Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Question on how to fit together upper and lower hulls Taigen 75mm Sherman Metal kit

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Question on how to fit together upper and lower hulls Taigen 75mm Sherman Metal kit

Old 04-08-2020, 12:01 PM
sturmgrenadier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on how to fit together upper and lower hulls Taigen 75mm Sherman Metal kit

Hello more experienced fellow tankers. There may be a basic technical competency required to assemble even some of these 1/16th tank kits. And I am not yet sure if I possess it. Might anyone more learned be able to demonstrate/tell me how the upper and lower hulls fit together on the Taigen Sherman 75mm tank? Even after looking at pictures of an assembled one and the instruction manual for the ready to run version of this model, I am not grasping how this is done (the light bulb just isn't firing in my noggin). I guess it is a good (er, bad...) sign that I am not fitting them correctly when the lower hull starts to contact the relatively delicate looking wiring in the upper hull I was able to understand most of how to assemble the Taigen Tiger I Early version kit on my own, but that particular kit was well documented (fairly easy to follow step by step assembly instructions with good illustrations). Alas, I don't think that similar manufacturer assembly instructions exist for this 75mm Sherman metal kit. I am guessing it is such common sense that people figure out easily how to put the Sherman (and other 1/16th tank kits) together? In any case, if any more seasoned tanker can offer any tips here, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:17 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the Sherman it is almost exactly like the Tiger, the front of the upper hull slots into the front of the lower hull and it will snap down very similar to the T1 too. Did you install the clips at the rear of the tank (underneath, the two studs) to keep it retained in place?
Old 04-09-2020, 11:29 AM
sturmgrenadier

Default Two Sherman hull pieces still not fitting together

Erik,
Many thanks for trying to help me out with this when you are undoubtedly super-busy running things down in Florida. In my humble opinion, you and the IMEX crew are doing a heck of a job under challenging conditions to respond to questions and fill/ship orders timely (as a case in point, I ordered this Sherman metal kit last Thursday at noon, and you folks shipped the same day

I'm unfortunately still not getting this fitting together of the Sherman hull pieces (I must be missing a basic concept completely). I understand how the clips in the rear of the upper hull needing to be installed. I've got them in place, and see how they click down (similar to on my Tiger I Early version). What utterly puzzles me is that I can not find any way to get the front center tab on the upper hull of the Sherman (the one by the hull machine gun) to fit underneath the lower hull (even without pushing down on the rear to make the clips click in place). To force the upper hull tab (by the hull MG) underneath, I would have to snap off or cut the triangular shaped front corner ends of the upper hull (located below the headlights on both sides). It may be that I need to take some pictures so other tankers can see what I am talking about. As it is now, when I click in the rear clips in place, the front of the upper hull (including the front center tab) just flop down unsecured. Thanks for having tried to assist this knucklehead, though. Maybe I'll work on figuring out how to install the suspension and wheels the lower hull, and give this fitting together of the two hull pieces a fresh look this weekend...
Old 04-09-2020, 01:51 PM
sturmgrenadier

Default Finally figured it out....

Sorry for taking up thread space, folks. This knucklehead just wasn't applying enough pressure to slide the front tab on the upper hull under the lower hull. (It pops right in with a very firm push).