Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Open Panzer Boards on sale

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Open Panzer Boards on sale

Old 11-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Spitvalve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Panzer Boards on sale

Hobbyking has the Open Panzer Boards on sale for $35. They can't be making much on them at that price.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rc-tank-...asc=2852197254

Anybody care to share their experiences with them? I plan on using mine in an old Mato Sherman I'm converting to an M4A1 Grizzly.

Mike.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Isn't that the price they've been at? That's what I paid for them months back...

Jerry
Old 11-21-2018, 04:20 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
Isn't that the price they've been at? That's what I paid for them months back...

Jerry
No theyre £44 normally
Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Spitvalve

Normally around $58USD since I've been looking. Maybe they were on sale for a bit a few months ago as well?

Mike.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:25 AM
Shorty54

I bought a couple a few months back when they were on sale for $35.
So far, they work good. A lot more discussion on the Open Panzer site.

Open Panzer

Enjoy,
Shad
Old 11-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My favorite board
Old 11-26-2018, 10:35 PM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

Im still put off by having to cofigure a seperate esc and sound board to it. That adds up space fast and has got to be a pain to learn so much more to make your own sounds with whatever chip you get and the costs add up. Im sticking with IBU old base models as long as i can till they arent available any more. I womt be buying any more ultimates unless they add firmware code to get rid of the inirtia lag.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:06 PM
RC_BobM

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Rich,
Gary (Crius) mentioned that too. What is "Inertia lag" with the IBU2U? The gun fires and recoils then the tank moves backward? That function can be disabled I believe if you don't like it?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 11-27-2018, 05:22 PM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

No that acrion you describe is what is called track recoil. That can be set by speed amd length of time.

The older IBU2 had the option to turn on inirtia. You set a value and a brake rate. Push the stick all the way forward and the tank slowly begins to move and speed up. To stop you let go and it slowly returns to stop. If you want to brake pull backward on the stick and the tank stops quick.

the IBU2 Ultimate, their new version, has similar parameters showing values and ability to turn it off, however it will not turn off. I tried and tried and tried nd finally went to the MFR in Italy. He said there is a minimum inirtia built in. I told him that does not work for someone that intends to IR battle the tank because you need quick reaction and agility to battle or you will het squirly and collide with obsticals and other tanks. He and others think Im crazy but after trying to drive my m60 with the ultimate i removed it angirly and purchased an older IBU2 as in my other 10 tanks. They occasionally have refurbished older ones but not often as they are out of production.
The MFR said he would write new firmware code to eliminate the basic level inirtia months ago but I have not heard back on it from my inquiries.
Also, I am not alone, a couple of our So Cal tankers got ultimates and have alot of trouble driving them. Especially when tight manuvering like our obstical course.
I wont buy any more ultimates unless the new firmware is written. I may have to switch to cark boards and have my friend program them. It reallr bums me out becasue I feel the IBU product is a very good very versatile and flexible board except for the new inirtia issue.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_BobM
Hi Rich,
Gary (Crius) mentioned that too. What is "Inertia lag" with the IBU2U? The gun fires and recoils then the tank moves backward? That function can be disabled I believe if you don't like it?

Thanks,
Bob
Give the tank throttle, and it takes a bit to get up to speed, let off the throttle, and the tank slows to a stop, instead of stopping and starting immediately.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:37 PM
RC_BobM

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Rich/Maccrage
Thanks for the explanations. I get it now.

Rich would you have an IBU2U you are not using or don't want? I'd like to try it in my big scale Sherman. The inertia may not be an issue for me cuz I don't intend on battling another tank with IR. I like the features of the IBU as well.

I'd even try the Open Panzer board but I agree I don't care for having to have a separate sound card and ESC. That pretty much defeats the whole purpose for me - I have good motor controller with the Sabertooth. But the IBU2U will provide 20A max to the track motors, control the turret rotation, elevation, recoil AND have sounds and MG flash etc - so I could use it soley without the Sabertooth.

Best regards, Bob