Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Corona virus

Old 03-27-2020, 01:21 PM
  #126  
Crius
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 4,334
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by airsteve172 View Post
So there I was, foolishy concerned about the revenue I'm losing and the probability that the company I work for will no longer exist when this is over.
Having read your post now, I can breathe a sigh of relief.
I wasn't trying to give you relief, I couldn't possibly care less whether or not you have a job when all this is over. I was simply reporting the State of Affairs in Detroit for my fellow tankers. As you've been told a little more politely before, quit your whining and suck it up, it's hard times for everybody. Not just you.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:31 PM
  #127  
Crius
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 4,334
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts
Default

I saw one of the TV news people praising Facebook because they donated 700,000 n95 masks from their supply. This was indeed a very generous and admirable thing to do, but I couldn't help but Wonder, just exactly why did Facebook have 700,000 n95 masks to begin with? They have about 45,000 employees. What possible use could a company like Facebook have for 700,000 n95 masks? Not that it's important, it just made me wonder.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM
  #128  
airsteve172
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , NY
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
I wasn't trying to give you relief, I couldn't possibly care less whether or not you have a job when all this is over. I was simply reporting the State of Affairs in Detroit for my fellow tankers. As you've been told a little more politely before, quit your whining and suck it up, it's hard times for everybody. Not just you.
Darned!!! It seems like there's a whole lot more sucking going on than I might have initially imagined.

I wish we could go back in time when the recorded statistics of flu epidemics were much more catastrophic and we didn't suck so much.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:18 PM
  #129  
herrmill
 
herrmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hangzhou, China
Posts: 1,983
Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

Some inspiring news for a change as doctors take to innovation to combat the lack of ventilators.

A Canadian doctor has rigged up a ventilator with do-it-yourself mechanics to treat nine patients instead of one. Dr Alain Gauthier, an anesthetist at the Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital in Ontario, has a PhD in respiratory mechanics. According to CBC News, the physician got the idea after watching YouTube videos created by two Detroit doctors in 2006.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...echanics.html?

A New York hospital system has begun treating two patients instead of one on some ventilators, a desperate measure that could help alleviate a shortage of the critical breathing machines and help hospitals around the country respond to the surge of coronavirus patients expected in the coming weeks.

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, began ďventilator sharingĒ this week, said Dr. Laureen Hill, chief operating officer at the Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center system. Doctors have developed protocols for the maneuver and now are rapidly scaling it up while also sharing their methods with the federal and state governments and other hospitals.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/h...r-sharing.html
Old 03-27-2020, 02:27 PM
  #130  
Crius
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 4,334
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts
Default

I saw the one about the doctor using one ventilator to treat nine, and that's pretty cool. I also saw a female Canadian doctor on tv who said she had the virus (tested positive) but all she suffered was a low grade fever and a headache for one day and the next day she felt fine again. I'm not trying to make light, it's gonna get ugly before it's over, but that's a case that shows the virus effects different people differently. Many will die, but for some lucky ones it will just be a mild irritant. I also saw at one of the task force briefings the woman said so far 99% of all deaths have been people over 50. At 59 that's not much comfort to me, but hopefully it will give a bit more hope to the young. Oh yeah, as of yesterday they said only ONE child under 15 has died from the virus. That's great news, if you ask me. The one that did die was a 14 year old boy in China who had an underlying condition, but they never said exactly what the condition was. Hopefully no more children will suffer.

And you can't get corona virus from your cat. Just sayin'.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:39 PM
  #131  
Pah co chu puk
 
Pah co chu puk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ridgway, CO
Posts: 3,103
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

It is the government "remedy" that's hurting me and the vast majority of the people in this country.

What "government" are you referring to? Federal, State, city, or county? The federal government has been kind of lame in their response, but most (not all) state governments have been very proactive in their efforts to slow down the virus spread. China did an amazing effort to contain it, but it still got out, so it will take an even more amazing effort to deal with it now. Our collective governments can help us deal with this, but in the end, it's a human problem, not a problem any single country can ever deal with alone.

Think of this as an alien from outer space that has landed on Earth and started killing humans. It is too small to kill with guns and bombs, so we have to fight it by not letting it spread until we can come up with a vaccine that kills it for good. If corona virus was an alien from outer space, the whole world would rally together and KILL the invaders. That is what we need to do now.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:05 PM
  #132  
airsteve172
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , NY
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk View Post
It is the government "remedy" that's hurting me and the vast majority of the people in this country.

What "government" are you referring to? Federal, State, city, or county? The federal government has been kind of lame in their response, but most (not all) state governments have been very proactive in their efforts to slow down the virus spread. China did an amazing effort to contain it, but it still got out, so it will take an even more amazing effort to deal with it now. Our collective governments can help us deal with this, but in the end, it's a human problem, not a problem any single country can ever deal with alone.

Think of this as an alien from outer space that has landed on Earth and started killing humans. It is too small to kill with guns and bombs, so we have to fight it by not letting it spread until we can come up with a vaccine that kills it for good. If corona virus was an alien from outer space, the whole world would rally together and KILL the invaders. That is what we need to do now.
I wouldn't trust anything about China, where this whole mess started, let alone any of their "amazing" efforts in this regard.

