Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Stopping in to say Hello, and a couple questions

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Stopping in to say Hello, and a couple questions

Old 02-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Rebellion13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stopping in to say Hello, and a couple questions

Hello everyone its been awhile, I go back and forth with my various RC's but don't have a lot of time for them as of late.
Anyway the questions that I have are. Where is everyone ordering their Clark boards from? I have seen people having problems with tanksofokrc, and i don't really want to take a chance until he gets his stuff straightened out. I found a place in canada that is on clarks website but they want almost $40 in shipping and that is almost half the purchase price for the board.

Second question and I guess this is due to the tariffs and such, but does anyone know when the new taigen v3 boards will be back in stock from IMEX.? Debating between the taigen or clark for a build I want to do. And third does the Mako board slow the tank down when hit, if I choose to go the taigen board route?

Thanks All, hope everyone is doing fine and its good to have a little bit of time to be back and say hello.

Cheers,
Wade

Last edited by Rebellion13; 02-13-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:46 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The V3s are in stock now actually
Also yes, the tariff stuff really delayed a bunch of stuff for us last year. We are a RC distributor and tanks are only a small part of the business actually. We had to figure out new HS codes on thousands of products and dealing with all the factories and tariffs was... well let's just say it sucked haha. We have however changed shipping companies (which almost cuts our shipping time in half) and with the new supermax container ships being able to dock in Tampa it sure will help with not only delivery time but also trucking time as we don't have to ship it from Miami to here. The V3s are in stock now as well as the V2 transmitters. Please feel free to PM me or email me too, I'm always happy to help!
Old 02-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Rebellion13

Thanks Erik, for the quick response. I did not see the V3 listed on the Imex site as being in stock that is why I had asked. Good to know, I have heard a lot of great tings about the new board and it might be the way to go, and add a mako board to make it tamiya compatible. Thanks again

Last edited by Rebellion13; 02-13-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:08 PM
Desertrat99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding Clark boards only real options are direct from Clark in Taiwan or youncan try one of other distributors worldwide? Depends on what type of Clark you want or need? If looking at Sbus system, then I would go with Sollie in Norway. Excellent customer service, but have to,pay shipping from Norway.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:47 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebellion13 View Post
Thanks Erik, for the quick response. I did not see the V3 listed on the Imex site as being in stock that is why I had asked. Good to know, I have heard a lot of great tings about the new board and it might be the way to go, and add a mako board to make it tamiya compatible. Thanks again
Don't use the IMEX site for tank stuff Better deals and such on the Taigen site. The IMEX site is mainly for dealers and out of country orders, best to use the TG if possible plus you get free shipping on orders over $75 almost always.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:35 PM
Rebellion13

Well that explains a lot lol. Even if I don’t go the v3 board route I still need to gather up some parts. So thank you again Eric