Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

M4a3(76)w custom build, yep another sherman

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

M4a3(76)w custom build, yep another sherman

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 07:48 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts
Default M4a3(76)w custom build, yep another sherman

Since the m60A3 is behind me and my Tamiya EZ8 update rebuild and repaint is done, Ive been working on another Tamiya ez8, as well as decided I finally wanted to build a true scale m4a3 76mm. Why build one when Taigen makes a great one? Well, their turrets are a bit over scale to compensate for the BB and their hull is slightly toyish compared to the detail level that Tamiya produces and I enjoy building a scale model. So... here I go....

This will be a special tank as you will see in the end. As with most of my tanks I have had custom decals made for it so it will be the only one in our scale.
Im using a taigen chassis which I narrowed the sides down to fit the Tamiya hull. I have a used/cast off Nick turret that came in one of the batches of tank stuff I have picked up here and there. But, instead of using the Tamiya rotation, which is fine but gets in the way of my recoil servo on the breach when it depresses, I am planning to graft in HL rotation system. How, you may ask am I going to do that. Well Ive already done it with that other EZ8 I started. That tank was all cast off parts that were butchered from someone else starting the project. Initially I thought that other T23 was wasted since the bottom Tamiya rotation flange had been cut off, but later I thought about it, and I found a way to put that tank together with HL rotation. I will do this one the same way, maybe I will post a thread on the Ez8 not sure, kinda feel I beat the Shermans to death and not too many are that interested in them.
Any way, I need a Tamiya transmission nose bolt bar. Anybody got one in their parts bin they want to sell me? Tape it to a piece of cardboard and stick it in an envelope.

Old 05-31-2019, 12:21 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks good So far. Keep the progress photos coming!!!