As far as rallying together, it seems to be the very antithesis of what we're actually doing. In fact, it bears far more resemblance to a divide and conquer strategy that an enemy could have planned.

Last edited by airsteve172; 03-27-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:30 PM
  #133  
Pah co chu puk
 
Pah co chu puk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ridgway, CO
Posts: 3,103
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

I asked you to articulate what level or branch of government you were upset at.

I don't trust China ether, but I do think they put out an amazing effort to contain this virus.

They have a strong central government and the people are cooperative with their government. The USA has a confused central government and Americans are unruly and refuse to be fenced in. I think America will be hit hard by this, and I think our wild untamed spirit will be part of why.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:43 PM
  #134  
airsteve172
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , NY
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk View Post
I asked you to articulate what level or branch of government you were upset at.

I don't trust China ether, but I do think they put out an amazing effort to contain this virus.

They have a strong central government and the people are cooperative with their government. The USA has a confused central government and Americans are unruly and refuse to be fenced in. I think America will be hit hard by this, and I think our wild untamed spirit will be part of why.
If you ever had the occasion to visit New Hampshire, you might have noticed the state motto, Live Free or Die. Some of us here in the U.S. still take our freedoms seriously and will never accept the ideals of communism for which you seem to display an affection.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:58 PM
  #135  
Pcomm1.v2
 
Pcomm1.v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,057
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
I saw one of the TV news people praising Facebook because they donated 700,000 n95 masks from their supply. This was indeed a very generous and admirable thing to do, but I couldn't help but Wonder, just exactly why did Facebook have 700,000 n95 masks to begin with? They have about 45,000 employees. What possible use could a company like Facebook have for 700,000 n95 masks? Not that it's important, it just made me wonder.

Sorry, not some evil corporate conspiracy. So why? To help their employees survive Seasonal Critical Brushfire Bad Air Quality Weather Conditions near Menlo Park, CA, at the Facebook Headquarters. N95 masks are pretty common California survival kit gear for many people and corporations.


Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 03-27-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:32 PM
  #136  
Crius
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Detroit Rock City
Posts: 4,334
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts
Default

That's right, with all those fires that makes sense. Do you know how much they (n95s) cost before the virus? I saw them online for $4 each, but you had to buy 100. Ouch.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:14 PM
  #137  
Pcomm1.v2
 
Pcomm1.v2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,057
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
That's right, with all those fires that makes sense. Do you know how much they (n95s) cost before the virus? I saw them online for $4 each, but you had to buy 100. Ouch.
Hi, The Disposal 3M N95 Particles Respirator Mask I use for model painting, wild fire air quality safety and now grocery store anti virus shopping (a non surgical mask that does not block Hazardous Fumes or even coffee aroma) was around about $15.00 USD for a box of 30 on Amazon Prime, a couple of years ago. At Home Depot, I paid about 12 bucks for a box of 10 in January 2020. The higher rated Disposal 3M Particles Respirator Mask 8233 N100 was $7.69 for 2 on Amazon in 2017. It offers better air filtering protection and is recommended as a brushfire air quality safety mask and as a earthquake dust protection mask. John


Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 03-27-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:41 PM
  #138  
airsteve172
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , NY
Posts: 257
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Ironically, we have literally thousands of masks at work that we would be unlikely to ever use, but we were shut down and I didn't even bother to take one home with me.
Would have gladly given them out to whoever could use them, but....

Last edited by airsteve172; 03-27-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:42 AM
  #139  
mustclime
 
mustclime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: westwood, NJ
Posts: 1,421
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I have seen a lot of miss information out there, please be careful. The number deaths in the U.S. for April 16 in one day was over 4500 as per the WSJ...please stay safe, I know the weather is getting better, PROTECT YOUR SELVES!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...it-11587031743


Last edited by mustclime; 04-17-2020 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:59 AM
  #140  
sevoblast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East
Posts: 3,081
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

It's been three weeks since I posted on this thread. First off, VCO and I are good, no problems, food stores, pharmacy and pet supply emporiums are well stocked and price controls have been if anything strengthened. Etoarmor is working away and Daryl up in Maryland is doing well. Busy as heck, but well.






Last edited by sevoblast; 04-18-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:05 PM
  #141  
ksoc
 
ksoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dana Point, CA
Posts: 1,366
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

This CCP WuFlu is nasty for those who have it, but once you get outside of NY and NJ, you have to add up the next 15 states (including CA & TX) to equal the amount of deaths.

CA at twice the population of NY, has 1/10th the number of deaths (or less).

New antibody testing out of Santa Clara, CA suggests the infection rate was much higher than previously stated. In Santa Clara, instead of 1,000 infected, preliminary testing says there could have been anywhere from 48,000 to 80,000 infected. Nationally, millions, if not 10 of millions could already have been infected. That would drive the rate of deaths per infection way down. So state wide, instead of a 5% fatality rate, it may be closer to 0.1%

Be smart, stay safe, and let's get this country back to work!

