Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Fun Run San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 07:57 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts
Default Fun Run San Diego

619th Tank Battalion San Diego had a fun run today at the Desert Training center. Terrain ranges from hard pack to very soft silty dirt, rocks and sand dunes.

Last edited by RichJohnson; 11-09-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Tuned_pipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I like the movie of the M 60 hauling a** across the desert. That looks very cool. It's fun to see these tanks being used in real world situations. I hope you guys keep pushing the envelope.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:49 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

You should have seen the abrams cruising across the tops of the dunes at 12 volts. It was not dipping in the troughs just skipping across the top at breakneck speed. I went down the hill and turned hard on the hill which is tough and bogged down and then pulled that HL tack apart. Thats the week link in my tank, dklm doesnt stay on at higher speeds and the HL is a bit fragile. I am sure the answer is tamiya track but at 250, I just cant spend that kinda money for a hl tank. It was out performing the tamiya abrams for the short time I drove it.... But, I also didnt care if I broke something on it, because I just treat that tank that way.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

That would be cool to see. Part of why I like the modern tanks is the speed. World War Two tanks are my favorite, but they can't do this.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

This is the left over dust even after blowing the heavy dust off. Personally I like my tanks dirty and one can’t get them looking like this just parked on a shelf. But an hour of so driving at Rich’s desert train center and you have a tank that comes away with the “Been there done that and kicked it’s A**” look. Believe me the photos do not do justice to how field used and dusty my Tamiya Abrams is.

If you have a chance to visit San Diego don’t pass up an afternoon of driving your tank(s) at Rich’s desert training center. You will learn a lot, have a bunch of fun, laughs and walk away with a real world dust covered tank to enjoy. I hope Rich and the San Diego Tank club use this area for a desert theme battle sometime.

My Tamiya Abrams after blowing off the majority of the dust.