Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long FPV "System"

Old 05-25-2020, 07:18 PM
Geolabman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Heng Long FPV "System"

Fellows-
Does ANYONE have ANY information on the Heng Long FPV "system". I have been getting conflection information on it. Some say it's NOT and "factory installed part" and other that say it is. AT NO TIME have seen a "review" on it. I would like to SEE how it works and how good it is. Aslo Is there a prefered vender (e-bay, amazon, web sites) that people have a GOOD relation with. The "guys" at heng-long-panzer.de are Vantastic and have LOTS of parts but shipping is expensive. Also what "main board" does it work on TK-6.0, TK-6.1? and what position does it work off of?

Please help by providing personal reviews of the FPV "system" and or photos of parts and video. Anything will help!

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Fsttanks

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Geolabman View Post
Fellows-
Does ANYONE have ANY information on the Heng Long FPV "system". I have been getting conflection information on it. Some say it's NOT and "factory installed part" and other that say it is. AT NO TIME have seen a "review" on it. I would like to SEE how it works and how good it is. Aslo Is there a prefered vender (e-bay, amazon, web sites) that people have a GOOD relation with. The "guys" at heng-long-panzer.de are Vantastic and have LOTS of parts but shipping is expensive. Also what "main board" does it work on TK-6.0, TK-6.1? and what position does it work off of?

Please help by providing personal reviews of the FPV "system" and or photos of parts and video. Anything will help!

Thank you.
The FPV is toy grade and lags a fair amount. Donít waist your money on that option.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:27 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsttanks View Post
The FPV is toy grade and lags a fair amount. Donít waist your money on that option.
^ This 100%. Add a small 5.8GHz aio cam/vtx for $20ish and you are good to go. You will need a monitor but they can be found for $50ish or more depending on size and features. With wifi FPV the lag is way too high to operate any vehicle, even a slow moving tank. 5.8GHz analog is cheap and is simple to use.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:14 AM
pcsguy88

My DJI Mavic Air and DJI Robomaster both operate off of WiFi well enough to operate remotely. Granted DJI is not toy grade, but they do use WiFi none the less.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
My DJI Mavic Air and DJI Robomaster both operate off of WiFi well enough to operate remotely. Granted DJI is not toy grade, but they do use WiFi none the less.
Wifi FPV sucks, even the DJI stuff. If you are just slowly floating around in the air then you don't see the lag as much. However if you slap that on a RC car, plane, or decent drone (not the AP floaters) you will see some serious lag in them. They did just release a new digital 5.8 system recently, but it still has lots of issues including lag, form factor, price (it is much more expensive to go with the proprietary DJI system than open analog), and the reception is terrible on the ground or in RF noisy environments. If you have a ton of money to waste and don't mind sharing your info with the Chinese government then go ahead and go digital FPV, but I'll stick with the much cheaper and reliable analog systems until ByteFrost releases from FatShark. To get into the DJI system is well over twice what it is for an analog system and after the first initial goggle/screen purchase it is around $20 per vehicle you want to add FPV to unlike the DJI which is around $150ish.
(oh check your email from me btw, I got that all sorted out for you!)
Old 05-28-2020, 11:48 AM
pcsguy88

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik View Post
Wifi FPV sucks, even the DJI stuff. If you are just slowly floating around in the air then you don't see the lag as much. However if you slap that on a RC car, plane, or decent drone (not the AP floaters) you will see some serious lag in them. They did just release a new digital 5.8 system recently, but it still has lots of issues including lag, form factor, price (it is much more expensive to go with the proprietary DJI system than open analog), and the reception is terrible on the ground or in RF noisy environments. If you have a ton of money to waste and don't mind sharing your info with the Chinese government then go ahead and go digital FPV, but I'll stick with the much cheaper and reliable analog systems until ByteFrost releases from FatShark. To get into the DJI system is well over twice what it is for an analog system and after the first initial goggle/screen purchase it is around $20 per vehicle you want to add FPV to unlike the DJI which is around $150ish.
(oh check your email from me btw, I got that all sorted out for you!)
Thank you again for clearing up that mess. Speaking of data collection, I might work for a mobile phone carrier and if you do not want everything in your life hoovered up and dispersed to world governments, you might want to toss that phone in the lake and go buy a solid 80ís car.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Thank you again for clearing up that mess. Speaking of data collection, I might work for a mobile phone carrier and if you do not want everything in your life hoovered up and dispersed to world governments, you might want to toss that phone in the lake and go buy a solid 80ís car.
Trust me, I think we are both on the same page there. With e-sims set to be the standard and enforced soon by the US Government that is going to upset a lot of security guys. I've been working with a company now for over a year or two on and off doing drone consulting and demos and WOW is some of the tech they have pretty hardcore. The jammer they are trying to get authorized (jammers are hardcore illegal in almost all circumstances here in the US to those not initiated) fits in the palm of your hand, can be daisy chained wirelessly, powers on and jams in less than 10 seconds, and runs for hours on a single charge. The big customers right now are government offices and court houses that don't want cameras and microphones turned on. They WILL have access to your modem to turn it on/off as well as have the power to turn your phone on/off too here soon. If I remember correctly I think there was only one big carrier still fighting it right?
As for tech unfortunately I'll never get rid of mine. I've even got my car's software modded. I personally run and flash my own custom Android builds too but this is at the modem level and will probably bypass that all together. Any thoughts there?
Old 05-29-2020, 12:35 AM
Tanque

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

There has been no privacy for quite a while. AI and ML are some of the fastest growing career paths a young person
can pursue. Large companies have ALL been collecting storing as much historical data as they possibly can for decades even if not
for real time analysis but for forward thinking technologies that may be able to mine the data years from now. And the government,