Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Armortek Summer Releases: Bren Gun Carrier & Stug 3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Armortek Summer Releases: Bren Gun Carrier & Stug 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 05:35 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Armortek Summer Releases: Bren Gun Carrier & Stug 3

Armortek just announced their 1/6 kit releases for this summer as the British Universal (Bren) Carrier and the German Stug 3.

Because of the small size of the Universal Carrier it will be powered by one drive motor thru a differential and will use a brake on each side to turn. This is the way the actual carrier operated.

Check out these kits that were just announced today on the Armortek site to read the specs and see pictures along with pricing.

A few months ago Armortek stated their next releases would be smaller and lighter kits. Their last three releases have been the Chieftain, King Tiger, and JagdTiger with the JT being the largest kit they've ever made.

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 01-31-2020 at 05:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Artemis2020 (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 05:55 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol.....who picked those?
Old 01-31-2020, 09:18 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hey Mike, I took a look at the armortek site and those sure are good looking pieces. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that, unless I hit the lottery, an armortek tank will always be beyond my financial reach.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:20 AM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Armortek ran a customer survey a while ago, apparently both those were high on the wanted list, so, what the customer wants....

Mal
Old 01-31-2020, 12:07 PM
Old MSgt

As Mal mentioned, I completed that survey a few months ago and I listed, in this order, the M113 APC, Easy 8 Sherman, and M3 Stuart. The German tanks are the most popular sold and then British (because England is where Armortek is located and Europe has a lot of Armortek owners.)

The Bren Carrier is the SMALLEST tracked vehicle Armortek has ever came out with and the diff & brakes for it are a first. A lot of people have said the Scorpion, Stuart, and others are too small inside for the motors, electrics, batteries they would take but this Bren blows that assumption away.

The Stug 3 is a rerelease from a previous kit they made. As I mentioned, since the last three HEAVY kits they've made (after the M3 Lee/Grant medium weight) Armortek said they'd like to save their backs for a while from lifting/shipping kits weighing that much.

They've only produced one post-WWII tank and that's the Chieftain which sold out QUICK. Last Fall was the third release of the King Tiger and IT sold out quick. And now there's only a few JagdTigers left available to order.

Just wanted to give ya an update!

Mike
Old 01-31-2020, 01:13 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Mike
I thought it quite funny that in the lead up to the announcement, Armortek said the next vehicle(s) would be smaller than the JT.
That practically only eliminates Maus - the others being Paper Panzers.
So not a huge clue.

Mal
The following users liked this post:
Old MSgt (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 02:02 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Would love to have the Stug III G, but wow, the cost is amazing!!! I may need to get a loan or hit the lottery as Gary said!!! Where was that Kiwk Sack you knocked off when you bought your Panther Mike? LOL

Last edited by MAUS45; 01-31-2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:17 PM
Old MSgt

It was a BP Station Maus!! Not a Kiwi!!!… er, a... It was a USED Panther CHEAP!! Can't pin it on me!

(..name withheld because I plead the 5th!!! remember: None of you know me!!!)

Last edited by Old MSgt; 01-31-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:33 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Dang it I forgot to turn the listing device on would you repeat that last statement Mike, I meant Old MSgt!!! Used is always a good excuse right? Wish R/C Armory would release their Stug III G!!!
Old 01-31-2020, 02:43 PM
Old MSgt

Yeah Maus!

If RC Armory would just finally come out with the 1/6 Stug 3 he's been working on!! The 1/8 KT I built was SOLID, well made, light, and so easy to work on. AND at an affordable price too. The 1/6 Stug he was working on would be extremely worth it! Have you heard anything about it? Is RCA still producing tanks? He's a Great Guy to deal with.

Mike
Old 01-31-2020, 03:16 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Love their Universal Carrier especially after just getting this book on captured light tanks & armored tractors in German service. Time to think outside the box.

Stug III is a winner, too.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:12 AM
steenv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted for the StuG in 2019 survey and was happy when I saw it being produced for a summer 2020 deliverable - I ordered the StuG and really look forward to start the build project. I finished my Armortek Tiger 1 in 2019 and wanted another build project.
Here are some links to my Tiger 1 on youtube

(this one is an interview made by a local tv station, so language is Danish )
cheers
Steen