Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

TK40S Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Pzjgr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TK40S Questions.

I just got a TK40S Clark board and have questions, before I ask them I want to let you know I have a Tamiya Jagdpanther and I do not have any HL cables.

First is where do I connect the battery to and what cables do I need to do this with?

Do I need cables/plugs for the gearboxes? Where do they connect to?
Looks like I need the HL plugs and they connect to CN6 and CN7.

Do I need a volume control from Clark and where does it connect to?

Where does the speaker connect to? Do I need to change the plug on the Tamiya speaker?
Looks like the speaker connects to CN5

Do I need a remote?

I'm using the Tamiya recoil/elevation and traverse motors, do I need cables/plugs? Where do they connect on the board for elevation and traverse?

Where does the Tamiya IR emitter connect to?
Looks like CN2.

Sorry for the questions, I want to be sure I understand and don't want to short the board.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:17 AM
mcovalsk

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you will get most of the answers, then you should ask on not obvious questions.
TK40 series RC tank Gamming Controller
Old 02-27-2019, 09:20 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Rtfm!

Originally Posted by pzjgr
i just got a tk40s clark board and have questions, before i ask them i want to let you know i have a tamiya jagdpanther and i do not have any hl cables.

First is where do i connect the battery to and what cables do i need to do this with?

Do i need cables/plugs for the gearboxes? Where do they connect to?
Looks like i need the hl plugs and they connect to cn6 and cn7.

Do i need a volume control from clark and where does it connect to?

Where does the speaker connect to? Do i need to change the plug on the tamiya speaker?
Looks like the speaker connects to cn5

do i need a remote?

I'm using the tamiya recoil/elevation and traverse motors, do i need cables/plugs? Where do they connect on the board for elevation and traverse?

Where does the tamiya ir emitter connect to?
Looks like cn2.

Sorry for the questions, i want to be sure i understand and don't want to short the board.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Pzjgr

Originally Posted by mcovalsk
Here you will get most of the answers, then you should ask on not obvious questions.
TK40 series RC tank Gamming Controller
Thank you for the link, I did go over it and the manual answered most of my questions. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:20 PM
mcovalsk

Nobody deserves to be abused (rtfm) even if the question is odd. Internet is a grey zone where most are hidden behind a nick. In the real life the 99% of this kind of answers wouldn't be done.

Originally Posted by Pzjgr
Thank you for the link, I did go over it and the manual answered most of my questions. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:02 AM
tomhugill

Originally Posted by mcovalsk
Nobody deserves to be abused (rtfm) even if the question is odd. Internet is a grey zone where most are hidden behind a nick. In the real life the 99% of this kind of answers wouldn't be done.
As you can see I don't hide behind a nickname. My response in real life would have been the same. In this age of google, it takes two seconds to type "Clark tk40 manual" and it come up as the first search result. The clark manual is pretty good, the op said it answered his questions. If some one can't be bothered to do a quick search for something it doesn't inspire a want to assist. If some ones looked and is struggling to find something (ibu2 manual often alludes me if I haven't got the short cut) then that's a different matter.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:52 PM
mcovalsk

Hi Tom
I don’t want this to be a personal issue with you, but sincerely I think that to answer “read the ****ing manual” in a forum that claims to be for helping people is not the right way.
Few years ago I had an issue with a clark board, it was half my fault and half a mistake the board label had, my first clark.
I relied too much in my knowledge, my fault.
I shared the problem and you answered “read the ****ing manual”
I have been universitary teacher during many years and worked in the electronic /communication industry, devoted to internet since 1994, during all those years, more than 40 in my profession I never underestimated a question, in such a rude way, because you don't know who's asking you.

Since almost 20 years I managed to help in a website that offer modeling tutorilas, I receive many daily email, as you have noted, English is not my native language, so to answer an email that deserves one page is all a labour for me, I’m 65 years old.
Some are customers but most aren’t and I give them all my attention and the best I can offer.
Many times the questions are so simples as “how I use the cyano glue”, but I spend my time answering, what probably could be found googling easily. But I guess that not all the people are so smart like you and me.

Regarding the old clark problem, finally I got the burned IC and using my heat gun hot air desoldering and my USB microscope I fixed the TK22 damaged.
So “read the ****ing manual” neither was useful Tom.
Keep up modeling those terrific tanks you do, I love them.

Originally Posted by tomhugill
As you can see I don't hide behind a nickname. My response in real life would have been the same. In this age of google, it takes two seconds to type "Clark tk40 manual" and it come up as the first search result. The clark manual is pretty good, the op said it answered his questions. If some one can't be bothered to do a quick search for something it doesn't inspire a want to assist. If some ones looked and is struggling to find something (ibu2 manual often alludes me if I haven't got the short cut) then that's a different matter.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Pzjgr

Thank you again mcovalsk for your help. It is my first Clark board and it is the sbus version. When it arrived it had 4 receiver wires connected and I was confused because on youtube Stanlley Tai shows just one receive wire for sbus. I talked to Clark through chat and he showed my ignorance. After he left chat I still had questions about all the connections to the board and so asked them in rcuniverse. I was not expecting to be told by Tom "rtfm" and that's why I ignored him.

Again thank you for your help. Have a friend in our club who is very familiar with Clark's board and he offered to help me if I have further questions, i.e. since I don't have any HL tanks where can I get the wires for my Tamiya Jagdpanther (he showed me where to buy them).

Duane

Last edited by Pzjgr; 02-28-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:58 AM
mcovalsk

Originally Posted by Pzjgr
Thank you again mcovalsk for your help. It is my first Clark board and it is the sbus version. When it arrived it had 4 receiver wires connected and I was confused because on youtube Stanlley Tai shows just one receive wire for sbus. I talked to Clark through chat and he showed my ignorance. After he left chat I still had questions about all the connections to the board and so asked them in rcuniverse. I was not expecting to be told by Tom "rtfm" and that's why I ignored him.

Again thank you for your help. Have a friend in our club who is very familiar with Clark's board and he offered to help me if I have further questions, i.e. since I don't have any HL tanks where can I get the wires for my Tamiya Jagdpanther (he showed me where to buy them).

Duane
Old 03-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Spitvalve

Dang, I feel out of it. Had to search "RTFM" to figure out what it meant!
Old 03-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

"Read the fine Manual" - at least thats what my UNIX text books taught me...
Old 03-03-2019, 05:46 AM
mcovalsk

To make this more contructive, I want to show pictures of my second Hooben.

Last edited by mcovalsk; 03-03-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

This place has Heng Long parts. Here is a link to wire sets.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-16...AbTest=ae803_4
Old 03-03-2019, 10:52 AM
king_tubby

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice looking T-55, but I think the Hooben manual has it wrong (& the Tamiya 1:35 kit has it right).
There should be only one deep wading tube fitted. The one on the front left of the turret for Soviet production or the one below the rear fuel drums for Warsaw pact.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:15 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

My Hooben (second hand) came with the tube mounted on the turret with log (dowel) mounted below the fuel drums. I believe that's the way it comes from Hooben.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:33 AM
tomhugill

Originally Posted by Ex_Pat_Tanker
"Read the fine Manual" - at least thats what my UNIX text books taught me...
Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 AM
mcovalsk

Originally Posted by king_tubby
Nice looking T-55, but I think the Hooben manual has it wrong (& the Tamiya 1:35 kit has it right).
There should be only one deep wading tube fitted. The one on the front left of the turret for Soviet production or the one below the rear fuel drums for Warsaw pact.
Good point! I didn't realize that, I will remove the extra one. Thanks