Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hard time getting Taigen tank to Australia

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hard time getting Taigen tank to Australia

Old 07-11-2020, 02:54 AM
Anubizz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard time getting Taigen tank to Australia

I really have hard time getting Taigen Panzer 4 Winter edition to Australia, Taigen not willing to ship overseas and their retailer in Australia in OZArmour basically ignoring any email after fist email. I there any of forum member know if any shop that sell Taigen tank near or within Australia that sell this tank?

Old 07-11-2020, 05:04 AM
jarndice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish I could help you.
The only company in Australia that I buy from is---
www.bnamodelworld.com
and they do not sell Heng Long or Taigen/Torro products.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:43 PM
Zabretooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could buy from Torro, unless theres something Taigen does specifically that you can't live without, they are pretty much the same product. Shipping is a flat-rate 125 euros Fed-Ex to Australia, so thats steep and exchange isn't too kind to us at the moment either. But I placed two orders with them over the last couple of months and they worked out really well, ordered pretty much the same thing as you but in parts.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:48 AM
Anubizz

I also have a look at Torro, but I really love the look at taigen winter panzer 4 and might consider adding tiger mid if the shipment are the same. I don't think torro make bb + barrel recoil.

The shipment cost are insane, a shame really that oz armour stop communicating all together, I also yet receive reply from Taigen if there is any of his resaller near Australia, nor from forgebear.
​​​​​

​​
Old 07-12-2020, 04:14 AM
jarndice

Apart from the obvious difference in its winter camo the only real difference between a Western Front and an Eastern Front PZ4 is the winter tracks and those are available as an upgrade,
I bought a Heng Long Body and a Taigen metal hull with snow tracks and 4-1 gearboxes and a upgraded Taigen Turret separately (The Taigen Quick Release works with the Heng Long Body) and after a little work on the body I finished it off with a winter camo finish and lo and behold a Panzer 4 Ausf G on the Eastern Front,
You can be anywhere in the World and if you have access to a Post office you can buy the parts on line and the postage will be far more bearable than buying a RTR Tank .
Have you thought of using Banggood or Ali-Baba as a source ?
Old 07-12-2020, 05:08 AM
Crius

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

If it was me, I would get a hold of Kevin Grannum at RC tanks Australia. He knows most of the RC tankers on your continent and pretty much all of the vendors that service Australia. If anyone can tell you how to get a winter P4 to Australia for the cheapest price, it will be Kevin.

Last edited by Crius; 07-12-2020 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:56 AM
Anubizz

Hi Guys

Thanks for your advice, I try to contact Kevin as per Gary advice, I hope he get hold of Taigen to Australia, if that fail then, I guest their Panzer 4 summer are not to bad , and I need to bear the shipping cost.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:15 AM
Zabretooth

Originally Posted by Anubizz View Post
I also have a look at Torro, but I really love the look at taigen winter panzer 4 and might consider adding tiger mid if the shipment are the same. I don't think torro make bb + barrel recoil.

The shipment cost are insane, a shame really that oz armour stop communicating all together, I also yet receive reply from Taigen if there is any of his resaller near Australia, nor from forgebear.
Before the commie cough my first order they shipped through DHL which was around 40 euros, hopefully they go back to DHL when postage services become more reliable might be worth waiting
Old 07-12-2020, 06:26 AM
jarndice

Originally Posted by Zabretooth View Post
Before the commie cough my first order they shipped through DHL which was around 40 euros, hopefully they go back to DHL when postage services become more reliable might be worth waiting
Ordering through Banggood or Ali-Baba often results in a long wait but with the advantage of FREEPOST..
Old 07-12-2020, 06:32 AM
bowlman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes this covid-19 has slowed down packages being sent if they send there normal way or not at all being held at customs. I have had other places change to a different air mail and its more up in price but package is sent faster I still myself have a package setting in customs in Austria witch they wont send tell the no shipping to USA is lifted .
Thanks
Jimmy
Old 07-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Afrikakorps

Hi Anubizz,
Mark from Ozarmour is usually pretty good, and does respond to his emails. Perhaps you just need to try again.
Getting Taigen into Australia is very difficult , and the best solution I have found is to order Torro/Taign through .de
The other option is to buy through ebay (expensive)
RCTA does not sell tanks, only some electronics and some 3d bits
Maybe you could also try joining a local rc tank club and see if they can help you.
Cheers
Afrikakorps