Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tanker Intro

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 08:38 AM
PanzerCmdr

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kolholznik
Attachment 2270239

Had to put one cross on it for now! Just ran thru an initial start-up and function test. Works perfect!
Nice! 🙂
Old 04-24-2021, 11:55 AM
kolholznik

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1qaz
Your new Tiger looks good! You might also consider airbrushing the markings on the model. With the zimmerit finish a painted insignia will really look good as the decals may have issues conforming to the bumpy surface. When you come to Danville this May bring your two new tanks, even though the models are not "Tamiya comparable" you can still drive around the battle field during the off times. My wife has spent more time just driving her Sherman around and having fun between the battles!
See Ya, Larry
Thanks! I'd like to do that. I may have three or four tanks by the time I come down on May 29th considering how well this one has performed today. Very impressed with how easy it is to maneuver and shoot on the move. The build quality is superb. Here's the big one, though: even my wife thinks it's cool. LOL I kind of knew she would, though. Her hobby is antique doll and picture frame restoration. She takes stuff we find at yard sales and thrift stores, stuff I think belongs in the trash and somehow makes it look brand new again. Occasionally she'll sell one of her doll-projects on EBay but, most of the time she keeps them. Same with picture frames so she understands my newfound fascination with RC tanks. I think we both married the right women, Larry! .
Old 04-26-2021, 11:44 AM
kolholznik

Click image for larger version

Name:	YSOX7qd.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	2270240

Name:	lHvjS2U.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	2270241

Enjoyed getting to know the Taigen Tiger 1 (Late) this weekend and learning how to drive a metal 1/16 scale RC tank. Very cool. Still lots to learn but, overall, a successful and satisfying first run.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:07 AM
kolholznik

Name:	hQPj5uN.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	2270303

Name:	5gWGrOv.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	2270304

Wife claimed the Tiger so I got a Panther G for myself. Time for some dysfunctional family therapy!
The following users liked this post:
UGA-SAN (05-01-2021)