Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

best transmitter for the sheridan

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

best transmitter for the sheridan

Old 05-09-2021, 12:37 PM
fury69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best transmitter for the sheridan

so what's the best transmitter that will go well with the recent sheridan?
Old 05-09-2021, 11:36 PM
cleong

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I would suggest this:

Amazon Amazon

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	81r2BgbEakL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	2270344  
Old 05-10-2021, 03:53 AM
rgburrill

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Chung-Leong, seriously? Are all of your tanks toys? How many use only 4 channels?
Old 05-10-2021, 04:51 AM
cleong

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
Chung-Leong, seriously? Are all of your tanks toys? How many use only 4 channels?
Yes seriously.

I have a Spektrum DX8 and JR DSX9 and don’t use more than 5 channels at most, because the large majority of my tanks are Tamiya and used for IR gaming and not so much for display and demonstration.

I would suggest you look at how the Finespec is tailored to optimise Tamiya’s electronics set up where additional functions are hidden in servo over-throws and combinations of those.

4 channels on paper, yes, but it allows the operator to activate special functions like lights, volume up and down, remote engine shut down, auto stabilisation, etc.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:08 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My opinion is well known here. Stay away from tamiya radios, specially non programmable 4ch ones like the tamiya/futaba attack, skysport and even the finespec.

Reasons, here: https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/
Old 05-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Fsttanks

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I would suggest something with dual rates. The Sheridan is very light and a bit overpowered, this makes the track issue worst as the tank reacts sharply if you are not easy on the controls. This IMO also takes away from the enjoyment of simply driving the tank. Dual rates are able to “smooth out the power curve” and make the tank far more enjoyable to drive. Since I have started driving mine with dual rates set to lower the power I have had far less issues with the tracks and have a much smoother handling tank.

I use a DX8 on my Sheridan, but there are other radios that have dual rate options.

Just my .02
Old 05-10-2021, 06:48 AM
MAUS45

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Just depends on what you want out of the radio. For a Tamiya out of the box plug and play, Futaba/Tamiya 4 Channle radios are good quality and literally plug and play.
If you want to use a different control system then you may want to use a programable radio, like Spectrum. The Finespec is a good inexpensive 4Ch radio as well. It all depends on what you want to spend and do with the model.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:06 PM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MAUS45 View Post
Just depends on what you want out of the radio. For a Tamiya out of the box plug and play, Futaba/Tamiya 4 Channle radios are good quality and literally plug and play.
If you want to use a different control system then you may want to use a programable radio, like Spectrum. The Finespec is a good inexpensive 4Ch radio as well. It all depends on what you want to spend and do with the model.
I would just play around the yard. No battles or anything like that. I might go with the finespec. Just as it’s easy n simple.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:07 PM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cleong View Post
so it does come w a receiver ?
Old 05-10-2021, 12:34 PM
Tankster

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Or get a Radiomaster TX16S and you will never have to buy any other transmitter. It will work with any receiver. One radio for all tanks, boats, planes and Kubelwagens! You can assign all your switches, sliders, potentiometers and sticks to be the same for all your vehicles. Makes hobby life much less cluttered and complicated. Just my 2 cents.