Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Building a Taigen early Tiger 1 kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Building a Taigen early Tiger 1 kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 11:53 AM
Artemis2020

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Building a Taigen early Tiger 1 kit

New to the forum and RC tanks in general and in need of some help, if possible. So I went a little crazy and bought a Handful of tank kits, I’m finishing up my first which is the Tiger 1 and I can’t seem to get it to do anything. I have the V3 electronics kit and have followed the pairing instructions a ton of times and the headlights just blink at me. The tank won’t do anything but blink and run the fan on the motherboard. I’ve tried two separate batteries, fully charged, two separate Taigen T5 transmitters. Nothing seems to work. The remote will blink for a minute trying to pair and then turn solid red again. Any help would be much appreciated and if anyone knows a good tank guy around DFW, TX I’d love to reach out to them. Thank you for your time and any help you can provide!
Old 01-17-2020, 04:07 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Welcome aboard from the Motor City. I've been through your neck of the woods, had a buddy in Denton, and spent about a year in Houston when I was a much, much younger man. I can relate to the craziness, too. Once you get started this hobby can get addicting.

You said you have multiple kits, do you have a different MFU you can try? I can see three possibilities, MFU problem, binding problem, or transmitter problem. If you have another MFU maybe we can eliminate that one. I'm sure Imex Erik will see this and he may have some ideas.

Again, welcome to the Dark Side.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Artemis2020

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Welcome aboard from the Motor City. I've been through your neck of the woods, had a buddy in Denton, and spent about a year in Houston when I was a much, much younger man. I can relate to the craziness, too. Once you get started this hobby can get addicting.

You said you have multiple kits, do you have a different MFU you can try? I can see three possibilities, MFU problem, binding problem, or transmitter problem. If you have another MFU maybe we can eliminate that one. I'm sure Imex Erik will see this and he may have some ideas.

Again, welcome to the Dark Side.
Thanks for the reply, I ended up getting a reply from Erik and decided to check the manual again, turns out I had mistakenly plugged something in that didn’t need to be plugged in. So far so good!
The following users liked this post:
freedom06 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 09:15 AM
Tanker1966

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

" turns out I had mistakenly plugged something in that didn’t need to be plugged in."

Yep that will do it. We pretty much have to be a mechanical/electrical engineer on these things. LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by Tanker1966:
Artemis2020 (01-20-2020), freedom06 (01-28-2020)