Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

DKLMRC Full Metal Recoil + Elevation Unit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DKLMRC Full Metal Recoil + Elevation Unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 02:21 PM
BlitzPig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DKLMRC Full Metal Recoil + Elevation Unit

Full Metal Recoil + Elevation Unit
Product Code: DK1200
https://www.dklmrc.com/product/metal_recoil

I ordered the DKLMRC metal barrel recoil/elevation unit back on April 18th for a project I am working on.

Being patient due to world events I waited about a month, May 12th, to send an email asking about its status. Some of the response to the email I had to guess but basically I was told that hopefully it may ship the following week.

So, being extremely patient again, I waited another month, June 19th, to send a follow up email asking again about the order status. The following reply I got was to ask for additional money due to a supposed "courier up-charge" of $18.20 on top of the $79.50 ($65 plus $14.50 shipping via paypal) that I already sent. The DKLMRC website says they have new units in stock and it is still listed at $65.00 but no mention of a $32.70 shipping charge.

When the order was placed it was for an agreed upon price and shipping charge. In my experience if this changes after the initial transaction the vendor should be obligated to pay the difference or advise that the order cannot be completed as originally agreed upon and refund all monies and NOT to ask for more money. I again replied on June 20th that I did not think this particular unit was worth $100 ($97.70) and asked that the order be canceled and my money refunded. I have not gotten a response or seen a refund in my Paypal account as yet.

This is my first experience and transaction with DKLMRC. Is this normal for them?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:28 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

They usually have a pretty good reputation but I would play it safe and file the PayPal claim right now.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:29 PM
1qaz

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

That does not sound good, I have ordered one of their "slow" gearboxes last year for my Char 2C and it came within a couple of weeks. Of course as we all know last year things in the world were very different. I have just received my tank stuff from Vandramodel over in Hungry, I was told it would take a couple of weeks tops, it ended up being about a month and a half. No fault from the shippers end, just going thru customs and all the other hurdles makes things really slow!
As for the additional cost in your case, that does not seem right!
Old 06-22-2020, 06:27 PM
Awenzel1979

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ordered a few items from Carson at DKLM and never had an issue. He has responded to emails of questions and been very helpful. In fact I have that same recoil unit in my metal Taigen Leo 2. Its a very soild setup. I know international shipping has been ridiculous as of late and I belive the Chinese new year mixed in as well.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:46 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I Just got last week my T-55AM Merida Add-on Kit upgrade and I did pay the extra shipping cost to have it airmailed otherwise would of had to wait for like ever for ship by boat and wanted it now so I was ok with it but each his own I never had any problems with shipping before the Covid-19 problem but I understand with whats happening right now Carson did say it was my choice .
thanks
Jimmy
Old 07-05-2020, 10:07 PM
BlitzPig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update. Carson came through with the refund.