buy the god damn bearing and put it in the current fitting. Stupid me.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:03 AM
Fsttanks

Originally Posted by DeEmEn1234 View Post
Figured it out. You technically have to destroy your old one to get this new one in. I could've just buy the god damn bearing and put it in the current fitting. Stupid me.
NO that is incorrect. The old 5.3 tanks did not come with any supports like the new 6.0+ tanks do. All that was there prior was a large whole.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:11 PM
DeEmEn1234

NO that is incorrect. The old 5.3 tanks did not come with any supports like the new 6.0+ tanks do. All that was there prior was a large whole.
The newer tanks v6.0+ comes with the same axle support but without the bearing (in your picture, exact same size and fitting but without bearing). I bought one of these. The old fitting was completely glued on. SUPER hard to get it off. I forgot the fact that I can just pull the bearing out and install it on the existing fitting =.=
Old 07-01-2021, 02:55 PM
Fsttanks

This thread was started before HL made an axle support for the Abrams. The use of the T90 support was the only off the shelf HL option at the time.

They new factory axle support mount is a plus. Yes it only needs the bearing. Sorry you had to take the long way around but you learned a lot in the process so it’s still a win win.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 07-01-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:57 AM
DeEmEn1234

This thread was started before HL made an axle support for the Abrams. The use of the T90 support was the only off the shelf HL option at the time.

They new factory axle support mount is a plus. Yes it only needs the bearing. Sorry you had to take the long way around but you learned a lot in the process so itís still a win win.
yeah, I got the brace from rc legion, as soon as this plastic chassis is broken I will move on to metal chassis.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:31 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a new mold for the HL Abrams which now has mounts for the dual speaker mount (not sure if they make the dual speaker yet but the box indicates that will be a future option, and different placement of the switches. I was checking it out when I was looking at the latest batch of 7.0 Abrams we got from HL last week. If you guys want I can get the latest pictures of the lower and see if we are all up to date.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Fsttanks

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik View Post
There is a new mold for the HL Abrams which now has mounts for the dual speaker mount (not sure if they make the dual speaker yet but the box indicates that will be a future option, and different placement of the switches. I was checking it out when I was looking at the latest batch of 7.0 Abrams we got from HL last week. If you guys want I can get the latest pictures of the lower and see if we are all up to date.
Great to hear you guys will be carrying the HL Abrams again.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:31 AM
sclui

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Erik,
Believe they started using the newer mold with the tail end of the 6.x. Mine was built in 2020 and has the mount for the rectangular speaker box, switch is under rear hatch behind turret, and the support is built-in to accept just the bearings.

Speaking of the Abrams, not sure about other people, but the original decal barely stuck on, then I got another "new" one, same thing, the adhesive barely stuck on to the body.

Last edited by sclui; 07-06-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:53 PM
DeEmEn1234

Originally Posted by sclui View Post
Erik,
Believe they started using the newer mold with the tail end of the 6.x. Mine was built in 2020 and has the mount for the rectangular speaker box, switch is under rear hatch behind turret, and the support is built-in to accept just the bearings.

Speaking of the Abrams, not sure about other people, but the original decal barely stuck on, then I got another "new" one, same thing, the adhesive barely stuck on to the body.
It was so late for me to realize the damn bearing can come off from the new one, I could've just put the bearing in and call it done. But I thought the whole fitting need to get in there... god damn... I learned something these days.

Yes, the decal barely stick on... I am on the same boat with you.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:28 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Great to hear you guys will be carrying the HL Abrams again.
Just a bit at a time, HL has a heck of a time selling anything correctly these days. As long as we don't see any huge issues (we have had a few with HL before) then we should keep bringing some in, just never a bunch at a time due to the QC with them. The new modern tanks are a TON better than the older tanks for sure. If you guys see something new come out you want just lmk, I can't promise I can get it but I will be happy to try!
Originally Posted by sclui View Post
Erik,

I believe you are correct, I remember the new mold showing up around the 6.0 time too. I've included a few of the latest ones we got with the 7.0 electronics. It seems the same as before, however I think the speaker molding may be new or I missed it last time I was checking. The smoker still has a separate heating element and fan like the older ones and the switch panel is the same too. However the gearboxes are now covered similar to the TG ones but they cannot be removed easily like ours do. Other than that the tank seems to be the same except for the electronics revision up to 7.0. This one only comes with 2 sound sets compared to the 6.x versions but they are getting pretty good. The quick way to differentiate between 6.x and 7.x so far I've found is to check the volume. If you can just press the volume button and it cycles like it always has then you have a 6.x or below board. If nothing happens when you press that volume button and instead you have to press the volume button and left stick up/down to adjust volume then you are on the 7.0 system. I'm sure there are a few other commands, just a quick and easy way for us on the internet to figure out what version they have. There is also a few commands you can do between the 6.0 and 6.0S to see which one you have there too, just can't remember off the top of my head.
Hopefully these images help those looking!

Old 07-07-2021, 01:46 PM
tankme

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

I like that they hid the on/off switch under a panel now.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:12 PM
sclui

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme View Post
I like that they hid the on/off switch under a panel now.
Except I have to remind myself to face the turret backward on shutdown. To be honest, other than the few quirks in using a hobby grade Tx with the Taigen, I much prefer my Taigens samples for the sturdiness and easy of access (knowing I can do magnets on the HL, but I also would have to stiffen the hull). The upper deck of Abrahms feels flimsier to me than the Plastic Taigen Leo 2 upper deck, not considering the turret.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:13 PM
tankme

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Yeah, they could've put it under a better access panel IMO for that reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.