Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

PacNW RC tankers: NORDPAC

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

PacNW RC tankers: NORDPAC

Old 10-07-2018, 12:16 PM
StuN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PacNW RC tankers: NORDPAC

I’ve been off this forum for quite a while but wanted to remind RC tankers in the PacNW about NORDPAC, a RC tank club established in 2005, that I’m XO (vice-pres) of. I just posted an extensive description of our club and contact info in reply to a young RC tanker on page 14 of the ‘RC tank clubs’ thread.

The most exciting news for our club is that we have reached an agreement with the director of the Ft Lewis Museum in WA to provide a permanent battlefield and storage areas for us, as well as including NORDPAC in their museum events. We are looking forward to establishing an identical relationship with the Oregon Military Museum at Camp Withycombe in Clackamas, OR. These arrangements will provide our club with permanent battlefield sites in two different states that will be accessible to members commencing with the 2019 battle season, and those are in addition to the more than one dozen 1-3 day long battle events annually scheduled by NORDPAC in WA and OR.

If you are a RC tanker in the PacNW please read the reply I posted, check out our FB and Yahoo groups pages, and consider joining.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out
Old 10-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely interested. I'm in Milwaukie, OR.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:42 PM
StuN

Check out my reply in ‘RC tanks club’ thread. We have OR members in N Portland, Banks, Corvallis, Hermiston. Our club S3 (operations officer) just retired but still lives in Estacada. Our battle season events in OR include Living History Day at Camp Withycombe in Clackamas, the Oregon Miniature Aircraft Squadron Air Show in Banks, the B17 foundation fly in at Salem Airport, and the Albany Air Show. We also hold battle days at the VA Hospital Museum in Vancouver and have done exhibits for local hobby shops.

Have a look at our FB and Yahoo groups pages, consider joining.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out
Old 10-07-2018, 04:42 PM
RC_BobM

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Stu,
I'm here "representing" Seattle. LOL. That's good news about the Ft. Lewis museum!
Bob M
Old 12-07-2022, 11:20 PM
nortran11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been awhile since I have heard anything about this club.....is it still active? I run a hobby shop north of Seattle and have sold quite a few Heng Long tanks in the last few months (I might have bought a few as well)....would love to have a club to support and refer to tank owners to.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:07 AM
StuN

Yes we are still active after a long dormancy due to venue shutdowns because of Covid. This past year we were able to do 1 battle days event at the Ft Lewis Army Museum (Aug) and a WA member held a independent event (Jun), and 3 others in OR (Jul and Aug). Our annual battle days season had been May-Oct. Next year we’re planning on 2 club events in WA one at the Ft Lewis Museum and the other at McChord airfield, as well as at least 3 in OR including the state fair. The posts about battle days, posts and pics by members can be found on the club web site at nordpac.groups.io

nortran11: as a hobby shop owner, if you’d like to try putting on a battle day in your area please email or PM me, or join the club web site and post that.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out

Last edited by StuN; 12-08-2022 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:41 AM
RichJohnson

Received 262 Likes on 171 Posts

As a hobby shop owner you should set up a battle in your parking lot. It will help you sell tanks. You should do what you can to get your costumers involved and motivate them to organize and have events.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:49 PM
nortran11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StuN View Post
Yes we are still active after a long dormancy due to venue shutdowns because of Covid. This past year we were able to do 1 battle days event at the Ft Lewis Army Museum (Aug) and a WA member held a independent event (Jun), and 3 others in OR (Jul and Aug). Our annual battle days season had been May-Oct. Next year were planning on 2 club events in WA one at the Ft Lewis Museum and the other at McChord airfield, as well as at least 3 in OR including the state fair. The posts about battle days, posts and pics by members can be found on the club web site at nordpac.groups.io

nortran11: as a hobby shop owner, if youd like to try putting on a battle day in your area please email or PM me, or join the club web site and post that.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out
Just sent a join request on the club site. I don't think we could do something in the parking lot as it is a common lot for the other businesses in the strip mall and the property manager's price for hosting events in the lot is very very expensive. Off site would definitely be an option for an event though.....we've hosted off site crawler events before.
The following users liked this post:
StuN (12-09-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 10:21 AM
RichJohnson

Received 262 Likes on 171 Posts

Ive been a property manager of strip malls. If he is charging a large fee he is a jerk. He should be looking to help his tenants be successful. Keeping tenants in the black makes the rent keep coming in. When I was a PM we collaborated on all kinds of events and schemes to bring more customers into the center for various tenants. My 2c