Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Henglong 6.0 main board

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 07:50 AM
Robturtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Henglong 6.0 main board

Hello again. I’ve bought a new henglong tiger tank with the 6.0 main board in it. From what I’ve read this is a great step up from the old ones. Has really nice controls and 4 different motor and gun sounds. But I’ve heard some of y’alls tank sounds and some are really nice. My question is can the sound card be changed on the main board?
Thanks again. I’ve really enjoyed reading the threads y’all have posted.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Robturtle
Hello again. I’ve bought a new henglong tiger tank with the 6.0 main board in it. From what I’ve read this is a great step up from the old ones. Has really nice controls and 4 different motor and gun sounds. But I’ve heard some of y’alls tank sounds and some are really nice. My question is can the sound card be changed on the main board?
Thanks again. I’ve really enjoyed reading the threads y’all have posted.
Unfortunately the sound card cannot be changed. Other then that it is a surprisingly decent system with a lot of built in options that are easy to take advantage of. I use my T72 for IR battling and had no need for the airsoft feature. So I was able to add barrel flash by simply adding an LED in the barrel and plug into the unused cannon flash port. At the same time with a little wiring tweak was able to retain track recoil and main gun firing sounds. I used the rear tailing port to activate red LEDs paced in the commanders hatch that flash when the tank takes a hit, again by simply plugging them into the rear tail light port. There are still even more ports available for other features should they be needed later.

The only real big negative is the controller, it feels cheap because it is. If the 6.0 system could bind to a better controller then it would be a real game changer give its low cost, ability to run up to 12volt batteries, good speed/handling control and ability for plug and play options.