Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long M1A1 Abrams Suspension Too Soft

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long M1A1 Abrams Suspension Too Soft

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 01:55 AM
CaptB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Heng Long M1A1 Abrams Suspension Too Soft

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought an M1A1 Abrams - the HL version and have found the rear suspension in particular to be really soft and the tank sits very low at the rear.
Are their stronger springs available to counter this or does one have to 'Clock' the existing springs to solve the problem?

Cheers in advance

Captain B
Old 08-27-2020, 05:03 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I just added weight to the front to make it sit level. I also helps to keep it from riding up when it bashes through brush. Half a dozen 3/4 inch washers held in place with glue did it.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:11 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptB
Hi Guys,

I have recently bought an M1A1 Abrams - the HL version and have found the rear suspension in particular to be really soft and the tank sits very low at the rear.
Are their stronger springs available to counter this or does one have to 'Clock' the existing springs to solve the problem?

Cheers in advance

Captain B
The Abrams has adjustable suspension springs. Remove the last two rear road wheels and control arms on each side #6 & #7. There is a spring under the control arms. Just set it to the heavier setting and re-install the arms and road wheels. This will keep the rear of the Abrams from sagging.

It’s easy and nothing to fear doing.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:11 PM
CaptB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great - just the solution I was hoping for. I'll tackle that this weekend.

Cheers

CaptB