Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New tamiya rc m551 sheridan

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New tamiya rc m551 sheridan

Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm curious if this new format DMD, or rather the new technology approach will be retrofitted to current kits as they continue to be produced;
will existing DMD units be upgraded or perhaps even be replaced by a single, programmable, parameter driven, application - or user configurable
version. I'm not up on all the latest kits from Tamiya but isn't this the first to have an LCD screen and apparent direct user interface? I may
well be wrong on that last point.

Jerry
Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 PM
cleong

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ksoc
A close look at the DMD shows the words on the 5th line down (with the black triangle)

ēBATTLE SYSTEM RESET
SETTING MENU
HIGH POINT
Nice catch. That would make everyone happy.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:30 AM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cleong
Well Tamiya USA has received their production unit of the M551; those gearbox plates are pretty burly and the DMD screen just confirms settings. Still no clear indication of battle unit compatibility though.

nice. Canít wait.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:30 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Imagine how many Tamiya Sheridans you could buy versus this: (which is VERY nice)

https://www.cg-modellbau.de/epages/6.../M551_Sheridan

Old 06-09-2019, 07:28 AM
RichJohnson

Received 364 Likes on 231 Posts

Tamiya USA had a operating demo model up until last month. They were supposed to bring it out to the RC Proline by the fire truck rally in Apple Valley on may18 where the SoCal tank clubs were asked to do battle demos. We were expecting to see it there on display and demmoed but the word was it was called back to Japan just days before the rally. We were all bummed by it. I think it was an intentional ploy since Tamiya had a booth there and knew everyone wanted to see it and they didnt want more info on it exposed yet. Keep the hype going and people drooling kinda thing. Im curious as the rest of yall to see how it comes out even though at this time I dont have any interest in buying one. I have too many shermans lined up to build and a couple other "wonder" projects to try and make work.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:47 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry Rich. I've already got one on order. Now I will HAVE to come to a battle just to show it off
Old 06-16-2019, 08:09 PM
tch2000

Any new updates
Old 06-19-2019, 06:44 AM
pitstain

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

So I finally got one of the new Fine-spec radios and installed it on my Type 10 tank and it works just as well as the 4YWD, I have yet to program the function buttons but once done it will make operating the tank much more fun, and in the event of IR battle this remote will certainly give an advantage over someone flipping their trims all over during a fight.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:48 PM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pitstain
So I finally got one of the new Fine-spec radios and installed it on my Type 10 tank and it works just as well as the 4YWD, I have yet to program the function buttons but once done it will make operating the tank much more fun, and in the event of IR battle this remote will certainly give an advantage over someone flipping their trims all over during a fight.
If you're having to flip trims all over in a fight you're doing something very wrong!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:38 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
if you're having to flip trims all over in a fight you're doing something very wrong!

+102312301741246123463534734215423173284521803
Old 06-21-2019, 08:58 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Not really!

If you're having to flip trims all over in a fight you're doing something very wrong!
...using either the unmodified (no firing button added) Futaba Skysport 2.4 or the Tamiya 2.4 labeled rc tank system Futaba clone, the trim tab setting for main gun firing will occasionally fade off and have to be reset in the heat of battle.

The later Tamiya kits, the Abrams and Type 10, plus the much earlier Leopard 2 kit, use nightmare stick and trim tab combinations to access a boat load of features irrelevant to IR battling, but fun to use. Impossible to remember commands without using a cheat sheet, the Tamiya solution has almost sunk to the unhappy Clark level of rc tank features operation.

The newest Tamiya rc radio addresses those current Tamiya rc tank operation issues and you both would know that if you boys where actually users and or really familiar with the Tamiya systems. Clearly your both just malcontents with nothing to offer.

Bye bye, John
Old 06-21-2019, 10:12 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2

...using either the unmodified (no firing button added) Futaba Skysport 2.4 or the Tamiya 2.4 labeled rc tank system Futaba clone, the trim tab setting for main gun firing will occasionally fade off and have to be reset in the heat of battle.

The later Tamiya kits, the Abrams and Type 10, plus the much earlier Leopard 2 kit, use nightmare stick and trim tab combinations to access a boat load of features irrelevant to IR battling, but fun to use. Impossible to remember commands without using a cheat sheet, the Tamiya solution has almost sunk to the unhappy Clark level of rc tank features operation.

The newest Tamiya rc radio addresses those current Tamiya rc tank operation issues and you both would know that if you boys where actually users and or really familiar with the Tamiya systems. Clearly your both just malcontents with nothing to offer.

Bye bye, John
What I mean, and I guess Tom means too, is even when using the Futaba Skysport radio with no extra buttons added or any mods added, it is possible to fire the main gun and machine gun just with the sticks, not touching the trims at all. Our friend (like a lot of people) maybe does not know it. He just needs to calibrate the DMD-MFU to a lets say a 60% or so, so when moving the stick to the end, the tank will shoot. As I said no need to modify the radio at all. I did it for a year or so and never, ever had to reset anything.

