Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Bo Opening for New Project, Panzer II Ausf. C in 1/6 scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Bo Opening for New Project, Panzer II Ausf. C in 1/6 scale

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 11:17 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Bo Opening for New Project, Panzer II Ausf. C in 1/6 scale

Got my work cut out for me on this one, but I'm already getting ideas.

The following users liked this post:
herrmill (10-23-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Looking forward to how you decide to power the tanks, assuming electric motors, one for each sprocket. I'm going to start on the Dragon 1/6 Sherman and have some car seat adjustment motors I'm planning to use. It's all plastic so shouldn't be too heavy, my Vantex Sherman is fiberglass, wood and metal and is heavy, it uses a 24 Volt scooter motor, 200 watt version I think. Are you going paintball or Airsoft, maybe something else?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:21 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Those geared scooter motors are awesome. I have used them in three different 1/6th combat tank builds. They have tons of power. I have them in 350W and 400W, but my combat tanks weigh over 100lbs. The scooter motors are proven. Using those car seat adjustment motors is a gamble. I say that because the scooter motors are made for constant use while those car adjustment motors are designed for short duration use. But of course it's your tank and you can build it how you like...
Old 10-22-2020, 08:51 AM
RC_BobM

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Gary,
Great project- I'm looking forward to see you render your talents to this 1/6 project. There are several of us who have converted the 1/6 Dragon Sherman to RC, so look those builds up on this forum. I used the seat motors for the Sherman and they work fine. They are less than $20 each at salvage places (ServoCity) and are 12V.

I think the stock track links should work fine for the PZII, but printing them in ABS is not a bad idea.

Post your build thread. I'm interested to see what you do for sound.

Best regards,
Bob

Last edited by RC_BobM; 10-22-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:26 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I've already got the sound sorted out, I'll be using an IBU 2 Pro with a TPA amp. I'll have to order two more speakers, but I intend to duplicate the system that's in my hetzer. The big difference with this tank is that I'm hoping to run everything on a 3s lipo. The whole bottom half of the hetzer is metal so I needed a lot more power so I used the 350w scooter motors with a 6S lipo but I shouldn't have to go that far with a tank as light as this.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:16 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Will be following as I've been looking at one for my son.