Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

abrams ro sherdain

Old 05-13-2021, 05:54 AM
fury69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default abrams ro sherdain

ok its down to 2 tanks...shall i either get the abrams or the sheridan?

thx suggestions?
Old 05-13-2021, 07:58 AM
RichJohnson

Received 131 Likes on 89 Posts

Get both, they are likely to be discontinued when stock runs out based on the current Tamiya trend...
Old 05-13-2021, 09:30 AM
Fsttanks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

My .02 is to get the Sheridan first. You can always get a HL Abrams and upgrade it to be equal or better then the Tamiya Abrams for slightly less should the Tamiya Abrams be discontinued. I have both the Tamiya Sheridan and Abrams and by far I enjoy the Sheridan more even with its track issues. The Tamiya Abrams is only slightly better then the newer 6.0 HL Abrams especially if the HL Abrams is using their “cross drive” transmission.

I have some short videos of both being run to various degrees of roughness on my Instagram @ fsttanks. Feel free to take a look.

Tamiya Abrams in NATO camo and Sheridan in Desert Storm theme tan.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 05-13-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:47 AM
tankme

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Really surprised no one has stepped up to make tracks for the Sheridan yet. That's what has pretty much kept me from buying one. Given that HL has an Abrams, I personally would probably go with the Sheridan and hope someone makes tracks for it.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:55 AM
pitstain

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme View Post
Really surprised no one has stepped up to make tracks for the Sheridan yet. That's what has pretty much kept me from buying one. Given that HL has an Abrams, I personally would probably go with the Sheridan and hope someone makes tracks for it.
DKLM RC has the CAD files done for the new Sheridan tracks, however due to production capacity shortages in China they have not made it into a factory yet, you can go on facebook and find "Carson DKLM" and send him a message on messenger, maybe if enough of us contact him he may put in some more effort to get them into production.