Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Torro RC King Tiger motherboard totally shutting down

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Torro RC King Tiger motherboard totally shutting down

Old 06-30-2020, 11:17 PM
Eiwarte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torro RC King Tiger motherboard totally shutting down

Hello,

Recently I've been encountering a kind of problem I never saw before with my Torro RC King Tiger Pro Edition motherboard

To make it short, I bought a Torro RC King Tiger (because I love the Tiger II) and it ended up I had to replace the first motherboard due to major issue (not working at all)
But the second one is not that better

Whenever I try to use the track, one time it will work, the other time it totally powers off the tank (no blinking light or fan turning, no power at all even tho the main switch is on)
The Customers Service told me to turn off the recoil and recconnect the plug but it still does it and, as I said, it only happen when I try to move the tank

Thanks by advance for your awnsers and help!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:00 AM
Kear-Skof

I am by no means an expert on these things, but it sounds like the motors are trying to draw too much power, check the batteries charge level and if it is normal check to see if the tracks have any unusual resistance. I had an HL tiger II repeatedly power off when I tried to drive it, I then found that the right side track was moving with a large amount of resistance, causing an overdraw on the board and making it shut down. The problem was fixed by un-jamming the track.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:08 AM
Eiwarte

Hello

So I checked the tense of the tracks, and it seems to be normal (left track is a bit more tense than the right one but nothing the engine can't pull)
Tho I noticed that one time it's the foward command that make it stop, the other time it's the rotation, another it's the backward, etc...

And I tried, the engine doesn't even start pulling that the Motherboard is already shutting down (just triggering the command suffice for the Motherboard to shut down)
I'll try to grease the tracks tonight but I'm not sur it will help tbh

Last edited by Eiwarte; 07-01-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:53 AM
sve1976

Try to see if the motors are able to move without the tracks, you should be able to move the gears by hand.
I had a tiger that blew the relay of the board I was using constantly, turned out one of the motors was faulty.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That my friend sounds like one of two things: a faulty motherboard (most likely) or a short. When the tank turns off due to low voltage the headlights will blink still and you can restart the tank, though it wont move (the battery will cut off the tank again). However if you try to shoot and it completely shuts down then most likely it is a faulty motherboard. The easiest way to tell is to hook one thing up at a time and test the board and see what works such as:
  • Start the tank with just the sound card, speaker, and main power cable installed.
  • If the tank starts and goes through the motions then there is a good possibility there is a short somewhere. You can figure this out by turning the tank completely off and plugging one thing in at a time and starting the tank between to see if the functions have stopped.
  • Try only plugging in one of the motors at a time and swap from the left to the right side motor outputs on the board to see if you might have a motor that has failed.
The TG boards are usually pretty darn reliable and safe. If the first one failed after operation (as in you drove it a bit before it failed) then installing a second one without checking for the initial failure reason might have also caused this one to fail too. However generally they are pretty solid. Do you have a video of this so we can see a bit better to help?
Old 07-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Eiwarte

Okay so I took all suggestions and made a big verification of the tank
Firstly, I tested the motors alone and it seems like they are the problem (without pulling anything they still shut down the TG motherboard)

Also, I tested all functions one by one
All are working without causing any shut down, except the tracks (the shooting did too before I turned off the recoil, so we go again with those motors)

Also Imex, I have a video I made days ago for the support where we can see on the first part that I use a function (it was, once again, the tracks) and that we can't even hear the motors sound that the motherboard already shut down and on the second part it works just as usual
I can make a new video with more details if you want, but for now, I have this one: youtu.be/ewjyk4cigyU

Also, thanks you all for your help, I really appreciate it