Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone help Me? (Tank Work Request)

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Can Anyone help Me? (Tank Work Request)

Old 06-07-2021, 11:49 AM
MoparGuy96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Anyone help Me? (Tank Work Request)

I'm looking for someone who is willing to fix/upgrade my Heng Long Pershing (the turret is a little messed up) into a Tamiya compatible IR T26E4 Super Pershing (The famous one with the Panther Armor welded onto it).
I would be willing to pay and ship the tank to someone on the East Coast of America who might be able to transform the tank into this. I want it to be able to battle with other tanks when I take it to the AAF tank museum in Virginia.
Any help finding someone who could do this would be greatly appreciated.
Also this is my first post so sorry if I'm breaking a rule posting this in the wrong area.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:47 AM
Crius

Received 149 Likes on 131 Posts

Any luck yet? I'm pretty sure Tom Hugill (sp?) Recently had a super Pershing up for sale that was battle ready. The problem with asking him to build another would be that he's in the UK, but if he still has the other one, perhaps you could just buy that. It's ready to go. Unless he already sold it. Are you out there Tom? Still got the super Pershing?
Old 06-10-2021, 12:05 AM
Koenigstiger

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello from germany,

here is a good deal = https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...19634-249-1945

Best greetings

Guenther
Old 06-10-2021, 01:47 AM
Crius

I think whether or not that is a good deal will depend on whether or not it's battle ready and comes with an apple. If it is battle ready, Tamiya compatible, and comes with a decent Apple then yes, it's a good deal. However, if it's still an airsoft tank or hasn't been wired for an apple and an emitter I would say that that price is kind of high. However, to have one built would probably cost more.

For the OP, do you have a budget for this project? If you ask me, if you want to have a tank custom-built, you're going to need somewhere between $1,000 and $1,200.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:53 AM
cleong

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Tamiya doesn't do airsoft. An apple costs all of $100 purchased on eBay, and with that tank being based off a Tamiya M26 its quite literally plug and play.

Your biggest worry would be it surviving the trip across the Atlantic unscathed.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:59 AM
cleong

Also, as nice as long barrels look, they don't give you any advantage unless you're allowed to fit the IR right in the tip of the muzzle. Long barrels tend to get hung up on trees, buildings and other obstacles, giving your turret rotation gearbox clutch a hard time.

One of the more fearsome tanks I've encountered on Danville is actually a howitzer variant of the M26, the M45, piloted by James. He had it equipped with FPV, and coupled with the barrel depression and canny battle tactics, owned ridge lines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	M26_Pershing-M4HMC-1024x488.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2270458
Old 06-10-2021, 10:52 AM
Crius

You're absolutely right, Leong, for some strange reason I was thinking that was a heng long. That just might be his best bet, I would message the seller and see if he has already installed an apple base. Otherwise, like you said, the museum has the apple and base kit for around $100 and since it should have Tamiya electronics that should be all that's needed. Maybe an emitter? Perhaps one that Clips on the barrel? But like you said, shipping can be kind of dodgy going across that puddle.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:22 AM
sevoblast

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE But like you said, shipping can be kind of dodgy going across that puddle.[/QUOTE]

More true words are rarely spoken. For my shipments, it takes on average 2 to 2.5 months to journey from my AO to Maryland, not counting the every bit of 3 days it takes to get from our little village to the Big Apple way up north. Problem with most mail and parcels is they go on commercial flights on a 'space available' program and with the plague, albeit pretty much gone in our little village, there are precious few flights from the continent to US. Once it gets in US the real fun begins, parcel will bounce back and forth all over US and the US Post tracking system is a bad joke on a good day. Don't believe me? Just ask Rich Johnson, he can verify the horror stories. That and then you have the fun of the gorillas in the parcel handling rooms of Post. You don't want to see a parcel of kits we got from HennTec a week ago, the box was pretty much gone and it's only a miracle that none of the kits managed to escape. That box made it from Germany via DHL to Customs in NYC in less than a week and there it sat. US Post said it was sent to Daryl's Post and an attempt to deliver was made (bald faced lie, Daryl was home all day that day), then Post held it for well over a month to 'verify the address on the parcel'. Another lie, parcel was never at his local post, he checked. In the end it was delivered, busted half apart as it was, and it was only two days later that Post said it was 'ready to deliver'. If this is the best that what is supposedly one of the best Post services on this rock hurtling through space, one can only imagine what happens with the worst.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:57 AM
MoparGuy96

I have looked into getting the tank from the German link. He hasn't responded but I think its a good deal (if I can get it across the ocean).

Old 06-11-2021, 12:35 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Hello from Desert Armor. Been bogged down with some family health issues so I am late to respond but I can share my conversion process to see if it helps. http://www.desertarmor.com/DAK_PROJE..._Pershing.html
Old 06-11-2021, 02:19 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparGuy96 View Post
I have looked into getting the tank from the German link. He hasn't responded but I think its a good deal (if I can get it across the ocean).
I would strongly recommend listening to the previous shipping risk advise. The overseas rc tank will never make it to you without significant damage, that you do not have the skills to repair. Bottom line your throwing your money away.

Keep looking and or better yet join the rc tank hobby and become a modeler and build one yourself.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:41 PM
cleong

Well, for better or worse, that T26E4 appears to be sold.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:52 PM
MoparGuy96

I really appreciate the responses, and the suggestions. I tried to modify my HL Pershing which I kind of broke the turret while undoing some screws (I'm very challenged when it comes to building, everyone in my family can do stuff like that except me).

I'm kind of stuck with the tank that I have at the moment. Edoubleaz; I'll look at that guide and see if I can do what you showed, it looks really in depth! Where/How did you get the parts for the turret and hull reinforcement? That tank looks like a work of art!

Again thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread and who continues to do so. I've had a rough week so sorry for seemingly abandoning the thread, I hope to keep this thread going until my tank is finished!