Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/6 Tiger Restoration - Help needed

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/6 Tiger Restoration - Help needed

Old 01-21-2021, 08:00 PM
kingfisher_29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6 Tiger Restoration - Help needed

Hi Guys,

My family is in possession of a (mostly) complete 1/6 Tiger made by Winson models in 2001. It belong to my great uncle who has done most of the work, but unfortunately he no longer has the time or capacity to restore it to running order. I was curious if anyone was available and interested to work on the project as we'd be happy to pay to see it restored to full running condition. We have full drawings and documentation of this too from the manufacturer (whom no longer exists). Please feel free to reach out if you're interested in helping us out with this.

Thanks,
Ben

Old 01-21-2021, 10:03 PM
Michal_Kaczorowski

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe ask John from eastcoastarmory.com
Old 01-22-2021, 12:10 AM
Tanque

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I may be mistaken but isn't the Winson Tiger I a 1/8 scale model? I recall seeing their work online.You could purchase component
sets to build the model in stages.Never knew anyone who built one. The company went bankrupt with over a Million pounds in debt;
bad story of deceit and greed.

Jerry

A built Winson Tiger I
Winson Owner's website
Winson Directors' troubles
Old 01-22-2021, 03:51 AM
Crius

Received 82 Likes on 74 Posts

Just exactly what kind of help do you need? Do you have all the parts, or do you need to make a couple? Does it have Motors and servos and electronics, or do you have to figure all that stuff out? And some photos would really help.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:32 AM
Tanque

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius View Post
Just exactly what kind of help do you need? Do you have all the parts, or do you need to make a couple? Does it have Motors and servos and electronics, or do you have to figure all that stuff out? And some photos would really help.

I second that question. For a larger model such as this I'd assume you are looking for someone locally to do whatever work needed however it would be helpful
to know just what is needed. It may be possible for some of us to assist you via video call if we knew what was required. I seem to recall there were two options
for powering the Winson Tiger: electric and IC engine. The latter may have been only planned and never realized I'm not certain.

I'd certainly be willing to advise via email, text or video conference.

Jerry