Using trims or ninja stick combinations is a pain, no matter if it is Tamiya or Clark or other brand... I dont event like to use the stick for shooting the cannon, so there is where the decent programable radios are enjoyable, so you can assign any switch to any function (among zillions of options more), and that is what I am discussing with you for long time. Anyway there is almost nothing to remember when using stock tamiya electronics, but hey... Hopefully the sheridan will bring something new.

That newest tamiya radio does a very small part of what tons of other radios were doing 10 years ago, and that includes having only a shamefull amount of 4 channels for 5X the price, but that is another story that can be debated in another thread..

About malcontents, well, I think is not worth to answer that. But I wonder why are you always so agressive with everybody.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:16 AM
tomhugill

Bye bye, John
im impressed John, you managed 17 lines of text without stopping to personal insults, only to fall at the last hurdle, maybe next time eh.

if full left, and all corners are too much for you to remember maybe this is the wrong hobby for you

In all seriousness you can calibrate the dmd to give you all the functions without moving the trims quite easily. I can show you with easy to understand pictures if youíd like....

Old 06-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Pcomm1.v2

im impressed John, you managed 17 lines of text without stopping to personal insults, only to fall at the last hurdle, maybe next time eh.

if full left, and all corners are too much for you to remember maybe this is the wrong hobby for you

In all seriousness you can calibrate the dmd to give you all the functions without moving the trims quite easily. I can show you with easy to understand pictures if youíd like....

Idle words, prove it and what Tamiya hull and turret operation unit function(s) do you refer to...LOL. The new kit electronics have changed and are no longer termed DMD/MFU. The setup is different pal. No thank you on your offer. Your behind the Tamiya rc tank kit times, seriously.

Dude, I have successfully built all the Tamiya rc tank DMD/MFU kits, from new in the box, except the KV2 and doubt seriously you can instruct any modelers on anything.

Anyway, truth is truth and you people are what you are, malcontents. Look up the word, it certainly fits, LOL. Further, all my WWII builds and Leo 1/Gepards were sold on for top dollar, a very enjoyable hobby over the last decade plus and a nice hobby model marketing accomplishment too!
Old 06-21-2019, 11:54 AM
tomhugill

Idle words, prove it and what Tamiya hull and turret operation unit function(s) do you refer to...LOL. The new kit electronics have changed and are no longer termed DMD/MFU. The setup is different pal. No thank you on your offer. Your behind the Tamiya rc tank kit times, seriously.

Dude, I have successfully built all the Tamiya rc tank DMD/MFU kits, from new in the box, except the KV2 and doubt seriously you can instruct any modelers on anything.

Anyway, truth is truth and you people are what you are, malcontents. Look up the word, it certainly fits, LOL. Further, all my WWII builds and Leo 1/Gepards were sold on for top dollar, a very enjoyable hobby over the last decade plus and a nice hobby model marketing accomplishment too!
Given youíve built all of them Iím surprised you donít know to do this. Iíve also done the same with the Leo2.

Doesnt matter if itís the Sherman with its lights on an off, the Leo 2 with its engine on/off, lighting mode switch, auto level on and off etc etc or the Abrams. The principal still stands. Functions are activated at 125% travel. If you calibrate you need the trims to tale
the end points to 125%. If you calibrate the end points to 75%, then the normal 100% stick movement is enough to activate it. Give it a try.

People do seem to pay top dollar for Daryl turners excellent engineering, if theyíd been well painted you might have gotten even more
Old 06-21-2019, 01:22 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Default Seen your second hand recycled rc models, LOL.

Yes, one can always improve ones rendering skills, how about you, UK malcontent?

Seems you have decades of modeling work ahead of you! Best of luck...

Enjoy my non collaboration builds and Daryl B. Turner owns and fights my Tamiya Pz 4J and you don’t jealous malcontent.

Enjoy, John

PS Thanks for sharing transmitter setup, something we all have known about for over a decade, kook Brit.

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 06-21-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:12 AM
tch2000

Oh damn. What did I miss?
Old 06-22-2019, 03:18 AM
tomhugill

Originally Posted by tch2000
Johns just forgotten his meds, Iím sure he will be back to his usual helpful self soon....
Old 06-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Hi scammer Ken Myers, long time, LOL.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:07 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Johns just forgotten his meds, Iím sure he will be back to his usual helpful self soon....
LOL, no cure for u, malcontent!
Old 06-22-2019, 10:25 AM
Ad Lav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In other news... Iíve seen a video of one running and itís very cool
Old 06-22-2019, 05:22 PM
tch2000

Hi scammer Ken Myers, long time, LOL.
I see we have jokes. Smh. Anyways. June 26 is touch down for Tamiya USA for the kits.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:22 PM
tch2000

Originally Posted by Ad Lav
In other news... Iíve seen a video of one running and itís very cool
do you have a link?
Old 06-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Default Messages via rcu

I see we have jokes. Smh. Anyways. June 26 is touch down for Tamiya USA for the kits.
Received reminder warning rcu messages not to do any business with you, as they claimed you are indeed Ken Myers.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:46 PM
tch2000

Received reminder warning rcu messages not to do any business with you, as they claimed you are indeed Ken Myers.

donít always believe what you hear

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.