Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

good deals are still out there

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

good deals are still out there

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 11:14 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default good deals are still out there

I'm not advertising, or recommending this, but it seems like a good price to me, $170 delivered for a KT. Yeah, it will be all plastic and airsoft and it surely has plastic gears and everything else, but for this price it's a real good platform for a variety of projects. And it has 6.0 electronics, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-He...fe62%7Ciid%3A2

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2268202
Old 09-12-2020, 11:20 AM
Crius

I guess the days of an all plastic Tiger One for 80 bucks are gone for good, but compared to some other hobbies we've been doing OK in the price department. With some judicious shopping and a bit of skill and two and a half buckets of luck one can still build a credible hobby-grade tank for less than $500. And have you ever noticed that some hobbies have made great progress in cost efficiency, while some have gone through the roof? I mean, back in the 90s, if you wanted to get into large scale RC planes, you were gonna spend at least a grand to get in the air in something halfway decent. Now you can fly a decent RC airplane for an initial investment of well under half that much. But on the other hand, the model railroad hobby has gone rather nuts, and they priced me right out of that hobby. And now I foolishly want to do some kind of 1/16 scale garden railway one day. I guess it's true, I really am as crazy as an outhouse rat.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Crius

And here's another. Don't we already have a thread where we can post really good deals if we run across them? Nothing in the stickies seems to suit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-He...item4b7f083fda

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2268203
Old 09-12-2020, 11:37 AM
Crius

As I was surfing ebay I came across this warning on one of the tanks

Warning:

HengLong RC tank is hobby grade but not toy grade, we expect our buyer is capable of maintain this tank, coz the tank will wear and get glitches in running. Lacking manipulative ability will result in bad buyer purchasing experience.

Only suitable for people with manipulative ability.

Not suitable for people without interest to maintain and exchange parts. If you maintain and upgrade the tank, you have to open the tank, fix and refit parts by yourself.

Not suitable for people who is too busy to learn from seller about how to maintain.

Not suitable for people who only want buy a simple toy.

Please be cautious to buy this HOBBY TYPE product!

I thought this was pretty cool and anyone considering this hobby would be well advised to pay close attention to that.