Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Need bottom half to build helicopter transporter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Need bottom half to build helicopter transporter

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 04:58 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need bottom half to build helicopter transporter

Know nothing about tanks. I fly turbine jets and helis. I would like to make a tracked vehicle with a platform capable of moving a 60 pound helicopter. I have CNC mill and router, fabrication isn’t a problem. Just don’t want to re-invent the wheel. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

If you are interested in what kinds of DIY solutions people have come up with you might want to look at the tutorials on R/C Tank Combat - The Ultimate Tactical Warfare Game. Most of the vehicles there are 1/6th scale and have more than enough power to carry 60lbs. I actually rode on my Sturmtiger and I was about 185lbs at the time. That much weight was a little too much for the suspension arms (they bent), but the motors handled it just fine. Back when I built her there wasn't a whole lot of brushed ESCs that could handle the motors I used in it, but today there are quite a few cheaper ones than the IFI Victors I used for the build or the Vantec ESC in my KV-2. The KV-2 could also haul 60lbs easily:
and running
Old 08-12-2019, 05:37 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Send me a PM or an email, I have some stuff that might work for you. Some of our newer tanks are strong enough to stand on the lower hull so 60lbs shouldn't be too bad. They both have flat tops as well to make the upper hull easier to mate. We can remove what you don't need.

Also, that is a pretty sweet tank project!