Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Merry Christmas Everyone!

May your day be filled with warmth, happiness family and friends!
Looking ahead to a great New Year.

All the best from my workshop to yours!

Jerry
Old 12-24-2019, 11:02 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Merry Christmas to you, Tanque, and to all our fellow tankers. It's almost 10 here, the children have had their Christmas breakfast and opened their presents, we've been to Church at dawn and our guests will arrive in early afternoon. According to Her Excellency, the women will be cooking up a storm, the main course is already slow roasting in the oven, and we men will be relegated to the smoking room with some excellent wine and good cigars. Sophia, our blue girl, sends her Christmas cheer to all of you.

Old 12-25-2019, 02:58 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Bah! Humbug!

Don't look at me like that, somebody had to do it.

Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
May your day be filled with warmth, happiness family and friends!
Looking ahead to a great New Year.

All the best from my workshop to yours!

Jerry

Merry Christmas Jerry !
and all the members of the forum.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:59 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Merry Christmas all, and hope the New Year will grand for all,
Old 12-26-2019, 06:28 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Good cheer to all!

Old 12-27-2019, 02:50 PM
MAUS45

Beautiful pup you have there Robert!!!
Old 12-27-2019, 11:18 PM
sevoblast

Thanks, Rudy! She is quite the treasure, very kind and gentle. She is double blue merle, meaning both parents were blue merle, not one blue and one black. Blues are a semi benign genetic mutation of a black and are called 'blue' because at birth their fir is a blue/gray color. When they mature, they turn almost silver but when the light is right they look blue. Unfortunately, blues are difficult to breed and can have other problems. Sophia does not see well, she is quite near sighted, and she is barren. She is Champion three times over, and let me tell you how nice and cultured the show circuit is. Suffice it to say for her last three shows she had an armed guard. No joke.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:30 AM
Tanque

Dogs are the best... I'm waiting a while before I bring some new one into my little family and I'm still missing my old girl...
Old 12-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Crius

Originally Posted by Tanque
Dogs are the best...
We're not really gonna have this argument, are we?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uYeh03t.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	2265982

I like both, but living alone and working 10 hours a day I can't give a dog the care he/she deserves. Cats are more independent. Besides, I can play fetch with my cat, the difference is we play fetch with a live mouse. Bwahahahaha
Old 12-28-2019, 12:01 PM
sevoblast

Our dogs can play 'fetch' too, as in 'Fetch the two leg to me, and bring his 'kat thing' with him!' And you can tell them in four languages, Dog, English, German and Russian. Those are 2.5 m long collie divan pillows, Melik and Manya, and don't worry, they both like kat things, they grew up with them from the time they were pups.

Last edited by sevoblast; 12-28-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:26 PM
Crius

Your kind of fetch is cool, but the mouse thing is maybe a misdemeanor, tops, where fetching two-legs can really tick off the local cops, prosecutors, judges, etc, etc.

Like I said, I like both, and would have both if I could. Usually when introduced as young ones the two species get along rather well. Funny, though, I've noticed in a situation like that the cats tend to try to boss the dogs around once they've grown up, and sometimes get away with it. So who's in charge at your house, those beautiful collies or their feline friends?
Old 12-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Crius

If you like dog/cat combos, you should search Ruuxa and Raina, a Cheetah and a Rhodesian Ridge-back dog. Best buds since childhood, and totally inseparable. Raina has been instrumental in the successful raising of Ruuxa.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:23 PM
sevoblast

We like both, too, although it can be humorous when 'Geroi' from next door decides to climb down the apple tree on our side of the wall. The lawn is fenced and gated and our dogs only go in as a special treat, and Geroi, 'Hero', knows this. So here's Geroi last spring sitting on the wall and watching the dogs walk, and after Ella and Aleksandr disappear he decides it was safe to use his preferred toilet, my lawn. What he didn't know was the upper gate was closed but not latched and Ella and Aleksandr were not in their rooms, they were watching him through the box hedge at the upper fence. Geroi hits the lawn, prances out to center stage and here comes two huge collies at warp 10, just putting a foot down here and there to steer themselves. I didn't know cat's eyes could get that big and I didn't know cats could climb a three meter and smooth concrete wall. They would never hurt him, it was the fun of the chase, pure and simple, just like our cats, tease and chase, tease and chase.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by Crius
We're not really gonna have this argument, are we?

Attachment 2265982

I like both, but living alone and working 10 hours a day I can't give a dog the care he/she deserves. Cats are more independent. Besides, I can play fetch with my cat, the difference is we play fetch with a live mouse. Bwahahahaha
I hadn't looked in on this thread to see where it was going. Substitute whichever animal suits you in that comment; "_____ are the best..."

The original was just a offhand comment which could have easily been "Dogs are fun"; "Dogs are terrific", "Dogs is dogz"....... you get the pixture...
wasn't meant to slight felines..

Jerry
Old 12-30-2019, 08:36 AM
Crius

Jerry, I thought you knew me well enough by now that you would know I was only kidding around. The whole dog and cat thing can be one of those friendly rivalries that's kind of fun. Kind of like the way I, as an Open Wheel race fan, love to take little Digs at the NASCAR fans. I love to tell them, yeah, yeah, yeah, real race cars turn right every once in awhile, and they don't have fenders!
Old 12-30-2019, 09:08 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Yeah, Jerry, we knew you were not picking a fight.

Winnie the mini is the patrol dog at Tankland. She likes cats. Tigers and Panthers and Leopards.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:03 AM
MAUS45

Love all the Dogs presented!!! I have a cat Tashka.