Regarding the graph. Numbers may be higher on other sites, but the basic shape is the same


Old 04-19-2020, 03:45 AM
  #142  
Enzo_K
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 68
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ksoc View Post
This CCP WuFlu is nasty for those who have it, but once you get outside of NY and NJ, you have to add up the next 15 states (including CA & TX) to equal the amount of deaths.

CA at twice the population of NY, has 1/10th the number of deaths (or less).
CCP WuFlu? dude, you really brought the salinity for this to a whole new level. LMAO. It almost sounds like the CCP created this "flu".
Old 04-19-2020, 04:04 AM
  #143  
Enzo_K
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 68
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
A lot of my friends and family members went out Saturday on a scavenger hunt for TP and paper towels, then later planned on going to some bars... facing the uncertainty and feeling things were going to be shut down by St. Patrick's day.

Not me... I did the Corona challenge at home safely. Still have 6 left for tomorrow.

Folks are doing ok with paper towels and TP here in Bloomington IN. My local Kroger resupplied things quickly. Also started my corona challenge at home, just fewer calories. Coz I heard being overweight with the corona does you no good. lol

Old 04-19-2020, 05:02 AM
  #144  
mustclime
 
mustclime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: westwood, NJ
Posts: 1,421
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ksoc View Post
This CCP WuFlu is nasty for those who have it, but once you get outside of NY and NJ, you have to add up the next 15 states (including CA & TX) to equal the amount of deaths.

CA at twice the population of NY, has 1/10th the number of deaths (or less).

New antibody testing out of Santa Clara, CA suggests the infection rate was much higher than previously stated. In Santa Clara, instead of 1,000 infected, preliminary testing says there could have been anywhere from 48,000 to 80,000 infected. Nationally, millions, if not 10 of millions could already have been infected. That would drive the rate of deaths per infection way down. So state wide, instead of a 5% fatality rate, it may be closer to 0.1%

Be smart, stay safe, and let's get this country back to work!

Regarding the graph. Numbers may be higher on other sites, but the basic shape is the same

wow, you are a bit fast and loose with your numbers....the key is there is an enormous shortage of tests, without test people are being miss labeled when they pass.... just as they were in China and Europe.... you think itís safe in buttfocknowhere...do you really want to take that chance?
Old 04-19-2020, 10:27 AM
  #145  
mustclime
 
mustclime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: westwood, NJ
Posts: 1,421
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

According to JHU ... total reported Covid cases are 742,442..... total reported deaths are 39,291 as of 2:00pm est in the U.S.. basic math, if the reported over all death rate is 1% with the virus And if you say we are on top of testing than the total deaths should be 7,424. Thatís 1% of the reported Covid sick people.... if on the other hand you look at the total reported deaths of 39,291..... well thatís 3,929,100 have gotten sick..... opening the country early WILL =LOTS OF DEAD PEOPLE. Please be safe people!
Old 04-19-2020, 04:01 PM
  #146  
ksoc
 
ksoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dana Point, CA
Posts: 1,366
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Enzo_K View Post
CCP WuFlu? dude, you really brought the salinity for this to a whole new level. LMAO. It almost sounds like the CCP created this "flu".
They did not create it, but they had it in a lab, lost control of it, then lied to the world about it. Now they are trying to profit off of their mistake.

Nobody complains about calling it Ebola. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Lyme disease. A flu, from Wuhan, WuFlu
Old 04-19-2020, 04:58 PM
  #147  
tch2000
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston , TX
Posts: 405
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Still bad here in Texas. N I can’t even get a mask at wk. they are under lock n key. Smh
Old 04-19-2020, 07:26 PM
  #148  
Enzo_K
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 68
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ksoc View Post
They did not create it, but they had it in a lab, lost control of it, then lied to the world about it. Now they are trying to profit off of their mistake.

Nobody complains about calling it Ebola. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Lyme disease. A flu, from Wuhan, WuFlu
Okay, Wuflu is fine to me, lol. But CCP Wuflu? And besides all that, it already has the name COVID-19.
If they really have this in a lab. And they know what it is. Then it won't take them weeks to identify the virus and it won't take 23 days before they lock down the city. I mean, the CCP is not that stupid are they? That's just my theory for this. Don't believe that "lab leak" thing on those "fake news", specially when they trying to shift blames on others.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:42 PM
  #149  
jarndice
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hemel Hempstead,Hertfordshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 845
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Default

The Chinese have two health systems,
The official health system which you and I would recognise and traditional Medicine which uses all manner of plant and animal products as a basis for powders and potions,
Almost none of this has been researched but it is a fact that introducing certain animal products into the (Human) body can cause serious sideeffects and it is believed that this is the source of the Covid - 19 virus.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:25 AM
  #150  
mustclime
 
mustclime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: westwood, NJ
Posts: 1,421
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ksoc View Post
They did not create it, but they had it in a lab, lost control of it, then lied to the world about it. Now they are trying to profit off of their mistake.

Nobody complains about calling it Ebola. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Lyme disease. A flu, from Wuhan, WuFlu
DUDE, stop watching the crap you are watching. You are smarter than this. There is zero proof of this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...urce=applenews

Last edited by mustclime; 04-20-2020 at 04:03 AM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.